Was the freezing issue ever fixed?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Seems like it’d get the most attention. Anywho, last time I played TPS, it froze a lot on PS4. Specifically seemed to do with the Claptastic Voyage DLC. I was fine until I loaded it up. And then I started freezing randomly inside of it. Then I’d freeze on TVHM constantly at very specific parts. Most notably Tycho’s Ribs.

Did that ever get addressed?

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #2

Moved to PS4 tech support.

(Is this thing on?) #3

Mostly fixed. There was an update in 2016 specifically for the freezing issues:

It’s possible for the game to still freeze if either (1) you don’t have the most recent update installed, or (2) you have very heavy visual fx going off at the same time. Mostly, though, both the PS4 and XB1 versions are much less prone to map-specific freezing issues.

(Davin Dittrich - the one and only Narf) #4

Also there is still the possibility to get a freeze or crash if there are too many bodies on the ground, but you need to kill multiple hundreds of enemies at the same place what is basically impossible, except for two missions where you could farm exp. But you will notice the performance slowly dip into lower DPS-territory before the freeze and crash, so you could still do these farms. Its nothing big, but something I wanted to mention.

(Berserker) #5

Yep, it was crash city before that update. Haven’t had a single crash since (knocks on wood).