Welcome to the Gearbox Software Forums!

Hey everyone!

Well, today’s the day! Welcome to the NEW Gearbox Software Forums! Many of us here at GBX, our Mods, and even members of our community have been working very hard to make sure that these new forums are a great place for us to hang out! It’s a work in progress, but we have lots of awesome ideas that we know you’ll love. We’ll share more about those when the time is right.

For now though, there are a couple links below that will help get everyone started. The first is the new forum rules. Please make sure you read them, even if you’re an old-timer. Some things have been tweaked and changed to apply to our new home. While things will be constantly evolving, we definitely welcome and urge you to offer us your feedback. There’s always room for more new ideas! If you have any questions or feedback, don’t hesitate to post it here or contact me or any of our Mods via PM.

Thanks to all of you for making the journey over from the old forums. We hope you like it here as much as we do! I know you will! Without any further ado, valuable linkage for your eye-holes:

• The new forum rules… Read them over again (because they’ve changed some) and let us know if there’s anything that’s unclear or anything that should be added, etc.

• New User FAQ thread. Read it over and as you learn your way around, let us know if there’s something you feel should be added.

• The Old Forums… For all you reference/nostalgia needs.

17 Likes

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

2 Likes

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

1 Like

Man I love the look of these new forums.
But I have no clue how they work. I’m not that good at the learnings. not many thinks going on in my head brains.
I guess I’m just going to have to keep fooling around to figure them out.

3 Likes

So wait is there no longer Signatures or have I just not figured out how to do it?

1 Like

Youll learn just by hanging around. And welcome! :smiley:

No, there are no sigs here unfortunately. But your profile and user card are good substitutes once you fiddle around with those.

1 Like

Yeah what is that user card thing? I was trying to figure it out but When I uploaded a picture I couldn’t find what it did or where it was.

1 Like

Click on your, my, or someone elses user name in a thread. A “card” will pop up with the image you uploaded as a background displaying whatever text may be on your profile.
Basically, its a preview of your information.

3 Likes

Looks good so far. I will miss the old forums but new can be better sometimes.

The list of emojis is ridiculous!!

3 Likes

Looks like it’s almost entirely some sort of ajax app.
At the very least, it’s vaguely readable with javascript disabled, instead of whitescreen or a “turn on your JS” screen.

1 Like

A lot of it is probably just CSS. I don’t know how much you’ll lose with JS disabled, not that that’s generally a sensible thing to do anyhow. Plenty of legitimate sites use JS intelligently.

1 Like

It also has sounds!

Listen…
/play secret

Edit: …and it doesn’t work…
Here, have this instead: :notes:

1 Like

Looks different. I don’t like change! No but seriously it will take some time for me to get used to it but I think I’ll like it. especially with the new functions. The one that let’s you read the answers to a post is cool.

2 Likes

I’m still pretty unclear on how we’re supposed to migrate our old threads to here. I haven’t seen any yet, but maybe I just haven’t been to the right places.

1 Like

Some people have been copying over the threads, but there are some problems, including:

-No font colours.
-Limited number of images and videos allowed in posts.

There are others, so check out this thread:

EDIT: Where the hell is my “first link” badge, dagnabbit? :confounded:

3 Likes

And plenty of “legitimate” sites have no less than twenty domains all running scripts at the same time, with scripts loading scripts loading scripts.

This forum just needs scripts allowed for *.gearbox.com and that’s it. This is the exception, not the rule. Even the old forum needed a 3rd-party domain to function right.

1 Like

This is definitely on my “mini-map” as they say. Thanks, Axl!

1 Like