We get it, but chill on the “representation” in video games

Good grief. That must account for all of the hidden post text I see. At least they allow us to “see” it if we click on it. Do they think we can’t process thoughts on our own? I wish they’d just stop already.

1 Like

Those are “spoiler tags”. Just click on the blurred text and it becomes fully visible.

I tagged some stuff as spoiler, just so i don’t ruin anything for anyone. You can click to see the text, but I would only do that if you don’t want any (albeit minor) plot spoiled or have already finished the game once. It is different from stuff that is flagged as being innappropriate for whatever reason, where the entire post isn’t shown but you can click to see what they said

1 Like

Oh good, somebody on here said it was Gearbox censoring text. I’m glad it’s not. Thanks for the clarification and I’ll hold off looking until I finish my first run through, hahahaha!

They blurred it themselves because it’s spoiler text like this.

[spoiler]like this[/spoiler]

Just click on the blurred text.

You’ll find lots of information about how the forum platform works here: NEW FORUM BASICS.

1 Like

There are threads devoted to bugs in the game, of which I’ve seen none personally, BTW. This is off topic. Use the search function and commiserate where it’s not off topic. And the spurious accusations of impropriety on the part of Gearbox are not helping things. Check your facts before tossing accusations around. Please.

Preemptive apologies for the backseat moderation.

Ugatz

Ugatz

1m

The answer is because people keep buying unfinished games/products. BL3 is FAR FAR FAR from the worst example of this and I’m sure they’re going to be fixing whatever issue you’ve had so far.

What else are you buying that isn’t a video game that “has to be fixed or in better terms broken?” Which doesn’t make sense grammatically, but we get your point. If you’re buying pairs of pants with only one leg that’s on you. If you’re buying ANYTHING without doing research on it before hand that’s just an ignorant consumer make stupid decisions.

“I bought a visor but I paid for a hat, where’s the top half of this product?!”

They were already sued for alien colonial marines. They took my money. Google it

I was referring to the censoring comment. And I’m not saying your complaint isn’t valid, just that it’s sideways of this topic. If you’d like to vent about that and find others to commiserate with you could create a new topic rather than derailing this one.

We all got burned on Colonial Marines. They flat out misrepresented the product they were selling.

They didn’t do that with borderlands 3. I got the game I paid for, so did you. It has bugs that everyone, for the most part, see as reasonable for the release of a major game.

YOU are freaking out over nothing.

Thanks VaultHunter101.

And the outcome of that lawsuit was?

Which is ALSO completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

2 Likes

Okay, let’s steer this thread back on topic, which was, as far as I can tell, fragile masculinity. And not bugs.

Continue.

9 Likes

Because hair is a pain in the butt to model and texture. Moze is the only main female character I can think of with a short haircut and that is mostly due to her being a G .I. Jane type character.

Anyway, yeah, it’s mostly the modeling and texturing difficulty that prohibits long, unique hair on most secondary and generic models.

1 Like

Ohhh boy, I generally prefer to steer clear of posting in these threads, but I have to pop in and say that the hypocrisy here is astounding. In all of the threads about FL4K’s gender neutrality, everyone brought up the fact that it is extremely important that non-binary people have representation and that if a person cannot understand that, that means they are narrow minded and all other sorts of stuff. Now a guy comes in and would like some representation of his own and he is ridiculed for needing to relate to a character. :thinking:

I’d say I am shocked, but…

1 Like

Except that representation already exists in the game, and did in the previous games too.

2 Likes

Can we all agree that going back and forth on a ‘Video game’ is pretty wack?

Just play something else, watch a movie, eat out. Don’t spend your time on a thread/topic that’s bothering you. Ya’ll stay safe.

1 Like

That isn’t the point. The point is that people here are giving him crap not because the representation already exists, but just because he needs it in the first place. Look through the topic and see how many posters roll their eyes at him caring about his representation.

1 Like

Wow. Just wow.

There’s plenty of normal representation in the game.

Well, if you’re consistent on both sides, then by all means carry on.