Was Gali's Damage Hit Too Hard?

So, this question goes out to all my fellow Gali Gals out there:

Do you agree that it feels as though her damage (between her IDTGA damage being reduced and her reduced Corruption growth rate) was hit a bit too hard?

I have noticed it mainly in her ability to take Thralls.

Before patch, after level 3, I used to be able to melt Thralls, single and double.

Now, it feels as though the amount of time it takes me to collect the BoneCrusher, let alone Doubles, is a liability to my team.

What do you guys think?

Also, is Gali classified as a Defender

Does she receive a permanent 15 percent defence bonus?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

She is a defender yes, and in my opinion she is fine, she trades in damage for sustainability and making a no go zone

And knowing you main her, hope she is still fun

2 Likes

Not as.

Sadly, nowhere near as.

I guess she’s more balanced now, maybe my playstyle still just needs further adjustment to her rebalance.

@cadecampbell

2 Likes

I’d recommend that now you can’t really just move up more and more by yourself, stand your ground in an important spot, but NEVER go further unless you have support, because now you need those extra people to make sure you are safe without desecrate. Basically your a walking no go zone with corruption ready, but without it, you are going to need to go backwards or else you will be taken advantage of, just stand your ground, and make sure you have allies when you advance

2 Likes

I like what they did to IDTGA, although it kinda doesn’t really seem like it needs the “on full health” stipulation for anything more than the reference. I feel like corruption is kind of an afterthought now. It takes so long to generate and it goes away so quick, and it does so little outside of her level 5 augments. I think that her base damage can be fine with how low it is if corruption was stronger.

5 Likes

You forgot the damage amp too! It was a bit much. She feels weak right now. Her tanking abilities put her below others like Montana, boulder and kelvin. Now she is behind on damage too.

2 Likes

So here’s a question relevant to balance:

Can she still reasonably solo the campaign?

1 Like

Anyone can reasonably solo the campaign, aside from melee characters on the first mission (and they made that easier anyways).

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m talking purely PVP myself, but please, also feel free to discuss her PVE viability as well!

@cadecampbell Great tips buddy thanks! You’re not on PS4, are you?

2 Likes

I haven’t tried but I imagine the enemies feeling spongier and having trouble on maps like heliophage or renegade where clearing waves quickly is important. With the reduced CD in solo she can spam shield throw with heralds return and that was one of the few damage sources that didn’t get nerfed.
The damage amp was the biggest hit to her damage in the latest nerf by far imo.

Nah, I’m on xbox my man, can’t wait for Crackdown 3 either AL’RIGHT

1 Like

Cool. I ask about the solo thing, because we DO have to consider that as a balance matter as well. Can’t go taking PvP in a vacuum. If a player picks up the game and decides that (s)he wants to go solo campaign, and that Galilea is the perfect character, then it needs to be feasible. If she were nerfed hard enough that it was not reasonably possible for a new player to fumble through Normal/Normal Algorithm with her, then we’d DEFINITELY have a balance problem with the nerf. I’ve done one or two missions with Gali; wasn’t easy to solo with a melee character, even with that one ranged attack available, but I got through it. (Melee toons are NOT my thing.) If that weren’t a reasonable expectation, though, that some potato like me could grind through campaign missions with a character, then it doesn’t matter how good that character may feel in any other mode of play.

SO. Gali’s still a viable, if not ideal, choice for solo PvE? Good. Not overboard on the nerf yet then.

Next. She’s listed as a territorial brawler. Most folks consider her a ‘tank’. Is that still the case post-nerf? CAN she tank?

I’ve never played her live in PvP, only PvE and bots (which isn’t PvP IMO). I sucked with her this evening in bots, but I can still see her being a beast in experienced hands. Part of a team, of course. Without good team understanding of the roles, she’s kind of hurting (as are most characters, but worse in the case of a melee fighter).

Others have made the case that she was previously able to perform outside her role as a ‘tank’, and that she’s in-bounds now. Thoughts on that?

1 Like

She’s still definitely a tank. Especially now that she can give herself a DR on Desecrate. The labels are fairly inaccurate, only two characters are actually listed as tanks and that ISIC and Boldur. ISIC’s viability as a tank is questionable at best as he serves the role of DPS much better.

5 Likes

I judge “tanks” based on the number of fully-charged railgun shots it takes to kill them. Galilea is a tank, second only to Boldur, using this system. Then again… Alani can technically be considered a tank too, if she keeps healing herself… Hmm…

Wut?

3 Likes

Does this system take skills into consideration?

2 Likes

^^ Totally agree. If corruption is going take longer to hit max, it should last longer and be a bit stronger so people can see gally fully corrupted and say to themselves “better stay away”.

Galilea’s melee damage should also go back to where it was pre nerf. It feels like you are hitting with a stick until you can activate your gear and reach lv 5. Besides that, I love how she is more territorial now and I think something has to be done with vortex because it’s pretty useless right now

5 Likes

She’s been one of my mains forever, Shayne, Ambra and Galiliea.
I don’t play PvP but in Bots the change is noticeable.
If I have her helix so corruption pulls and I am face to face with the ISIC bot, he can win now, but not before.

1 Like

I’m fine with her having no damage at base, but I’d like for corruption to be a significant damage component if that’s going to be the case. You have to finish quick or a drawn-out fight results in her getting much stronger. Like have full stacks be a 33% damage increase or something.

5 Likes

Yea, that would definitely work

1 Like

Her Pull is LEGITIMATELY pathetic now!

5 Likes