Wait... why is that a thing?

After watching a lot of Battleborn videos, I found that… surrendering is a thing. Why is that? Considering the state of the game, the youtuber I’m watching always complains how long it takes to get into a match. Why would you ever surrender if it took you that long to find a game?

Also the fact, I think he also said you lose out on a stupid amount of EXP by surrendering.

So, why surrender off the bat if it took you so long to find said match and lose out on EXP? I don’t understand why this is a thing :confused: Wouldn’t you want to play as much as you can, due to the small player base?

3 Likes

Haha ■■■■ son I’d love to know the answer to this.

I did not just queue for 15 minutes just for my team to surrender because someone got a ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ boo-boo there’s 90% of the match left we’ll go down fighting ok? ya’ll hear me? NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER, LISTEN TO THE SENTRY YOU VOTED FOR THIS MODE NOW LIVE WITH YOUR DECISIONS

deep inhale

I’m fine, I’m fine.

11 Likes

Since the player base is so small, occasionally the matchmaking system puts together a team with a vastly more skilled one, creating an imbalanced match. Sometimes people would rather try to re-roll for a different opposing team than just accept a massive stomp. Unless I know the other team is purposefully griefing, I avoid starting a surrender. But I understand people wanting to try and re-roll for a more balanced matchup.

1 Like

How does that make sense though? Since the player base is so small, chances are you’ll just get matched up with those same players anyway. Yeah, you might get teamed up with those players. It doesn’t really fix the problem. It’s just in your favor cause “ooooh, we got the level 100 players now~” Only to have the other team surrender cause YOU got the level 100 players. :confused:

2 Likes

I never understood this myself. Even if you ain’t gonna win, you can at least try farming some minions or grinding out some lore challenges, or just messing around diving for kills. EXP is still plentiful even for a loss.

1 Like

I mean, I understand if I’m playing in a team that has 5 100’s and the enemy’s levels range from 2-7 that they’d wish to surrender, but when 5 100 vs 5 100 keep surrendering… Sigh.

How do people expect to get any better at the game if the only people they’re willing to play against are people “worse” than them.

1 Like

Even if it is a 5-man CR100 enemy team, I still just stick with it and grind out the lore challenges. They ain’t gonna do themselves!

@nbrownlie237

IF you still have lore challenges left for the characters you frequently select…

I don’t tend to pick my frequent characters if I see the yellow bar of death. Stuff like Galilea’s or Montana’s, involving blocking/taking/dealing loads of damage. All of my current mains (Foxtrot, Thorn, Reyna and Boldur) I got done yonks ago.

2 Likes

@nbrownlie237

Fair enough.

However, now you can’t see the YLOD…

You can see Command Rank in character selection though, because the scoreboard’s still accessible. Can just go by that.

2 Likes

@nbrownlie237

Yes.

Only after the match has started though, sadly.

Although, to be fair, I’ve found myself requeuing a LOT less lately and having just as many, if not more, quality matches.

1 Like

Do not speak of this.

As in, RIP my first PS3

2 Likes

I agree, it’s certainly made nopeing out a lot less of a frequent occurence. Kind of a good thing, kind of a good thing, kind of a bad thing.

1 Like

@reliikki

I feel your pain!

The YLOD killed TWO of my beloved old PS3s!

1 Like

Hey just a random question, by how much do you think the console version of this game has over the PC player base? At it’s peak, PC gets 340 players… least in the last 24 hours. Would you say it’s double that on console or more? Like… waaaay more?

1 Like

Post DLC release the PC player base hit around 600-700 for quite a while, but that seems to have died down a bit.

1 Like

Because most matches are poorly balanced where one side is drastically losing by getting stomped. And yet those matches can often drag out for another ten minutes.
I dislike being crushed, as well as crushing the opposing team. Why would I blame a person wanting to forfeit in a game in which they’re having a terrible time? It’s a game, not a competitive match.

1 Like

Some would say otherwise. It is just a game, however it was a game people waited 30+ minutes for. Or the Youtuber that I’m watching… 3 hours for.

Surrendering is like being on a first date and finding you have nothing in common so you decide to never call back.

Gameplay requires commitment, and very few will commit to the very end. It shouldn’t exist, but it does. If it didn’t, the player base will hurt. The catch 22 is a complicated one.