Weapons and turrets

There are some things I haven’t been able to figure out in this game that seem to be important. I have a few questions if someone has answers I’d appreciate it.

I watched some videos on youtube and noticed that in some of them the player has multiple turrets and the turrets have shields. How do you get multiple turrets and turret shields?

Another question: If you pick up a level 45 weapon will it be a better weapon than a level 40 weapon with better stats? For example will a lvl45 pistol with 4400 kill points per shot be more effective than a lvl40 pistol with 6000 kill points per shot? I ask this because I’ve been selling a lot of higher level weapons because you can get a lot more money for them and the lower level weapons have better fire rates and kill points.

Another question: If you have an Amp shield does it give amp damage to all shots taken as long as it is fully charged? On the shields it says only the next shot taken has amplified damage after the shield is fully charged. Not all shots taken as long as it is fully charged.

Thanks for your help.

work through the skill tree applying skill points as they become available and you are playing as Axton, the Last skill tree cap is what gives 2 turrets, the first tree cap gives double barrels.
At level 45 to have 2 turrets your skill tree should look something like this,
http://bl2skills.com/commando.html#55000000004000000000050055105131

That is the way I do it, except if said Gun/Grenade does elemental damage, then that needs to be considered also.

find more info and help here,
https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/c/borderlands-2/axton-the-commando

1 Like

To add on to @LunaticOne:

• The relevant skills are Phalanx and Gemini, both in Axton’s Survival (right-hand) tree
  • You need to consider fire rate and reload time as well as damage per shot. Here’s the TPS version of the full damage formula (there’s a link to the BL2 version in there)
  • Most amp shields provide amp damage at the cost of shield drain so yes, only the first shot will have amp damage unless you give the shield time to recharge between shots. The exception is the Bee shield, which has zero drain and so amps every shot (including unlisted pellets) - that’s why everybody wants one.

Fun fact: if you have a Bee shield equipped, it will apply amp damage to your Runner guns.

1 Like

QUESTION: Will it also apply to the small gun on rocket runners and technicals? I THOUGHT it did, but I’m not sure. To be clear, I’m asking about the secondary fire (right mouse button), not the primary (left mouse button).

That is something I wasn’t sure of myself. I won’t be able to test it for a couple of days, so if anyone else knows or wants to give it a whirl…

1 Like

Level is irrelevant. Better stats are better stats in most cases. But keep in mind that the characters have skills that can dramatically change the damage output on a gun. Some guns also have splash damage or grenade damage. I’ll leave it to the Techies to explain all of that, but this can make a gun with worse stats suddenly become better. There’s also elemental and explosive bonuses. And then there are the unique guns… They usually have some sort of gimmick, which makes them behave in a certain way. Some of these are basically weapons of mass destruction, and some of them… Some of them are just not that good. These guns can often have a base damage that will strike you as low, but when used correctly, they kick ass.

Things aren’t always what they seem in the Borderlands.[quote=“TheRAbbi, post:4, topic:1551956”]
QUESTION: Will it also apply to the small gun on rocket runners and technicals?
[/quote]

Yes! Amp damage also applies to the small gun on both Runners and Technicals. Also… The roid damage you get from roid shields, will also apply on the Sawblade technical. Most roid shields will, ofc, recharge by the time you get into the car, so it’s irrelevant, except for the Love Thumper. With it’s very long delay, you get full roid bonus on the sawblades. Only problem is that you also get the explosions, which in turn destroys your car. Just some FYI :smiley:

6 Likes

I won’t ask how you know that! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Trial and error, my friend! Trial and error! :smile:

1 Like

[quote=“Ronnie_Rayburn, post:6, topic:1551956”]The roid damage you get from roid shields, will also apply on the Sawblade technical.[/quote]Oh wow, I never knew that.

[quote=“Ronnie_Rayburn, post:6, topic:1551956”]Only problem is that you also get the explosions, which in turn destroys your car. Just some FYI [/quote]Ha ha! What about Captain Blade’s Manly Man shield? Does that give the saw blades explosive damage? I’d guess not, but I’ll give it a spin here in a sec.

Tks for your help. It explains a lot.

Also team mates in nova range of the car. I’ve never been able to down a whole squad before I accidentally discovered this. Everyone was so pleased with me.

2 Likes

[quote=“cioran, post:11, topic:1551956”]I’ve never been able to down a whole squad before I accidentally discovered this.[/quote]I must do this. :laughing: How did they figure it out? If it happened to me, there’s no way I would know that it was because the driver sitting on an active Love Thumper… I’d figure the car just got blown up.

Captain Blade’s Manly Man shield does add explosive damage to the saw blades, but it’s super weak.

The roid bonus sound rang out and the nova was apparently visible.
I did my best Brick impression and asked: “I dunno why y’all are looking at me…?”

4 Likes

That’s a great Borderlands story! If it’s April 1st, and you find me in co op running my Bandit allegiance character, you’ve been warned. :laughing:

Noted :acmwink:

Pretty much everything melee will affect the sawblades.
For instance if you equip the Law and Order combo, you’ll see that effect triggering too.

…so what you’re saying is, “Let Krieg drive”?

3 Likes

Pretty much… :slight_smile: My characters who normally wear a Bee (Maya, sometimes Axton) will usually drive a machine gun runner, but my Krieg always drives a sawblade technical. The blades do insane damage with him behind the wheel. One blade will take about 3/4 of a bandit technical’s health off (this is with Krieg’s Mania tree (including 10/5 StV) and Legendary Sickle melee buffs; he wears a Rough Rider so no roid shield damage is included.)

I’ve never heard that any of the skills affect the damage output on cars. Have you compared without these skills? It used to be a lot harder to kill things with the cars, but they seem to have changed that at some point. Are you sure it’s because of specing in StV?