What about an endless mode?

I am not a game designer, but I can’t help but feel an “endless mode” would fit in really well, give the game longevity, and play to the title’s strengths.

3 Likes

This has been suggested before on the forums. I mean honestly, who doesn’t love a good Hoard Mode?

5 Likes

Sorry, searched for it in thread titles and found nothing.

I think that, more importantly, it would permit a max of 5 players to co-op (mitigating some frustrations with currently low player count across platforms), it could be done with existing assets, and offer daily/weekly/regular rewards that could maintain or support the playerbase further.

No need to apologize. I’m just letting you know that you’re not alone and many other share this desire. This game just screams for a Horde Mode.

1 Like

Me…I absolutely hate hoard modes ugh, so much yawwwwwwwwwn.

In all seriousness though I have no problem with it. I get that some people love that kind of stuff so its w/e. Throw it into the game anyway!

Considering the end campaign pretty much says. Yep we won the battle. We still got a war. I’m down.

Like endless shrimp at Red Lobster? Hell yeah, i could get down on that with Kelvin. All the thralls you can eat!

1 Like

This needs a banner for endless mode…

I was just recently thinking about how sweet it’d be to have something like this. It fits the theme and everything, and gives the devs an excuse to throw the most OP shenanigans at us.

Realistically, the main issue I see with this is length of matches. When I sit down to, I’m feeling good knowing that the longest I’ll be in game is ~25 minutes, unless something goes terribly, terribly wrong. Not a feature of endless mode, sadly.

True but that’s IRL competing with gameing time.

If they had a truly endless mode, they would have to put some kind of limit or diminishing returns on Kelvin’s hp. You can already get over 10k and survive the crushers pretty easily. If he was just continually fed, he’d start making bosses look small.

[quote=“pitaniellom, post:9, topic:1539512, full:true”]Realistically, the main issue I see with this is length of matches. When I sit down to, I’m feeling good knowing that the longest I’ll be in game is ~25 minutes, unless something goes terribly, terribly wrong. Not a feature of endless mode, sadly.
[/quote]

I can’t imagine an endless mode taking longer than Heliophage advanced does (about twice as long as a normal game) especially if they make the fights scale up as things continue on so that it’s almost impossible to kill everything after 45 minutes so you’re just trying to survive as long as possible before you’re inevitably wiped out.

Sounds like a good idea, but ultimately the issue arises from splintering a player base which is already kind of thin… Also what would the point be… getting more xp and coins… after a while xp and coins mean nothing… loot how would that work… Longer you last better the loot?

1 Like

Have a leaderboard for teams that have made it the furthest?

I’m not currently playing the game (PvP just frustrates me), but I would totally play again if they added co-op horde mode.

2 Likes

leader-boards in 99.9% of games are hacked, the top score is always some bogus pokemon name with some stat so high it’s clearly unobtainable by playing the game legit…

1 Like

The point is fun I thought…

Oh, that was just a joke about Kevin’s Wendigo-ish appetite and appearance; i have little idea of how he plays.

He has an ability called Chomp (which, at level 2, can be augmented by a certain helix…) that deals 147 + 15% of the target’s max hp (max 500 total; the helix increases this damage by 3% of his current hp) or instantly kills it, if it hits a minion. When Kelvin kills a target with Chomp, his max hp increases with no known upper limit. The default cooldown of Chomp is 6 seconds but with a helix option and some CD gear, you can get it down to 3-4 seconds.

In an endless mode, Kelvin would be free to continue eating forever, getting higher max hp and dealing ever more damage with Chomp.

If Kelvin ever gets to freely eat enemies, he eventually becomes nigh unkillable. In PvP, it can get pretty ludicrous (there are people who have accused Kelvin players of hacking because they hit him and his hp either barely, or doesn’t, move when the real reason is that they ignored him and let him eat enemies for so long that he’s got an absolutely insane amount of hp).

1 Like

Nigh unkillable? Eating people?! HEART OF ICE?! Yep; he’s partly designed off a wendigo. I should give him another go, as i have an affinity for wendigos.