What did you do in BL1 during your most recent session?

Oh ok, so I do have the extra 2 points? So if I’m maxed at 5 it’s like having 7? Or do I just need to put 3 points in and the mod will take it to 5 which is max?

If you have n points assigned, and a boost of m points from the COM, you have a total of (m+n) points. It doesn’t show when you look in your skill tree, but that skill will be boosted by the COM and you’ll get the benefits of it.

2 Likes

I thought that would be the case. Once I got that com equipt, my smg was tearing it up. Thx for the clarification. :smiley:

1 Like

Ok yesterday I kept at doing the missions and side quests. I did scavenger revolver, fuel feud, death race Pandora and so on till I made it ti New Haven. I’ve heard so much about this place. Need to find out what happen there. I helped a claptrap there and got 3 more spots for my backpack. I picked up a crap load of missions while I was at New Haven. I have to seek out Tanis, but I’m going to work on the scavenger SMG quest first. I have been maining the smg with this build, which is another thing I don’t uasually do. I found a better com in the vending machine, 44 percent smg damage +2 to velocity, +2 to quicksilver and +3 to girl power {I haven’t made it to girlpower yet}. Just ripping things apart as of now. Really liking this game so far, but I’m not surprised. Just love the Borderland series!!

3 Likes

Lilith is a beast.

[quote=“da6770, post:24, topic:1274421”]
Really liking this game so far[/quote]

Happy to hear that you’re enjoying the game.

2 Likes

Played through some Knoxx with a buddy on PT1. We unlocked the Claptrap and then farmed him separately for his SDU. Neither of us had much luck. Back at it today, I suppose!

1 Like

yesterday was a Borderlands marathon. I played on and off all day. I think I turned the game on at 9am and didn’t go off till 7pm.I started with the quest for the missing smg parts and after close to 40 missions and side quests I find myself at Jaynistown: spread the word. I met crazy Earl again. Did some work for him. I’ve completed every single mission as Ive been going. There is 126 missions {not including the 90 more from dlc} and I’ve got at last count 94 of them done. It’s been a great ride so far. the only leg I’ve seen so far was a volcano sniper in the vending machine that was underleveled. I have this green eridian sniper I’ve been using that is a beast. My weapons are starting to get long in the tooth. I need to find a better smg soon, or I’m gonna start finding trouble killing things. Hope to get some time today to continue on. Can’t wait to get into Zeds Zombie looking dlc. That looks cool.

Question…what is the best smg in this game?

3 Likes

Non elemental: Double Anarchy

Elemental: Hellfire

4 Likes

Stingers are also super fun to use.

2 Likes

I’m on my second play through on the 360. (Played for years on the PC) Roland is level 34, just heading to get the mine key. Many happy memories, and hilarity at how bad I am with gamepads…

Vladof cr and tediore 2 shot shotgun see me out of most trouble.

3 Likes

Had a crack at the Underdome with my L69 Roland to try to unlock the extra Skill point. Two of the areas completed - now off to the Gully!

Prior to that did a little Craw and Armory farming. So much fun trawling through the loot after the kill and seeing what presents Craw has left. Last run gave me 8 Legendaries!

2 Likes

I think the borderlands graphic style holds up well.

1 Like

Those are fantastic yes. There’s a wacky bullet bouncy one in Knoxx DLC that’s pretty awesome too.

I don’t use slow SMGS. I tend to look for best DMG * Firerate and then I consider scope and accuracy differences.

1 Like

Hey all, been a couple days since I checked in. I’ve been sick so I haven’t been playing (you know I’m sick If I’m not playing) I started to play Sunday and got a double anarchy smg from the vending machine. Then I went fishing and I got crazy earl best friend back. As the minutes ticked by, the sicker I was feeling and I had to cut the session short. Good news, feeling better so I’ll be back at it tomorrow.

Man, reading about how to go about getting the extra sdu in the dlc is crazy. What did you guys do before the dlc came out? I’m sure some of you finished the game before the dlc came out, did you get your extra sdu’s?

1 Like

I wasn’t playing back then, but two playthrough’s worth of vanilla SDUs would net you 42 backpack slots(i think). The “extra” sdu’s simply wouldn’t have existed.

Not too shabby, after 4 DLCs(3 of which gave SDUs) the maximum backpack space was 72.

1 Like

yeah that’s a really good strategy which i never thought of! - will do that next time…

1 Like

The extra SDUs in PT2 existed, so you could have 57 slots if you went through the process of farming them.

But yeah, having 72 slots available is awesome. Lots of room to play around with stuff without having to travel to Moxxi’s bank to get your other weapons.

Oh, I wasn’t thinking of the same thing when we were talking “extra SDUs”, gotcha.

Well. In my case I just played slowly. By the time most borderlands content comes out I’m rarely ever at the max level and likely haven’t finished the current content before it comes out. I also tend to play multiple classes. So I will end up with at least one of each class between levels 5 and 25 by the time it seems that other players are at level 50 complaining about lack of endgame/replay value. I may have gotten the SDUs in normal mode but I can’t say for certain. But I’ve replayed it like 2 or 3 times in the past 2 years. On PC I fix things outside the game. On console I’m careful but accepting. I’m not going to dashboard farm claptrap rewards. I tried it once and grew bored/annoyed after 5 tries. Decided to accept it and move on. And to just enjoy. I also remember reading about how a max inventory might influence whether or not it will give you an SDU. I decided, “meh”. If I get it, I get it. I decide it was worth the attempt though, even though it meant speeding through the DLCs to get there. Kinda weird maybe but at least that is more fun that dashboarding many times in a row until it gets you the SDU.

1 Like

Well after a week of being sick (flu and whatnot) I had enough energy to get back at it. I started off at old haven snuffing out smoke signals. From there I went all the way to just before the vault. I actually got a leg hellfire to drop from a badass raider. It was a couple levels lower than I was, but it still kicked ass.
I then went to neds zombie island where that hellfire just melted everything it touched. Had some real bad lagging or freezing of the game. At one point I thought I broke the game! Anyways, I kept at it and killed Ned twice. I’ll have to go back tomorrow cause I missed the rescue claptrap.

Tomorrow, I’ll probably visit the underdome and continue with the next dlc. I’m at level 38 now and Lily just crushes. I died twice all day. Once getting pushed off the tower and once for running into a forbidden zone. Oh yea, found a mod that gives smg regen. That is awesome in itself.

5 Likes