What did you do in BL1 during your most recent session?

Back on the Coast and back on my PS4, been a week so may as well do another leg of the Underdome.
Hell-burbia, a map I enjoy quite a bit. And done, only went into FFYL during one of the Horde waves, those are always the most dangerous for me.
Only one phase per evening, so The Gully tomorrow.

BTW, why, pray tell, is there a countdown at the end of each round? You’ve beaten the boss and minions, and you’re kinda just running around, then there’s a 10 second countdown.
Why? Am I missing something I should be picking up or whatnot? Just seems like 15 seconds of dead time or I’m not noticing something really obvious over the years.

2 Likes

Countdown is for picking up loot that Moxxi drops after each round in a center cage where you normally spawn, after countdown loot disappears.

3 Likes

Loot? Loot? You mean I’ve done this torture to myself many times and I missed out on loot!!! each time!
Man o man. Thanks, now I’ll actually look.

4 Likes

At the end of each round, after killing the boss, a bunch of loot will appear under the tower where you first spawn in.

I ran around the other night and leveled up Brick’s proficiencies a bit more. Shotguns and snipers are both in the high 40s, and then it’ll be SMGs and CRs and I think he’ll be done with that.

2 Likes

And finished that mess. The Gully this morning, which is my 2nd favorite map. The center platform is excellent for keeping your distance from folks, except the Hordes who once again put me in FFYL once. Got up, but melee is tough. It’s number 2 instead of one because of the running to the upper camp area, gets me too far from my safe spot.
And got my least favorite modifier, the “no shields” thing which, since I live by Girl Power is a small challenge.
But all done without death, skill point acquired.
And NO I am not going to do the 20 round version. I did that once, forearms were sore for a coupla days. No reason to do it again.
Think I’ll finish up Knoxx next.

3 Likes

Huh, I did finish Knoxx with this character.

But Circle of Duty is still there, and I do like that, and still wish it was repeatable, so I’ve got some good times coming with that now.

3 Likes

I’ve started a new game, repeaters and machine guns only Mordy.
I know it looks like an obvious choice for this character, but I never done that yet.
So it gives me a chance to test some pistols that I normally wouldn’t use.

Double Lady Finger at lvl2!

Later I found a Maliwan x2 fire repeater and run through Scag gully missions without any troubles even being a little under leveled. Burned Bone Head and activated catch-a-ride. So far so good.

2 Likes

Okay my pistol only Mordy reached new heaven without any difficulties except that shooting machine pistols such as fury’s empties you ammo cache in a blink of an eye. I haven’t found any useful gunslinger mod with ammo regen yet. But it’s been pretty fun so far…

Here’s one of the things I did:

Notice the level difference there - that took several hundreds of rounds with consistent crits! I think I just have Dumpster Diver left to do on that save, although I doubt he will be as obliging and let me cheese him as easily as Meat Popsicle (even though it was rather tedious).

Think I should level up a bit first?

4 Likes

I got my first ammo regen mod at level 30, that’s RNG for ya…but my game became suddenly very easy.
So I had to turn my difficulty slider up.

2 Likes

How did u do that?

+10 ammo for a lvl 15 comm is pretty tasty.

3 Likes

Yep that’s a 650. Perfect other than the extra point on loaded. Very nice

2 Likes

There is a prog on pc that can change a number of players in your game.

1 Like

do you even need it given you’re using the Dove? :grinning:

3 Likes

So I’m running around old haven with my new Lil and I find a crummy Td hellfire in a white chest , but It’s the first one I can use. And I’m just roasting everybody of coarse and it really brings back some memories. The first hellfire I ever saw was in old haven on my first trip thru the game…I think I just teared up a little. Not sure if it’s the raging nostalgia or the smoke from all the bbq’ed Lanceflesh.

2 Likes

Fire rate friend, fire rate!
Dove does not regenerate ammo, only not consuming it.

2 Likes

Hellfires and Lilly basically mean I’ve won this playthrough.
Though for me, anything below a 5 fire rate gets sold, much as it pains me to do so.

1 Like

Yep. And I’ve got a much better one waiting a few more levels for me