What am i missing?

can someone please tell me how i am taking damage through my barrier

i’ve watched it 30 times now and i still can’t see any reason for why im taking damage and its a 360 degree barrier im not standing in a puddle im not too close to the wall of the crate to take splash damage (some how) nothing was thrown at my feet and there is now tornado or wind damage coming at me so im at a loss for words
1 Like

This is gonna be a stretch but I think you’re taking the splash damage from the rockets from the Badass guys.

You don’t take damage from the impact, but you are probably “inside” the splash zone according to the code, resulting in damage.

It shouldn’t work like that but it does sometime.

1 Like

right i mean why have a barrier if it’s not gonna work thank you for the help!!

…because the barrier works. If you set it down and step more than 2 feet from it, you will take 0 damage from the rocket because neither the impact nor splash will hit you.

ALL barriers work this way, including the Militant and the Anointed Militant. You can hit them with splash damage or elemental damage through their shield even though it blocks all normal bullets.

I doubt they will fix it, because I believe it’s working as intended (no meme).

if thats the case then i would have taken damage from all of the other rockets that hit my shield so why didn’t i take that damage (no meme)?

and if you watched the video you can tell that it isn’t even the rocket that is doing the damage to me you see a flash of yellow or green like a sniper shot and then my health drops so your theory would be incorrect since the barrier is doing the opposite of what your saying it does. Is there a certain sniper attack from an enemy that penetrates the barrier? I appreciate the help but if your just gonna use sarcasm and not even watch the video then please don’t waste my time with your comment

I’m not being sarcastic, you are being an ass. That “yellow” that you see is the 3rd Hardened Zealot Badass’ rocket launcher/railgun that does splash damage and that goes through shields.

@0:34 you get hit with a railgun (the yellow) from one of the hardened badasses
@0:36 you get hit with the same railgun by the same badass
@0:40 you get hit with by the same badass again

None of the hardened tinks or the male hardened zealot badass’ recursion shots got through your barrier.

It is common knowledge that railgun-type splash damage go through the shield. There are other splash damage weapons that will also go through shields and Evil Eye Zealots will also go through shields.

Big shrug for you, don’t know why I wasted my time e-sleuthing if that’s your attitude towards feedback.

“…because the barrier works”
“ALL barriers work this way”
“I doubt they will fix it, because I believe it’s working as intended (no meme).”

like i said sarcasm no wonder why i was being an ass

you will take 0 damage from the rocket because neither the impact nor splash will hit you.
you were referring to the rocket not the rail gun which why i stated that it wasn’t the rocket
if it was so damn common knowledge then why the hell would be asking??? how about trying not to assume things and trying to be less demeaning when “HELPING” people out if that’s what you were even trying to do.

All barriers work this way.

If you equip a Cutsman, a splash damage persistent projectile and shoot it at a Militant or anointed Militant with their shield up, it will go through the shield.

The hitbox does not stop at the barrier. It hits the barrier, goes through the barrier, and keeps going.

All barriers do work this way. If you were to equip a Bagronk launcher, which is also a railgun, it works the same way.

That response was to “why have a barrier if it’s not gonna work?” It works. In my very first post “you can hit them with splash damage or elemental damage through their shield even though it blocks all normal bullets” is the answer to your question. No need to watch the video.

Anyways no need to respond to this anymore.