Was melee perfectly balanced? And were melee builds still viable with guns?

So i was thinking, did Gearbox nail melee in BL2? If you think they didn’t, please share your opinion and reasoning for it. Also I am not aa zero player, so it would be nice if someone told me if he is still viable with weapons in his melee builds.

[quote=“Krieg_Krazy, post:1, topic:579214”]did Gearbox nail melee in BL2?[/quote]I think so. I am basing this opinion on a play through of Normal mode though (where almost everyone’s melee is sufficient to lay down some decent damage, and Zer0 is still in a class by himself, no pun intended).

[quote=“Krieg_Krazy, post:1, topic:579214”] … it would be nice if someone told me if he is still viable with weapons in his melee builds.[/quote]I think he is, but I also think there is a weird gap in character level where he won’t quite be. Specifically, if you are at a point where all your available points can only just fill his melee skills, his guns won’t get any of that love. At higher levels, one has enough points to give sufficient allocations to both melee and weapons. Also, at some level, it depends on the weapon. A DPUH or Pimpernel can take down some big guys without too much help from skills (if your points were all tied up in melee buffs, for example).

As a Krieg player i can say that a normal leg. sickle is surprisingly good with most weapons, especial DPUHs and KerBlasters.