What are you good at? Bragging thread ahoy!

Well, not exactly bragging. I’m a bit down today and I talked about making this in the Likes thread, and it seemed to be marginally popular, so… say good stuff about yourself! What are you good at? What do you know a lot about? I know we’ve got some talented/skilled people around, so I’m curious to see what we come up with. Could be anything - creative, work/engineering based, video game knowledge and or skills. Gogogo.

9 Likes

I’m good at remembering useless facts and pretty good with numbers

10 Likes

Noice. I’m notoriously bad at simple head math, which makes my mtg turns take forever :confused:

How are you with names? I’ve recently discovered I’m horrible with new people these days.

8 Likes

I’m a pretty good cook. Most things you can do in the kitchen I do pretty well at. I bake, brew beer, and cook all sorts of stuff with and without recipes and no one has died yet. Most people ask for seconds. I’ve been told I’m a good writer but am uncomfortable making that assertion myself. I am good with names and other rote memorization stuff.

8 Likes

I’ve always been jealous of good chefs. I get super paranoid about it, particularly preparing meat and panic a bit often. I write occasionally too, but have been really slacking on producing… anything lately. Been meaning to try to fix that.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t call myself a chef, but I do like to eat and figure I should be willing to cook. I try new things and try to incorporate them I to my repertoire. I do wacky things with breakfast. One of my proudest moments was a custom ground (basically pork and bacon with garlic) sausage slider on pancakes with coffee and chili infused maple syrups.

Same. If you want to goad each other on you know where to find me.

8 Likes

I want to go to there.

7 Likes

What’s your name again?

7 Likes

I want to go back. :drooling_face:
Another sausage related brag: I once made a sausage with duck, bacon, and jalapeños.

6 Likes

I read that as “with a duck” instead of just “with duck” and immediately imagined you in a cartoon like scenario. I was worried that the duck could talk to the pig and that would lead to ethical issues.

6 Likes

I’m astoundingly mediocre at doing just about everything. Jack of all trades kinda guy.

I used to be a respectable musician, but was never good at sight-reading. I can cook pretty well but not very creatively. I can fix a car - but only the basics. I can build a shed but can’t build a house. I can milk a cow and raise vegetables but pretty sure they’d all die if I didn’t have help.

I’m pretty smugly satisfied with some of my threads though.

8 Likes

This reminds me of The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. It would bring up ethical issues, or something even stranger. Ever see that anime where the potato skins itself for the princess’s curry? The duck and the pig discussing at length what the best seasoning combinations would be and talking about what an honor to be part of such an elevated example of sausage cuisine. If you choose to picture this, know I would be weeping openly through the entire process all the way to the actual eating.

Oh dear, I’ve derailed another thread. :cry:
New brag, I derail threads instinctively, and I speak 5 languages to varying degrees.

As you should be. They’re either informative, entertaining, or both. 10/10 would link. :+1:

6 Likes

Well I can barely do any of those things, so I’m impressed anyway!

6 Likes

Well, As I said in the likes thread:

I’m good at graphic design, coding, writing, making terrible puns, remembering certain moments of my life and the dates they happened, memorizing certain things like songs and movies I’ve seen/listened to a million times and knowing the complete history of random things like Siri for instance.

I’m also good at fabricating props.

8 Likes

Bah. Self appreciation? Get outta here. I’m blatantly incompetent at probably everything even remotely meaningful. I make a mean brew of mince, am an okay-ish composer, and can ride a longboard like a wizard. That’s pretty much it.

You single? Don’t care who you are. Marry me plz.

9 Likes

Those all seem fun and useful!

6 Likes

I excel at nothing. Thanks guys for reminding me of this, you are all far better humans than I am! THANKS A LOT!!! :rofl:

9 Likes

Bah! You’re good at something! Video games, music, art, something! The point is to give yourself some credit. I guarantee there’s something you know a lot about or excel at!

9 Likes

Yes!! I haven’t murdered anyone yet… Which is definitely quite a thing in this current age of morons :laughing:

6 Likes

I’m pretty good at tidy up my apartment. Also, i know a lot of words (in my language, german) and how to use them.

8 Likes