What are your favorite kind of pistols to use regardless of build?

Not in the original. You are spot on! :wink:

Slappers, Anarchists and Aegis

Dahl-barreled Repeaters. They are criminally underrated in my opinion.

Vladof barreled Hyperion pistols always get me moist! :smiley:

1 Like

i’d actually like to know more about why you like spikes. Then tend to fall towards the bottom of my liked pistols. They’re hard to use effectively for me and i get frustrated. But then again I also don’t like the Logan’s gun cause it’s more of a explosive gun. I just like seeing things hit and immediately see damage i guess. I’m kinda a impatient person lol

that has to be the dirtiest sounding list haha :slight_smile: but still those guns do damage

The gub is fun based on player and build for sure. Synergy seems to be a gun a lot of people sleep on but works well if you know how to use it

1 Like

i’ll be honest I hated jakobs weapons soooo much when i started, i’ve grown to enjoy cocking that hammer :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah i’m looking more at the mental satisfying part. I just like knowing what people would choose if they really could. I can understand the Jakobs, because I love assassins builds and work on getting close up the Law is essential and i like the hammer animation. the evie and hornet look like badass guns, never used them though.

I shared a lot of laughs with friends telling them that I was running around with a Stiff Rod equipped.

4 Likes

I get the same reaction when I tell folks to check out my Bad Touch Bangstick.

4 Likes

Excluding uniques:

Jakobs Iron
Anything Vladof
Maliwan Aegis and the Torgue barrel ones (don’t remember the name)

Dahl grip / Jakobs sight Sir Hammerlock’s Rex, Gwen’s Head, and another perfect-parts Dahl Emerald Repeater I’ve kept around.

Luck Cannon from TPS is also a very nice sidearm.

1 Like

I dont like Vladof pistols that are not Anarchist or Stinger haha
Their fire rate seems… awful.

1 Like

They are nearly on par with anarchists as far as fire rate is concerned (except the fighter (jakobs barrel) which is noticeably slower) around 9 rather than 10-11.
The real downer is they usually have much smaller mags.

While leveling up, you can do much worse though :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are right, but I think my problem is the barrel not spining. It seems a lot faster with the Vladof spining barrel, if It makes sense :laughing:

2 Likes

I was a Jakobs fan right from the start. I love the western flavor and fanning the hammer is just too much fun. I also forgot to mention some of the unique versions of the Iron. The Maggie is definitely one of my favorites. Sometimes I even walk around and play with the Rex just because the skin on it is so beautiful.

1 Like

[quote=“griptail, post:25, topic:1561657, full:true”]i’d actually like to know more about why you like spikes.[/quote]I enjoy playing around in the gray area between impact and detonation. With really high-fire rate ones (like a Vladof one with matching grip and all the fire rate buffs Zer0 can muster), if you’re very quick, you can unload the magazine and be in Decepti0n before the first dart pops. If you do this to unsuspecting enemies, they can’t see you because it’s the detonation, not the shot fired, that draws their attention. It’s pretty tricky to do, honestly… maybe half the time I don’t get into Decepti0n fast enough. I also enjoy hitting Buzzards in mid-strafe with them… not sure why (probably because the delayed detonation is much more visible as it continues on its doomed, sideways journey).

[quote=“griptail, post:25, topic:1561657, full:true”]Then tend to fall towards the bottom of my liked pistols. They’re hard to use effectively for me and i get frustrated.[/quote]In NVHM and maybe early TVHM, their damage should be fine; in UVHM, it falls off drastically. I give mine a five-level OP buff (where I don’t find that the darts need this, curiously). I don’t blame people when they say that they don’t use them though; they are otherwise weak, and few people use the OP system to buff gear.

[quote=“griptail, post:25, topic:1561657, full:true”]But then again I also don’t like the Logan’s gun cause it’s more of a explosive gun. I just like seeing things hit and immediately see damage i guess. I’m kinda a impatient person lol[/quote]I like working around the odd quirks that various Unique weapons have. With the Logan’s Gun, for example, shots fired directly at an enemy will hit it for mediocre damage, but the bullet will pass through and detonate pretty hard a couple times on whatever surface the shot hits next. If you shoot an enemy’s foot, they take direct damage, then the indirect damage from the subsequent blasts hit them from the ground nearby. Needless to say, it’s much easier to use when you gain a vertical advantage over an enemy. I actually categorize the gun in the “overly strong” category, and only bring it out when I’m in the mood for steamrolling (flesh enemies).

I love Bandit pistols - something about the feel of shooting them really pleases me - so the Gub is a particular favourite. I love any Bandit or Maliwan pistol that uses a Vladof barrel; the fire rate is delicious.

I’ve grown to like Darts and Spikers a lot considering I once thought they belonged to Satan… Vladof is my favourite make though and I don’t currently have a Vladof rep at endgame so they’re mostly lying dormant. The Dahlminator is also great though.

I’ve come to really like Jakobs but usually only with a scope… that said, I recently picked up a Greed and I’m enjoying it also.

All standard Dahl repeaters should be heaped into a pile in Claptrap’s place and set on fire to keep him warm :smirk:

4 Likes

Gotta go with jakobs. That raw damage is what I opt for. Torgue pistol= DPUH :slight_smile: for me nothing else.

1 Like