What did you do in BL1 during your most recent session?

I’d still try panaceas if you have a chance to get a good one. And yes it has to have mat3, the quick regen. Mat1 and 2 just isn’t fast enough for anything but healing after the fight. The quick regen makes a huge difference in real time. Ive never had any luck “tanking” in bl. The difference in your characters ability to deal damage and to take damage is extremely weighted towards dealing it. Marcus is a liar. The best defense is a good offense. Your shield is gonna go down after just a couple hits regardless, (or literally any shock attack) so It’s better to be able to get what u have back quickly, shield or health. Imo :wink:

2 Likes

I have, and if I weren’t almost always playing Lilith I might use them.
But since Lilith has instant health regen at 7% a second (more with a good merc comm) through phase walk, even the quickest shield-based regen is slower.
Of course, that doesn’t help you when you pop out of phase walk and your phase blast blows up a barrel next to you and puts you at 3 health, not that I’ve done that, well, more than 3-4 times…

2 Likes

It all stacks tho…having more health is an upkeep…more health to worry about filling up. As opposed to always having just enough. It’s like playing those whatever. …idk call of duty or far cry games where as long as you don’t take too much dmg all at once you’re always good. You just learn your envelopes, when to push It and when to kinda hang back…and yes with Lilith of coarse you have the ultimate hang back/ panic button you can hit

4 Likes

I’m with @odiscordia too - better to use a Pangolin shield, because health gate mechanics are the same in BL1 as in BL2. It was never really popularized because there aren’t any easy ways to exploit it, but having less health makes things like transfusion grenades or medkits better - get above that 50% mark and you can take another hit from Craw. I’m partial to Anshin honestly, but as a fellow one-life-lilly player I don’t think Torgue does us favors.

3 Likes

Yeah for difrent characters difrend shields, what about Ironclad on Brick? I have maxed and I was tesing only on Mordi and Lil, Rose was still performing better.

3 Likes

Ironclad sucks, flat out.

You can easily get a Purple shield with a Max Shield number that is comparable with a high end Ironclad, but with the added benefit of its having a viable recharge rate.

The Ironclad has literally nothing going for it.

On to my own most recent playthrough…

I just found out how incredibly great Scar’s loot pool is, especially for the first playthrough.

I ran him like 30 times, on my latest Mord, looking for a viable Firex3 SMG after I had one drop on my last 1-Life Brick.

He can drop a 24 damage Firex1 Blue Assault Rifle with a 51 clip, which is better than even Digit’s Shattering Mauler against anything not fire-based.

1 Like

In the case of Brick, his skills all boosting shield capacity (Unbreakable is best viewed as a shield capacity increase) means he has no way to decrease his shield recharge delay or increase his shield recharge rate. Due this, my opinion is he actually synergizes best with AWE or OS body shields. I prefer AWE Panaceas given they reset Unbreakable the fastest and the recharge delay is fast enough to overlap with the rate from Unbreakable. For me, this is ideal, and Safeguard plus Unbreakable covers the otherwise low capacity.

Of course, it should be mentioned I play a cover-orientated Brick that engages from a distance and almost never goes down. If making heavy use of Diehard, then a different shield may be advised. At that point, having more raw capacity benefits from a Second Wind refilling shields.

2 Likes

Had a session with @Kurtdawg13 the other night, where we moved our co-op game through killing Krom and then cleaned up some side missions.

Playing Lilith, Kurt blew past my Mordy when leaving the caves for the corrosive crystal harvest, and I ended up in a bunch of midgets. Two of them followed me as I ran back to New Haven, but I thought they’d de-aggro’d when I joined Kurt on the other side for the finale of the first Kobb/Janis Town mission.

Apparently not - when we got back to New Haven, two of them were in town waiting for me! Never had that happen before. But then, my usual policy is to kill everything before moving on. Fun times!

4 Likes

Rolando Boom, the Vladof-allegiance Soldier, got a little run last night. Didn’t have a whole lot of time before jumping into an impromptu BL3 co-op session, but I did manage to take down Bone Head and get the key to Sledge’s Safe House. Also managed to find a shield after entering Skag Gully! First shield on an allegiance run is always exciting for me.

4 Likes

Vladof should be one of the smoother allegiance runs. Shields are common. I usually don’t see many ARs early on but I always see good MPs, which Roland is pretty good with.

2 Likes

The biggest issue I’ve run into so far is just ammo management. Obviously that changes with the acquisition of the first Support Gunner, but in the early going, these Vladof weapons chew right through my low ammo reserves.

Still having a ton of fun with it though! Might give it a little more time this morning.

3 Likes

The best low level ARs I’ve found have either been dropped by bruisers (the ones out front of the cigar guys shack in the badlands seems to do well) or were ransack drops with mordy, if you can trade guns between characters. Otherwise there’s just no good source for them early on. But yeah, a decent corrosive MP for tagging and fire or nonE will pretty much chew up anything in your way. Vladof Furys wreck all day long

1 Like

As for myself I am farming for my endgame corrosive TK Athenas Wisdom. It’s the fastest farm in all of BL but still…wish me luck lol

3 Likes

Here it is. She’s finally finished in the Trash Coast.

Rakk Hive is generous!

Rakk Hive is generous once again!

This one wasn’t something I was specifically going for, but using a Firehawk and a HellFire tends to make this happen.

3 Likes