"Way of the Hunter" Borderlands art series by Klopotinsha

(The Villain) #21

■■■■■■■ love this Karina. Fav’d on Deviantart. Great job.

Beautiful.

That was EXACTLY what I had expected from the last part of Borderlands 2 story.

Well, I was wondering where I can just get a bunch of new guns to start the game from the beginning again…

And you should cooperate with John Shirley and Mikey Neumann.

(Backdraft Guru) #23

This is AMAZING! Cant wait to see your Pre-Sequel stuff :). Keep up the awesome work :).

(Alex) #24

Your artwork works is amazing, I love it!!

(Jan S.) #25

You know, GBX are hiring for BL3…maybe you could apply for some art there :slight_smile:

Continuing the discussion from Fan arts by Klopotinsha:

In the Angel’s sake, my friend, was the Pre-Sequel story so immemorial that she’d like to make artwork of it?

{Yeah, the view from space was great, picturesque. The continuous smut humor was great? And Mister Torgue’s and Tiny Tina’s role in the story was great too? Eternals, those gray statues who among other things were sirens, leveling goliaths and suicide psychos, were original and funny idea?

I ended up to thought the whole game was just a joke about what it represented.
Personally, I like more “black humor” (BL 1&2) than “obscene” and “sh*t-on-a-plate” humor (BL P-S).}

Anyway; when talking about beautiful stories: back to Pandora (without Handsome Jack)… I could imagine our Klopotinsha did this Wam Bam island masterpiece to end the BL 2 story otherwise than “shooting and looting”. In a warm way, not in an FPS way.

(yellow for cyan) #27

Hey! You just want to salt my wounds, or you really think that there is a chance for poor student from Russia? I heard that this is only about badass game devs… Of course, this is my dream job! But i’m not enough badass yet. It is a real suffer. I have so many ideas to offer, but I still have not enough skills and experience to perform them… sorry, i need to depart for a moment to cry into my pillow.

Here i am! Seems my crying didn’t happen, I just fell asleep… Okay, maybe I can afford it weekly : )

@ErikH, @Exotek, Well, I dunno what can I say here. In Borderlands storyline in addition to all i see a lot of allusions to Greek mythology. TPS personified the evil and ignorance that has fallen upon mankind after the opening of Pandora’s box. Of course, moral values do not allow me to enjoy this mockery, but it plays an important role for the whole setting, as well as BL2 - the story about hard consequences… It was important to go through this mess, to experience more feelings to all things so dear to the heart. What is left at the bottom of the box? The legend says there remains hope. Glad to see how Tales restores spiritual harmony in this world.

I have to draw a graphic novel about the things i consider important (the script is already written)

I also have a playable character concept for BL3 waiting for release. I do not know how long it takes, but i feel the sacred duty to do them so well that everyone could believe that they are alive and has the right to be a canon in history.
If I’ve mentioned it, I’ll finish it in any case. I promise you.

But the fact that i put such global goals that require a lot of labor and time, does not mean that I will not regularly appear here with new art stuff and whatnot.

For example i bring to your attention some of the details about Mordecai’s wild adventures mentioned in the [previous post]

Just thought what if to first-person shooter RPG add some RTS stuff

As Mordecai quit drinking, he can use a more detailed map and act effectively. The only question is with whom to leave Tiny Talon while papa fights for animal rights. Lilith badly affects on him, Brik is too clumsy… probably Tina better than anyone can handle it. Yeah! Mordecai can leave Talon with Tina only if Brick keep an eye on Tina and Lilith keep an eye on Brick :slight_smile:

You know the rules. Put on your headphones [use the ambience], get fun :Ъ

I noted on the map only the main line, side quests think up yourselves.

After making these arts I began to feel my favorite part of the game a bit differently again. Recently i played with random Lilith and Roland in BL1, they defeat the Rakk Hive and having fun jumping in his moving organs. I have done the same at my first time. It was so interesting and exciting.
But this time i was just stunned and could only stare at eyeless head of the ancient giant. such touching animation. so much pain in every movement… I felt so sorry.
it’s amazing when the game makes you to feel so weird and different on the same points.
Yeah, care so much, as a girl who has grown up on Lorne Lanning’s tales!

(Legendary Punzerker) #28

I would BEG YOU not to sell yourself short here, @Klopotshina. At the panel, Randy’s EXACT words were: “If you love Borderlands and feel like you could help make it better, I want to hear from you.” I think Randy needs to hear from you. You should email him: heyrandy@gearboxsoftware.com

Yes, they are giving priority, in certain ways, to game devs already in the industry, but I can tell you: having seen the concept art that goes on at GBX, I think you’d be great. Email Randy. Take it from me, you never know til you try.

EMAIL RANDY!!!

(Alex) #29

#EMAIL RANDY!!!

Please???

(Berserker) #30

Fantastic work.

That size of adventure on just a one mapsheet? And how bright ideas; I can’t stand to wait for more.

Yeah, there was e.g. that “Wanted: Dead!” mission in the Secret armory of Gen. Knoxx: “Survive Hera’s/Minerva’s/Ceresia’s/Helicon’s squad”. And personally I just swept those “Omega Assassins” off, forgetting them.
But in Borderlands games, you seldom know, “is this an important part of the story” or “are they making fun of me again”. I wondered, was this some Atlas’ naming policy and was it important?
First I didn’t like BL1 'cause it was so apathetic. But at least it was honest! Nowadays, when playing “e.g.” that Pre-Sequel! you see guys named “Napykins Lunestalker” and “Timber Logwood”, and you know straight away that those characters won’t play a big role in the Borderlands story. But there is always a place for those “Splinter Groups” (BL2) and “Gouda Ramsays” (Ravenous Wattle Gobbler).
That’s why you’re good future designer for Borderlands. You don’t try to turn everything into a joke. You’re style is more at home with those BL comics and even books, which means that… liquidation is the main thing but there is an appropriate dose of corny jokes. I love it.

And when thinking those Hyperius, Vermivorous, Dexiduous, Voracidous the Invincibles, you’re right, they really sound like monster creatures from Pandora’s box… Now I’m thinking the whole game in a different way.

(yellow for cyan) #32

@ErikH,Many thanks!(I hope you mean only Origins comics, because “Fail of Fyrestone” is offensive for me!)
About Greek stuff: well actually I did not want to draw your attention to the names and small details, I meant only the obvious allusion to myth of Pandora in global storyline of Borderlands… but I find your observations is also very interesting…

LOLWHAT?! WHYYYYY!!? I thought you’re my homie… modest and not annoying doesn’t mean apathetic!!
This brilliant work of art is much deeper than you can imagine! storylines in BL and BL2 are like weapons in BL and BL2. In the original game, I can use a second-hand handcrafted Jakobs soaked with sweat and blood of genius masters. In the sequel all guns 3d printed for hundred times. Yes, they are new, beautiful and shiny, but made of plastic… someones to figure it out had to go through fear and loathing in the sequel, then look back and so much realize for themselves… and so many ones do not understands anything at all…
But I was prepared to understand from the very beginning, I love the original BL from the first minutes as very same game that I began to dream about when I was just 7 years old… Well, the truth that’s what I dreamed in childhood was seemed more like BL alpha version 2008 for real hardcore aesthetic perverts, but in comic plating it came out even more original :Ъ
The entire series cool, but first game is MINE!

Oh… wow O_O seriously?

Great Scott!! What should i write to him ?? everything happens so fast! I planned to do an inception when my precious… The Quantum Breaker character class concept for BL3 will be finished… Now I’m in panic!!!
Well… actually i’m not. I ain’t panic since I have dislocated my arm in the elbow and saw it bends in the opposite direction :Щ
So i’ll write to Randy tonight(msk). But that should I write to him?
“Hey, Randy! I’m unknown fan girl from butt of the world, who wants to fight to death for restoration of spiritual harmony in Borderlands setting!” …?
…I have to seriously think about what exactly I should write. Somebody give me advice while I go crazy! : D

And as the tradition.

I have no rights to come to my own art thread without something!
so I took some photos of the sculpture that I made in terracotta few months ago.
Mordecai made of brick, lol :slight_smile:

it started when I made this 3d sketch just wanted to see the other sides of the last picture from Wam Bam series…

Next appeared this one, after which I decided to make the big thing

Work in progress - just bragging. Recently decided to sculpt another charming truxican wrestler! He tells gangsta tales to clay birds on my shelf while waiting when I finish him and cast in brass :3

So it goes : )

(Watcher on the wall) #33

Wow…I dont even have any other words.

("I PUNCH HIM!") #34

Randy is going to take one look at this, open his wallet and ask, “cash or credit”? Imma going to tweet big man randy to see if he notices!

(yellow for cyan) #35

Heyoooo!

I bring to your attention the first reflections about possible future design for my favorite characters.
Actually, I’m most passionate about inventing locations right now… but I drew this because my actions have no logic as always!

@Kitty_Jo, Would you kindly, Find a few words now. Please?
Any feedback is very important to make them better. let’s discuss every little detail!

Teen Tina - the same badass as Tiny Tina, but a bit older. She must wear Roland’s beret from BL1, and Mordecai could give her his old waistcoat (certainly not because he don’t mind, this thing just became a bit tight for him). Brick could find for her what some cool bandit bag for pyrotechnics, which I’ll draw next time. And Lilith gives nothing because she rips all her clothes all the time : D

As for my hombre Mordecai,
I’m still not entirely happy with what I got here, but some of the details seems interesting to develop,
I decided to continue the idea of a hairstyle that accidentally happened in Wam Bam series… it needs hell of a lot PhysX :Щ
Also we need a lot of PhysX on a rag on his shoulder that… !spoiler! … hides the lack of his right arm … WHAT? How could this happen ?! :'O

(maybe I overdone with the colors here…but maybe not… I want locations where it would be considered as camouflage! And don’t forget that he is colorblind)

variant with eridian artifact -

No time to explain!!!

(band) #36

Ok. You made me tear up, and for two reasons. Those sculptures hold so much emotion in them, they really do. Really.
And you’re underselling yourself. If you don’t want to do anything for BL3, then don’t, but if you possibly think you do then please don’t undercut what ability you have.

(Jan S.) #37

Don’t write him anything, just send him this :smiley:

It’s great that talent like you is with Borderlands.

Sorry I didn’t want to “waste” the space of this forum to my own opinions, but better to do so. I have to admit, I started my life with Borderlands accidentally from BL2… That’s why BL1 seemed to me quite lonely after playing BL2. And most of the few people (in BL1) were hiding their faces under goggles and scarves - they were almost “faceless”. When playing its add-ons, I cursed when there were no fast traveling stations, so e.g. in Secret Armory if I didn’t have time to complete some mission, I had to walk through the Atlas roadblocks again and again, and travel all the way to map’s end. Even though the game said “your progress has been saved”.
But when I first time completed BL2, I made a decision I don’t play any of its add-ons before I’ve “experienced” everything what had been before it. (-> BL1) Then story went finally to New Robot Revolution, which was even relaxing game, and it ended up cleanly to a place where everything had started.
Only annoyance of New Robot R. were recycled opponents (Steele-bot! Knoxx-robot! Ned-o-bot!). (Now I either wasn’t happy to see Little Destroyers in this Holodome Onslaught.)

I don’t have brains to create new ideas for Borderlands, but I hope the best for it, 'cos I just love Borderlands. For me, the story is always more important than just playing FPS. I recently completed BL1 with second playthrough, mainly to get enough levels to finally defeat Crawmerax the Invincible “in easier way” (I didn’t know he still got few levels higher than me). Of course it took work, time and pain, but I had to know if there would be any information I’d get after completing that mission. And in Wam Bam, first vault hunters told they had killed Crawmerax, so I couldn’t let it undone.

You know… I’ve been making a big crazy list about all of the BL characters (over 500 names). There The Pre-Sequel! is only one row between twenty other parts of the story. From three BL books, Mordecai, Bloodwing, Roland and Brick, and BL1 world, have become more and more familiar to me.

Have to remember that Handsome Jack is as good as Borderlands - but Borderlands cannot be built around Handsome Jack.

Perhaps I understand what you mean with that new Fyrestone comic. Okay, I had expected they would finally tell how Pre-Sequel’s crew ruined New Haven and Fyrestone, but maybe it would’ve been too brutal. But yeah, there was something weird in this whole comic.

EDIT:

Names were just an example; maybe not so many times in BL1, but 2 & Pre-S. had even whole missions based on some comics or fairy tales. Like, would this Greek stuff be a joke again? (It wasn’t.) Never know when you have to think ironically.

But now I shut up, 'cos the show is yours.

(Danger! Excitement! Mustaches! ) #39

Awesome work! I could definitely see you going far if the path that you take in life is art. I was looking at the scene with them all around the campfire (my favourite) and for a second I was like, “where’s Roland?” ;(

(The 90 minute m e m e) #40

Always loved your art, glad to see here! c: