What did you do in BL1 during your most recent session?

I like the way you’re thinking! Although, I’d prefer getting it to celebrate the 5th anniversary of Borderlands 2…

4 Likes

Met a kind fellow named Mr. Shank, broke Athena out of prison, rescued a Claptrap, and knocked out all the sidequests I could at the time. Lilith went from 40-42. (also, I was laughing when Athena used that fake Extenze commercial as cover up to communicate through Echos)

I gotta say, the driving in this is ridiculous. The one sidequest I had to kill 10 bandit patrols, apparently they can just ram into you, flip your vehicle, and run you over when you get out to flip it back over. Happened two or three times.

Also, are all those loot midgets fixed spawns? I think I found three going through Lockdown and another popped out during the Purple Juice sidequest.

2 Likes

One of the reasons I still play the original. The physics in the vehicles is awesome. So many awesome stunts pulled off that can’t be captured on my console. :expressionless:

yes, they are map specific.

1 Like

ENGORGE!!!

2 Likes

It’s definitely hectic. Even just driving over the uneven terrain made my car flip a couple times. lol

Engorge!!! That’s it. I saw Athena’s picture pop up in the corner like there’s supposed to be dialogue, but all I heard was something about being short and firing blanks. lmao

3 Likes

how about a dancing Runner?! lol

1 Like

You get very similar ads in TPS in Motherless Board. Apparently, GBX writers have a thing about male enhancement products? Awkward…

1 Like

Started another One-Life Lilith. Died in the Arid Badlands to some Rakk. Seriously? Rakk? So I started another one, and just cleared Skag Gully. I love/hate this game.

7 Likes

I cooped with @Laggy for some really horrible loot from Craw, then the Armory. We have had a horrible string of luck while cooping with the loot drops.

I really don’t like it when I see a Badass with a weapon that sounds awesome, you can see it in their hands, but when you kill them, they don’t drop it. sometime, they drop nothing at all?! :unamused:

3 Likes

Got past Mad Mel in another One Life Lilith! I am stacked with weapons this time…let’s try not to die while doing something stupid, eh?

4 Likes

Since my last post, I finished up everything in the Knoxx DLC that I could do. I screwed up the Super Marcus Sweep mission, so I gotta get help from a friend to complete it, but that and the Crawmerax mission are all that I have left.

After that, I burned through the Claptrap Robolution. As a Clappy fan, it was pretty incredible. “Fleshies, straight ahead!” “How do you like them apples?” Had to kill 2 or 300 of them for Tannis’ missions, so I heard plenty of that. (and after playing TPS, that final boss was pretty familiar! lol)

Now I’m smashing through the Zombie Island DLC, and that’ll pretty much do it for playthrough 1. I’ve still got the Moxxi Underdome, but I really wanna get into my second run of the main game. I believe Lilith is now lv. 46 or 47.

3 Likes

The robolution maps provide some pretty awesome mobbing, especially in Pt.2 “I see 3 flashing red lights…”

2 Likes

Tried out a new character for the first time. It took me a long time to finish after my friend made me quit to play 2 halfway through my original playthrough. I stuck pretty steadfastly to my Lilith but finally decided to give someone else a shot, namely Mordecai. Bloodwing doesn’t seem to work with my play style super well, but I’m hoping maybe I just don’t have the hang of it yet and it’ll get better.

Bloodwing tends to get stuck, and will routinely refuse to engage with the enemy if you duck out of line of sight with them (regardless of the number of red dots).

Actually, there’s a reference to this in BL2 in the post-WEP reminiscing at the Raider’s HQ.

1 Like

Oh, really? Well, nice to know it’s not just me sucking at playing it then. lol

Wing takes some point investment to get going, then it multiplies in just about everything.

3 Likes

Early game, Bloodwing isn’t that great. Once you invest a few skill points into him though, you’ll notice just how fun mobbing with Mordecai really is.

2 Likes

One Life Lilith finally quit chest farming and found Tannis, cleared Earl’s Scrapyard and Treacher’s Landing, and is ready to beat up on Krom. For the most part, not dying is really easy. I don’t think I’ve gone into FFYL once this whole playthrough so far. There are relatively few reliably tense moments in the game:

• Sledge. Not normally bad but has a LOT of health and you may not be able to see the other bandits for a second wind.
  • Mad Mel. ■■■■ Mad Mel. I think I’ve got a good safe strategy but it’s still really iffy.
  • Baron Flynt. Fast, lots of health, somehow manages to hit stuff with that stupid gun of his.
  • Any boss where there are no second wind lackeys (Dr. Ned, Steele-trap, Mr. Shank, etc).

I thought last night maybe I should try doing the PT1 Underdome now. I need a fire weapon but have a 2-shot Atlas revolver, ass-kickin Orion, sweet Dahl Stinger, a decent Defiler, and a maxed Mercenary COM. Only problem is I don’t think I have enough skill points to get the really helpful skills (Mind Games, Inner Glow, Hit & Run, Blackout).

2 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend it. Trying the Underdome in a one-life is just begging for you to get the Naked modifier several rounds in a row.

The regular underdomes are ok. But the long one (what is it, 20 rounds * 5 phases?) is a deathwish.

I’d say that the 20 round underdome is the only time you could break your “one life” rule and treat it as a virtual space with deaths not counting.

I still haven’t bothered to slog through it myself. “Endless” wave modes in games just bug me. If it had been more like rifts and greater rifts from Diablo 3 then it could have been pretty damn sweet.

2 Likes