Weird noises in Sanctuary at the Crimson Raider HQ

Okay, so i was walking around sanctuary today and as i was on the bottom floor of the Crimson Raider HQ i heard a weird noise, i stopped and waited and heard a similar one, they come in every few seconds at around 10 second intervals. upon further investigation i found that it is originating from Tanis’ work table near the entrance of the bottom floor. The noises sound like radio signals with someone talking, but it’s a garbled mess. Maybe it’s some sort of Easter egg if it could be deciphered.

1 Like

It’s the one you hear when you’re standing right in the corner beside the welding machine, right?

It’s actually been commented on since the game came out, although no one seems to have found anything. The BL3 easter eggs in the Battleborn story ops were actually heavily disguised morse code messages, but they sounded quite different. (There’s a whole thread about that here if you haven’t seen it before.) They do sound like there’s a message encoded in them, though, whereas this sounds more like just an audio effect. It actually reminds me a bit of the “encrypted echoes” during the “Why are they here” missions in Borderlands 1.

1 Like

I agree, because of the Battleborn easteregg is why I’m interested in this so much. I’ve also figured out it’s on all versions of the game including the handsome collection. I’d like to see if someone would record the audio clips and possibly slow them down or maybe see if they’re like the morse code like Battleborn. The main reason i made this thread was because i found no videos or topics on it.

1 Like

There’s an old (2012) Reddit thread came up in Google when I checked. I didn’t have time to look through it and see what they tried though. It would be super weird if it was an easter egg that had simply remained unsolved all these years, but it would also be awesome!

1 Like