Way to break incursion mode with the new patch

Are you ■■■■■■■ kidding me?
Edit: I tested the game in a private incursion match with one friend and allowed the first minion wave to push through. Shields went down faster than the stinger turret could fire off a third (I’m being generous) round. First wave unhindered brought the sentry life to 89. First wave after two minutes brought my friend’s unharmed sentry to 76. Test it out for yourselves.

The sentries die in a flash. I don’t know if it’s a bug, but I watched a sentry’so shield disappear in 1/3 chunks being hit by only regular minions in the first 4 minutes of a match. In my last game, my team damaged a Sentry to get 97% on a weak, first push within 2 minutes of the game.
They buff minions every two minutes, which doesnt sound bad at first. But they disnt initially buff the Sentry. So the game that was supposed to feel like it has phases and a variety of game play has become “create a bulky team and sustain long enough for your minions to win the game for you”. Which can mean the first sentry dies within the first two minutes of the match.
They literally took the skill out of the game by allowing minions to ignore battleborn while shredding the sentry.
Also, they removed the player levels so you have no idea if your ally or enemy is level 2. And they have no idea if you’re level 100. So you can’t even go into a game with reasonable expectations about the performance of other players.

That’s not really constructive criticism…
Care to elaborate? I didn’t get around to play Incursion since the patch but I’ve heard many complaints so far.

1 Like

Yeah, i’d kind of like to hear WHY you think it’s broken, so i can say whether they are “kidding you” or not. Right now, i’d say no.

The sentries die in a flash. They buff minions every two minutes, so the game that was supposed to feel like it has phases and a variety of game play has become “create a bulky team and sustain long enough for your minions to win the game for you”. Which can mean the first sentry dies within the first two minutes of the match.
They literally took the skill out of the game by allowing minions to ignore battleborn while shredding the sentry.
Also, they removed the player levels so you have no idea if your ally or enemy is level 2. And they have no idea if you’re level 100. So you can’t even go into a game with reasonable expectations about the performance of other players.

1 Like

Thank you! I actually sort of agree on the minion buff, though i also think the mode is still playable. As to hiding CR, I firmly believe that was a good decision, as CR is not a good indicator of PVP skill. I’ve see easily over a hundred CR100’s that clearly got to that rank by grinding the story; the only thing that really matters is that one can still see pre-mades, because if you go up against a team of 5 pre-mades, or pizza when you’re supposed to french fry, you’re gonna have a bad time.

3 Likes

I completely agree about CR not meaning anything for high levels. But when I’m on a team of 100s vs a team of people barely breaking level 10, I don’t want the team of tens having an awful, drawn out experience. So I either try to vote for a capture mode (quick, based on individual effort vs team) or try to recoll the matchmaking dice.

1 Like

Well, from what i read, you can still see a player’s CR by clicking on thier name; though seeing as how roughly 50% of lobbies seem to go to the map vote before one has time to do so, i can also see your point.

1 Like

People who think CR isn’t an indicator of skill are wrong.

Very wrong.

Terrible or even sub par level 100s are NOT that common.

I have almost 600 hours of essentially pure PVP.

Trust me.

3 Likes

Being level 100 alone attests to experience. I actually wished they would have raised max Rank. Although I guess the problem with that is would everybody who is 100 now have to rank up 101,102 etc, or would people are huge jumps in rank according to stats. Personally I think a guy like me, exceptionally average that is, should have my rank be 400, 500 with the true hardcore people being 700+

1 Like

Maybe back when the playerbase was large, and the CR100’s were clearly players that ate, drank and BREATHED Battleborn; but now that the playerbase consists monstly of players who enjoy and still play it, it seems like i see AT LEAST two CR100’s for every lower CR player. You also have to account for CR100 players using characters that they’re not exceptional with, which is one of the few things they can do that’s “fresh”. To be honest, i think that the rank you are WITH A SPECIFIC CHARACTER should be what’s shown, because then you know if that player is familiar with them.

2 Likes

I disagree. Just because you’re new with a character doesn’t mean you’re “new” in the sense of not knowing what to do. I think you can equate it to math in a way. Once you know how to add, it’s super easy to now subtract. In my humble opinion though

You can gain a little bit of knowledge about that if you look at their skins. If they play with the basic skin, you can clearly say that he is playing that character for the first time, because I can guarantee that if a player has played a character at least a few times, they never go with the basic skin. (If they go for a skin that’s from the loot packs, it’s a bit harder to guess).

Depends on character, if you pick up a Rath or Orendi - yeah, it doesn’t really matter, but if you pick Reyna or Kleese, or Galilea, or Boldur, or other more complex characters - it will show very clearly that the player doesn’t know how to play it. And they will be no better than the CR lvl 5-10.

The difference of a general knowledge is just that you will know the maps, mode rules and so on, but a character you play with is what makes or breaks the game.

If by that you mean that since a CR100 knows how the game works, while a new player doesn’t, then i’m sorry to say that there is absolutely NO WAY for said new player to learn Battleborn in public PVP with its current playerbase; unless they add a lower CR lobby, which would be fantastic idea, in my opinion. There is simply too high a concentration of loyal, veteran players otherwise.

Haha, i mostly use both Toby’s default skin and taunt (occasionally his buyable “hang time” taunt), even though i spent platinum on the other ones; and i’ve seen plenty of others do the same. Though i DO agree that skins and taunts are USUALLY a good indicator of character familiarity.

1 Like

+1 Incursion matches are way too short, I just had 1 that lasted 6:46 mins

Why do these short match times ruin Incursion?
-There are barely any people who play this game so ur stuck in ques longer w/ shorter match times

• The late game characters can’t hold off until late game because minons just shred through the sentry before they can
  • Ruined legendaries as there isn’t enough time in the match to get legendaries which is the mode that used to be most useful for all those legendaries you farmed!

I think the damage of minions should be decreased or the shield hp should be increased

I’m loving the changes. Feels way more dense

2 Likes

A good player knows every character and what they can do. If you play Rath and think “Hey that Montana is easy pickings,” you don’t know Rath and you don’t know Montana. But if you’re rank 15 with Montana and pick up Rath for the 1st time you should already now what you can and cannot do.

2 Likes

??? Interesting logic…

I’m a Whiskey-main who prefers the basic skin…

7 Likes

It’s an indicator of knowledge. Skill? No. You don’t learn skill. You have it. And while practice makes perfect, anyone who’s good enough at the game could be good with every character, and a level 100 could be bad with everyone but Kelvin

2 Likes

I don’t see how “knowing” what i can and cannot do has ANYTHING to do with rank. I know how to counter the entire cast, but i’ve only ever touched 1/4 of the roster. How did i learn to counter them then? From reading the posts of people who HAVE played them on the forums, and all this before i hit CR50. However, that doesn’t mean i can take a character i’ve never used, and wreck with them; because actually experiencing something almost always grants more knowledge than reading about it. Ergo, if i take Montana, who i KNOW not to overextend with, i’m still going to get my ass handed to me with him.

1 Like