What are you reading right now?

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #743

In case i haven’t said it before, I’m a huge fan of Neal Shusterman. Just finished book 2 of his new series “Arc of the Scythe”" Go read this series. Right now.

SX330_BO1%2C204%2C203%2C200

(band) #744

One of the Witcher books, the second short story collection, Sword of Destiny. Last time I read this it wasn’t released in English over here so I read it online. I remember an upcoming story getting me very excited but I’ll need to jump back to a story in The Last Wish before I get to it.

I dunno if it’s a symptom of me not reading a book for so long, but damn is this cracking me up. Geralt is one dour comedian of a soul, he’s gotta stop thinking the way he does or people will start giving me looks in the store.

Geralt, overcoming his embarrassment, virtually forced his way to the table. An elderly gentleman, smelling strongly of vinegar, moved aside surprisingly courteously and willingly, almost knocking off several guests sitting alongside him. Geralt got down to eating without delay and in a flash had cleared the only dish he could reach. The gentleman smelling of vinegar passed him another. In gratitude, the Witcher listened attentively to the elderly gentleman’s long tirade concerning the present times and the youth of today. The elderly gentleman stubbornly described sexual freedom as ‘laxity’, so Geralt had some difficulty keeping a straight face.

‘… abomination, shame and disgrace,’ the elderly gentleman smelling of vinegar continued. ‘One enormous laxity, sir.’
‘Indeed,’ Geralt nodded tentatively, wiping his plate with a hunk of bread.

I didn’t know I’d be laughing at poop jokes still, but I can’t say I feel bad about it. Pretty refreshed, all things told.

(Benedict's Glorious Wingspan) #745

The%204%20Percent%20Universe

If nothing else, I’ve learned what the terms “blue shift” and “red shift” mean so far.