What can I not do without PS plus on borderlands

this is something that has been on my mind for quite a while since I don’t really play online anymore since borderlands came out on PS4 so if my PS plus subscription ends and I don’t renew it well I really be missing out on stuff if I play borderlands only in single player well I still be able to redeem shift codes and be able to download patches

I think you need it to redeem shift codes, but you can download patches without it.

You just need a PSN account in order to redeem Shift Codes, not a paid subscription.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

That’s bizarre as you don’t need PS+ on the PS3, only Xbox 360 required Gold. Don’t know about HC but it would be weird.

You’re actually correct. Apparently. you only need a paid subscription for Xbox. I found a Shift FAQ of sorts.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

Just when I did :3 I do remember someone from Gearbox saying that it’s on the Xbox with Gold only so I’ve been sure about it but some solid written evidence is probably more useful than my meager commoner words.

You actually do need PS+ to play online on PS4 unfortunately.

That I know but that also extends to the use of Shift codes?

I googled how it works for 360, and you cannot enter SHiFT codes without Gold so it might be the same on PS4, but it’s hard to know without someone trying without PS+.

I have queston about this subject, I always have my game on “online public” does anything change when you put it on online? Because I always play solo but the loading takes so long when I save & quit, does the droprates change for instance?

The only thing that does change is that you can invite people and play with them.
No, the droprate doesn’t change.

Playing with people however makes enemies have x2 health and do x2 damage if playing with one other person, and x3 with 2 other people and x4 with 3 other people. I’ve never seen this been mentioned on the forums, so I thought I might add it since it’s kinda related.

Sorry I ment to say, does it change anything when I put it on OFFline or LAN? Saves loading time for me…

Changes nothing. Except the loading times which I why I change it as well.