Wacky / Unique "Bird Hunt" Style Mode Ideas?

This was inspired by an idea @skeksis_SYL had in another thread of mine.

He suggested an “all faction leader” event, or maybe “all Melee” where Attikus could truly shine.

@EdenSophia suggested an all random mode with everyone starting at level 10 with each player starting as a new random character at each respawn (although I also know she doesn’t like extra queues as it adds further player base division).

Please post your own ideas here, the wackier the better!

3 Likes

What about 5 weeks of a “Faction a Week” queue?

The Deande vs. Mellka wars, one side all mellka and the other deande.
mellkas just flying through the air while deandes are spamming full health clones.

It would be glorious

5 Likes

Faction wars - each team must pick characters from a single faction (Unique characters still on), factions, map, and mode are all randomized.

Random mode - each match selects completely random characters for everyone (can pick loadouts and skins etc.), along with 3 random tweaks to the game. These could be things like double damage, really short cooldowns, low gravity, friendly fire on, all explosions replaced with confetti, etc.

4 Likes

And cue boldur saying “begun the twin wars have!”

2 Likes

This ^
I´d really really love a Faction-related event as this :heart:

6 Likes

They said this isn’t or purposely wouldn’t be possible

3 Likes

Snowball fight for this winter. Everyone gets snowballs to throw (could be changed to dodgeball for summer)

We could get a simple square map with some basic cover and have a good old fashioned snowball fight for our favorite characters.

I wouldn’t ever expect this to be a thing but it’d definitely be wacky.

6 Likes

@BaconianOne

Like LucaBall from that game that shall remain nameless.

That was surprisingly fun!

Or like the volleyball from Tekken!

Man, I’d love to see a “Mario Tennis” type game with the cast of Battleborn!

1 Like

@Jythri and @joekgbx

Hoping to give you guys some ideas for future events!

1 Like

A mode where no one dies.

Cranky old ppl vs swaggity youngsters… I am not sure about their ages, just taking a wild guess

Old folks - Kleese, Ambra, WF, Boldur, Rath

Young peeps - Kid Ultra, S&A, Toby, Thorn, Phoebe

3 Likes

Low gravity, slow-motion (gameplay at about half speed), only characters with some form of jump boost or movement skill allowed, and the 2001: A Space Odyssey theme song plays constantly.

3 Likes

Replacing Rath with Ernest is all I got. Put Benny on the young team maybe?

@nbrownlie237

“Daisy, Daisy…”

“My God, it’s full of stars!”

1 Like

YES I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED THAT!

1 Like

Why would you replace Rath with Ernest? Rath is sustained, he’s young compared to the other sustained but still older than most of the cast. Ernest is just a bird. He’s probably around the same age as Whiskey?

Heck no. Whiskey is old for a clone, but he’s still really young by normal terms. Ernest I think is around 50-60 or so, so quite old. (although considering Toby is 46 I’m not sure.)

1 Like

So more like Ghalt then? Wasn’t he like 50-60? I’ve imagined them all to be in the late thirties early fifties range.

Not that any of them actually like… look old. But I guess thats The New Thing™ with game devs. “She’s 40 I swear she’s just using nano tech to look so se… Young!” :joy:

It’s like when me and my friends were young and used to write a bunch of stories with characters between 25-35 but all of them looked and acted like they were fifteen. This is the rise of Edgy Teenage OC’s.

2 Likes

Ghalt’s can be confirmed through lore (I don’t remember it exactly) but he’s about 43. It should be on Lowlines’s lore bible thingy somewhere.