Weird problem with 10fps

Hey all, need a hand with this.

Sometimes the game works for me, sometimes it doesn’t. Here’s the problem. Sometimes I boot up the game and it runs at about 8fps-10fps. I disable everything in the background, I set priority to high for the game, I’ve tried several things to optimize it. I’m playing it on low to very low settings, nothing can boost the frames.

But SOMETIMES, the game lulls me into a false sense of security by running properly from low to medium quality at 60fps, which is in general all I’m shooting for until DX12 is fixed. Anyone else encounter a problem where sometimes it runs and sometimes it doesn’t, and have you fixed the problem to make it consistently playable?

Any help is great, I’d rather not roll the dice to see if my game works.

Without any information on your PC specs, it’s impossible for anyone to help you in any way shape or form.

Radeon Software Version - 19.9.2
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin 2019
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
CPU Type - Intel® Core™ i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz

no Video card ?:stuck_out_tongue:

Whoops,

AMD Radeon RX 480

Not crazy but it should work. And has. Just not always for some reason.

2 things. Very low amount of RAM and VRAM in your system. For your reference. Last night I’ve check and the game was taking close to 8GB RAM in memory in my system. I am wondering if this is the reason why you are getting so very little frame rate.

Totally reasonable, and I can handle not playing the game on highest settings, but I can’t resolve why sometimes it’ll play around 60fps and then other times I can’t crack 8-10fps. It seems like there may be something running concurrently or interfering with it, can’t figure out what it is though. I was curious if anyone had a similar issue and had resolved it.

Start with just your OS running. Pull up task manager before and after launching the game and compare?

A few advice for you :
Set resolution scales to 75%
In windows power management : Set your PC to High performance
Make sure your video card is set to Max performance.
Disable Windows Game Mode and Xbox bar

You didn’t mention which power supply you have on your PC. With what you have a minimal of
500W is recommended