On Monday, November 11th at 11am ET, update 1.9 of We Happy Few went live.
We Happy Few 1.9 Release Notes
This patch addresses general gameplay issues, and a few bugs that were happening in some encounters.
• When crafting with weapons as reagents, they no longer appear as fractions. Partial items can now be used to craft.
• Fixed the bug that caused systemic NPC conversations and POI interactions to not trigger properly, not play audio or loop repeatedly.
• NPCs no longer instantly stand-up and clip through their beds when startled by noise.
• Female Wellies/Wastrels and Criers no longer lack lip sync when talking to them.
• Dead NPCs don’t spawn alive anymore after loading into area.
• Encounter-specific Bobbies no longer create a temporary loss of functionality when bribed.
• Epilogue Cutscene: Performance issues no longer cause the final cutscene to hang and the audio to not be synchronized with the visuals.
• Fixed the bug that caused fast travelling to the Shelter in the “Secondary St. George’s Holm Hatch” to prevent the creation of a “Last Shelter Visited” save file.
• Fire and smoke no longer clip through the wall on the second floor of the House of Doctors.
• Hopscotch POI can no longer spawn under multiple assets on the sidewalks, fixing the bug where Wellies can clip through them as they hop across them.
• Intro loading captions at the start of each character’s story no longer appear only in English.
• DLC Specific: Custom difficulty no longer includes survival needs difficulty which is not present in the DLCs.
• Missing SFX when navigating and selecting slots in the Load Game Menu are now in the game.
• Placeholder textures for the Frying Pan, the Rolling Pin, Mother’s Little Helper and The Double Plus Wood are no longer showing when they break.
• Collision issues (sticky/stuck spots) are no longer present around the small fences along the 2 sides of the Thomasina House.
• The Histoplasma hallucination music now plays without the Lightbearer DLC installed.
• TNT no longer goes through floor when dropped.
• HUD will no longer take between 5-30 seconds to update after a change in Status Effects or Health when a PC/console is starved of resources.
• Uncle Jack (Wakey Wakey) collectible videos are no longer unlocked even when the radios are turned off.
• Fixed the bug where video in pre-rendered cinematics could be delayed but not their audio, making them out of sync.
• White Tree Park: NPCs no longer sit on top of each other on the benches.
• Infinite loading when entering Act 2 after completing Arthur’s playthrough is no longer happening…
• All modes: NPCs no longer clutter in areas such as Cozy Tea Park.
• All modes: Player does not see footprints of most NPCs while sneaking
• All modes: Some NPC Wellies don’t sit properly on the benches (clipping, floating and misaligned).
• All modes: Honey can now be harvested from all Honey Bee Nests.
• All modes: Encampment terrain now fits the terrain around it.
• All modes: Last Shelter Visited is now saved in Village Hatches.
• All modes: All Fast Travel Hatches now have their proper name.
• Freeform: The street park is no longer floating a little above the ground.
• Freeform: The ‘Reset Skills’ cheat is now functional.
• Freeform: Old Fountain Park level no longer floats above the island
• Freeform: Terrain is no longer floating in the Garden District.
• Survival: Fixed stuck spots.
• Survival: Performing a Save/Load inside the hidden room of Abbott Estate no longer causes the player to load back into a swarm of bees.
• Survival: When 2 NPCs try to interact with the same object, one NPC no longer circles around the one that interacting with the object.
• Survival: A Custom Waypoint is no longer present during the loading screen when starting a game in Survival Mode.
• Survival: Water beside the bomb no longer cuts off abruptly.
• Wellie: Items that cure certain status no longer have the bad ailments written twice under the item’s description.
• Wellie: No longer possible to have a negative number for the “Money Earned” at the end screen.
• Wellie: A ‘You Are Bleeding’ message no longer appears on the intro screen.
• Wellie: The string “Weapon Of Choice” at the Death screen no longer appears only in English.
• Wellie: Infection no longer persists into the next round (now behaves like other status ailments).
• Wellie: Money Earned stat is now accurate on the end game screen.
• Wellie: The “Recent” sorting option now also apply to Wellie mode.
• Arthur: No longer possible to get trapped inside the Mystery House grounds as the gate will only open when the histoplasma mushroom status effect is active.
• Arthur: Office Workers in “Start Spreading the News” are no longer upstairs attempting to sit on the same couch.
• Arthur: After Nick’s bathroom electrocution cutscene, there is no longer a random assortment of items floating where player was standing.
• Arthur: In the Faraday Cage, James no longer falls through the floor when startled.
• Arthur: In the Still of the Night, Andy Alim will no longer teleport to or fall through the outhouse floor when getting up to attack Arthur.
• Arthur: In A Malpractice of Doctors, performing a save/load inside any building separated by a loading (DSIR, Haworth Labs), and then progressing continuously to the Coconut Joy cutscene, without doing any other save/load no longer causes a blocker.
• Ollie: Performing a Save/Load during the Jericho mission, at the Check out the Alarm objective, no longer causes Ollie and Margaret VO to stutter and repeat itself.
• Ollie: The Uncle Jack video that plays in the lobby of the tower’s subtitles no longer gets cut off in Japanese.
• Sally: Small animation corruption after lowering the boat on the water is fixed.
• Sally: Stuck spot between debris on the second floor to the left of the bed.
• Game no longer becomes unresponsive when minimizing and re-opening the game multiple times during loading while on Fullscreen and without the pause in background option.
• Game no longer becomes unresponsive when minimizing during the booting screen while on Fullscreen.
• Suspending the title for an hour or longer will no longer kick the user back to the main menu with no in-game functionality on the gamepad.
Also, did you see the announce trailer for “We All Fall Down”?