What about "true mayhem"?

Another reality (difficulty mode)
Based on mayhem 11 moving forward
10 levels like mayhem but only enemies are scaling, no modifiers! and rewards are increasing as usual
All stats will stay vanilla and killing stuff on mayhem 10 will give what ever, honor!

3 Likes

I think they just don’t have their own stance for the game atm, they are trying to do a middle ground but people who want balanced and a good difficulty are limiting themselves with using items and skills while people who want everything to be OP keep asking for more OP and remove difficulty modifiers.
Regarding the “closest combo” that’s what I do. And I think they are not letting us reroll each modifier to what we want because they still want it to be random and for us to find new gameplay, like as an example how people found out about mayhem modifiers working with Faulty Star shield. At first people were using it from distance and tried to proc it via getting hit, but soon figured that it didn’t work well… and eventually someone tried it with these modifiers on (Probably because they were already running with them) and it worked like a charm.

People keep saying here that GBX can’t do both camps (Balanced / OP) but I’d say the right way is balanced, and OP camp should just figure out on their own because that’s how logic works, it’s not like we don’t already have cheaters around public lobbies and GBX doesn’t do anything about it.
A game that already allows you to one shot everything with a simple mix of items and skills…

Some people also seem to have a mentality of “If you’re not going to fix this, then make everything else just as broken” (I could quote people on this case, pretty known people here, though quotes from Discord ;))

1 Like

Seems like a classic band aid solution
No time to rework the system
Add something people hate less

6 Likes

I mean, given you can’t please every whim and fulfill every wish, compromises have to be made. The best compromise was to give people exactly what they asked for.

Always remember two adages:

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

Be careful what you wish for.

I’ll add to that: Don’t shoot yourself in the foot.

1 Like

Treu :wink: but the better option was to just create a disable button and make the selectable.

They knew that if they would randomize them at default they would get a shitload of criticism, so instead they went with a randomize button… Which still earns them a shitload of criticism…

That wouldn’t be a problem if the mods where equal… Allas, some are just optimal and easy, others are broken and/or seasure inducingly flashy (seriously, my eyes water every time I play this game and half the time I can’t see ■■■■ because of unnecessary visual pollution)

There’s a few problems I’ve noticed…

1. they just do things and then scramble to fix it because they get a lot of criticism from the community who most of the times seen it comming and GBX didn’t listen until they messed up
  2. an obvious lack of play testing… So many obvious bugs creep into the game every update…
1 Like

I wanted to write something like how about instead make a solid foundation that is simple and is working for a start, instead of piling more and more stuff on top of the shaky base, like more difficulties, more modes, more loot colors/rarities or even item sets, etc. complicating it all even further.

But then I realized I am not really playing since DLC3, only briefly returning to check out DLC4 for couple of days and stopping completely, so I guess I don’t really care. But interested in what they are going to do next (if anything major).

I am happy with mayhem 11 with no modifiers.

2 Likes

I gave that one up
They are all about mayhem

3 Likes

GBX gave us modifiers.
We don’t want them because at least the half of them aren’t working properly.
Then we’re asking for disable them or make them chooseable to avoid broken modifiers.
GBX give us M11 and don’t care about M9 and below players…

I mean I’m glad that M11 is coming because I only play M10 but what’s with the other players?
GBX is just not capable of give all players what they want.

1 Like

they will probably monitor traffic between m10 and m11 and act upon lower mayhems accordingly. thankfully traffic difference is such that they will finally drop this idea of modifiers

yea, but actually i have to play non mayhem to show them what my problem is :x

Lol, I actually remember back in the Mayhem 3/4 days. There were people on here asking for wacky modifiers. The floor is lava was specifically mentioned.

3 Likes

yea, i remember it was mentioned on reddit or something?

what do you know some people are dumb. having a spiderant spawn on athenas is mayhem having a nog spawn in slaughter shaft is mayhem. spinners and cryo novas are annoyance

1 Like

Honestly, at this point with how much they’ve botched Mayhem Mode, I’d rather they just make a resettable UVHM thats the same difficulty and loot/exp as original Mayhem4 and no modifiers. Just the straight up game. I’d stick to that and be happy. I was happy with original M4 difficulty.

I can play any level of Mayhem, but they are all gear dependent, and now have different levels of gear for each level of Mayhem. This means I gotta collect gear for any and every level I want to play on a given day, as they will be OP or UP depending on situation. I feel like Mayhem wasn’t thought through very well.

1 Like

Twas this thread.

1 Like

We definitely need to go to 11…

1 Like

I wouldn’t need 11
Its better than what we currently have with 1-10
I just mean moving forwards in regards to less stupid stuff and more serious difficulty

I agree. I was just having a little fun with the reference to going to “11” in the Spinal Tap movie.