What bad habits do you have?

I was thinking about this as I did my usual bad habit, was wondering what yours are.

My primary one is touching the left stick when I really really want to be in one place. Usually happens when I’m SMG’ing someone to death, I’ll be scoped in and rapid firing, and my left thumb touches the left stick and eases me (usually) forward, or to the left, slowly. Not a good thing, throws off my aim and often takes me nearer to another enemy.
I yell at myself all the time about this thumb off the stick! but 1,000s of hours in I still do it.

The second one is a little more minor, but has gotten me in trouble. Running forward while reloading. I’ll clear a mob area, start running towards the next group that I know is ahead, and reload as I run. Usually ends up with the baddies spawning and starting to shoot me while I’m still in the middle of a reload. Again, I tell myself stop, reload, run but I still do it.
Yours?
–RoA

4 Likes

I always run into the radius of my own splash weapons. Or more embarrassingly use them when I’m not outside of the radius. I’ve killed myself with my own Fastballs more times than I’m comfortable admitting. Not to mention inadvertent Kerblaster and SWORDSPLOSION!!! suicides, which happen too.

5 Likes

I’ve learned to use the Kerblaster (and SwordSplosion). Not saying it never happen, railings can be a pain, but I’m usually good enough not to call it a bad habit.
Fastballs on the other end…Or is it hand? :wink: I’ve thrown those when I knew I was too close quite often. Especially at Rabids.

Mine would be back pedaling like a dumb marauder. I know it’s going to end bad. End up being stuck on something. (When it’s not faling.) Knowing exactly what more often than not.
… And yes. Soft pressure on left stick while ADS’ing. That’s a thing.

3 Likes

I remember my 1st attempt at an OP4 Peak run. Everything is going grand, build is good, gear is good. Get to the Doc Mercy zone, kinda psyched cuz I think I’ve got the Assassins beat in the next zone. Back pedaling to avoid a maniac and
Ooops
Fell off. To make matters worse, it wasn’t an insta-death. Landed on a ledge that I could not get back up from. Just standing there saying Well, so much for that as I hear the mayhem overhead.
Idiot Me.
–RoA

5 Likes

Me too. They’re not my most frequent self kills, but I’d be lying if I tried to tell you it doesn’t happen anymore. No matter how you slice it, rushing ahead into your own splash (from weapons or skills, looking at you Death Blossom), is my most common accidental demise.

3 Likes

Reloading too much definitely. It’s so ingrained in my muscle memory to reload all the time that I often get myself in trouble in situations where I still had enough ammo and it would have been wiser not to. But I just can’t help it, neither in BL nor in other games like Counter-Strike. With Gaige’s Anarchy tree it becomes so bad that I have to rebind the reload key until I have Discord.

Also makes Tediore weapons quite a problem. I run around with no enemies, have only one bullet fired, and I automatically hit reload. Hrrgn…

3 Likes

Reloading with 124 stacks of Anarchy.

4 Likes

Arg, yes. Even worse, accidentally picking up a weapon that’s a level or more above you, and your gun automatically reloads, and there go your stacks! Always hated that, I consider it a serious bug.
–RoA

2 Likes

I was going to point you toward a very similar topic for more answers and then I realized it was made by you :smiley:

2 Likes

Hehe. Yeah, I consider mistakes and bad habits different;y.
–RoA

2 Likes

Good find. :wink:
I remembered there was a similar thread before. Figured it was a recurrent theme and didn’t bother.

As for Gaige and reloading. Another reason I carry a Jackobs shotgun with her. To open boxes. (And healing with a full mag.)

1 Like

Again Gaige - firing off a few rounds from a Thunderball Fists and then walking into the secondary explosions’ radius. Quoting the Hyperion Lady…“What, again?!?

3 Likes

Switching classes too often, so that I sometimes mistake one for another, and try to throw a quick deception while playing someone else, or trying to phaselock enemies with the Sabre Turret…

Another bad habit I think i have is selling stuffs before picking up ammo.
Another is playing too reckless and neverminding going into FFYL, i usually play Do or Die Axton, but that tendency to ignore risky situations gets me with any character

4 Likes