Voracidous Question

I am playing as Salvador at level 71 and have been shredded quite a few times by Voracidous. Looking online I see there is a method of going “underneath” Voracidous so he cannot get at you. I’ve tried this a few times but unloading a pair of on-level DPUH’s, an on-level DPUH and Grog Nozzle and a pair of on-level launchers makes absolutely no impact on his health or shield bar. Has this method of beating Voracidous been modded out? I was hoping that I might be able to get my first Sereph crystal or a Sereph weapon but this is now looking highly unlikely. Any thoughts?

3 Likes

Moved you to the right spot. I will note that Vora is a pain in any mode. I don’t know if the glitch got patched or not, but it doesn’t get around the whole shield thing that V. does, so you still have to deal with that.

If you really want to start getting seraph crystals/gear, I’d start with Pyro Pete. You’ll need to complete the main story mission involving him first but, once you’ve done that, you can pick up a mission from Moxxi to take on the raid boss version. It can still be a tricky fight - you will need the tools to strip Pete’s shield - so it’s worth reading up on the various strategies you can employ so you know what to expect. Better yet, if you can arrange it, go co-op with someone who knows the fight well and can walk you through it.

8 Likes

That under-the-map method is the worst. You pretty much have to use an Infinity and a Bee and clear your schedule. In some cases, her claws don’t go through the ground and there’s nothing to damage - so I recall throwing Chain Lightnings to try to get her to move. It’s awful.

I did a quick YT search. This is should be the setup you’re using :

You may not need the Trespasser for the Chief. Unlike the guy in the vid, you should unequip it once he’s down if you do.
In the vid he uses a Bee - but I’d probably recommend an Evolution or Neogenator ; or a Rough Rider if you don’t have those. Also, you probably don’t need an alternative gun at OP0 (this guy has an Interfacer, which you can only get from…Vorac!).

The alternative, and quite frankly what most of us here do, is the Pimpernel/Rocket Launcher cheese. I can’t recall if you’re familiar with this and/or have the gear - let us know and we can expand on that.

The main thing is to use No Kill Like Overkill effectively. This means killing ONE savage and then turning back to Vorac with NKLO active. When it expires (7 seconds?), find another savage and repeat until they’re gone.

If you use the Pimp, it will take under a minute at OP0. Using the DPUH, I’d guess about 4 or 5 minutes.

8 Likes

To pile on what @jefe said, the PimperLauncher combo I hear lauded for this particular fight is PimperCreaming because the Creamer is a Moxxi weapon and Voracidous is notoriously difficult to parmigiana.
And to pile on what @VaultHunter101 said, your first seraph guardian should be someone who will go gentle on you because it’s your first time. Usually this means Pete, but Hyperius isn’t too bad either.

6 Likes

At OP0, it’s not necessary. I went Pimp / Duurp / empty / Creamer - but never needed to swap. NKLO takes her down insanely fast.
Definitely recommended above OP5 or so though.

6 Likes

To be perfectly honest, I’ve never even considered taking on Vora myself. Now that I’ve opened ma bouche grande I will probably go get a Creamer and take a shot at it, but I’ve never really seen the need because most of what I want comes from vendors/Pete/Hyperius and those problems are easily solved with what I already have.

5 Likes

but…but…but…Interfacer :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I’ve always heard that referred to as raiding gear, and I don’t raid seriously. Plus both of my Sals spec Steady as She Goes, which doesn’t play well with Hyperion gear, and I usually don’t use much Hyperion gear. However, my newest Gaige uses them alongside her Vladof so I may be in the market for it sooner rather than later. One thing at time, right Jefe? :wink:

5 Likes

The only weapon I’ve yet to get is the Hawkeye- I’ve tried the PimpAhab with Vora but I guess I’m the only Sal player that can’t get it right as I failed miserably- s/he’s still on my list though :rage:

5 Likes

It’s honestly a great gun. Worth the effort imo.

6 Likes

For everyone or just Sal? I assume I’ll be trying for it sooner or later (I mean, I never thought I would even try cheesing Pete or Hyperius, but that happened), but I want to make sure I put it in the right hands.

4 Likes

show us your build, maybe we can make it more OP.

It is still working, but i’ll tell you it took a long time to killed vora in that way and it is not satisfying.

Agree, you do not need a bee, trespasser and a harold will down the chief real quick.

Depends on your luck on the money shot chain. I have down him in less than 2 minutes at 72 but I got a pretty good chain in the middle of the fight.

Agree, voracidous is IMO one of the hardest raid boss alongside the dragons.

It is a top gear for all characters. It is a preferred side weapon for me most melee zero players, great gun for sal, also good for krieg and maya.

4 Likes

DPUH, Grog, Chain Lightning and a lot of back pedaling. :+1:

4 Likes

Bad ASS!. OP8 next.!!!

4 Likes

Right. OP0 - no Trespasser required! :wink:

4 Likes

If you’re good with weapons that have a sweet-spot range like the Flakker or Sawbar, it’s devastating. Myself though, I’m pretty terrible with those types of weapons, heh. :smiley: One of my Mayas has a fire one that she can put to good use though, since phaselocking obviously helps with keeping baddies in that sweet spot.

But anyway, back on the OP topic, beating Vorac, I’ve never tried Pimperdurping him, but rather the old tried and true DPUH/Grog and keeping my fingers crossed that I can outheal his constant face humping and novas. I do use a Trespasser at the beginning to take down the chief quickly. I’ve tried using my now-preferred Deputy build against him but it hasn’t worked out. And I’m way too chicken to try other characters against him. :smiley: (Except for Axton in TVHM in coop play.)

5 Likes

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, I’ve been trying to work out how to get my skill tree on to the forum. In addition to the attached tree my Class Mod is a Chaotic Evil Monk with +6 Money Shot skills. My Relic switches between the Sheriff’s Badge and Blood of the Ancients (+48% Health and +65.5% Pistol Ammo. Main weapons are on-level DPUH and a Grog Nozzle. My skill tree is as follows:

http://bl2skills.com/gunzerker.html#505050531515055300515143000000000

4 Likes

All that looks good to me.
Some might argue against your 3 points in I’m Ready Already, but without a Legendary Berserker/Gunzerker, more cooldown is good. Not sure how much effect that 15% will have though.
I like the Blood of the Ancients plan a lot.

2 Likes

Are you wearing a Rough Rider? I’ve heard that makes for some Inconceivably excellent $Shot chains.

2 Likes

For Vora you need luck in chaining money shots for a fast kill. If lady luck is not on your side be prepared to health gate when your gunzerk is down. Chain ligthning with grog or harold swap will do.

I believe I’m Ready Already at 5 points will help you with that, all seconds counts when you are in vora’s lair.

You can also try legendary Berserker or Legendary Gunzerker com and see if it works. It works better for me since i want to be in gunzerker longer. But my personal favorite is chaotic good monk (for reload speed and fire rate).

Also you can maximize keep firing. once you press that trigger, don’t ever let go. :hugs:

overall, i recommend to drop 3 points in lay waste, max im ready already, max incite, drop hard to kill, put 1 point in steady as she goes (it is a one point wonder anyway), put a point in asbestos if your com boost it.

Good luck.

If you have a few minutes, here is me taking on OP8 Vora.

3 Likes