What did you do in BL1 during your most recent session?

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #1002

Was running Craw and the Armory last night. nothing exciting unfortunately…

This Spear reloads so fast. its crazy.

shorty drop.

Those eyes!

This is me waiting to capture the moment The Badass Pyro’s backpack explodes.

(Orzesz ty Brumgocylu) #1003

That’s why I like this mag. It is mag1 right?

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #1004

I have played with the 27 clip size mag on a spear or ogre and never experienced this quick reload. I still have it just in case someone wanted to see how quick. its like a mag3 smg. its really fast. I thought about using it on Knoxx, due to the constant DPS it seems to put out. I thought it might be a combination of stock, mag and this particular body? due to the Ajax Spear naming convention, you can’t tell unless you know your ■■■■, so to speak. :wink:

edit:
Correction!
it’s mag2 and the reason it’s so quick is I got the Frantic accessory on it. :blush:

(Orzesz ty Brumgocylu) #1005

Yes that’s mag2! (there is no mag1 lol) , stock4? and I dont think that frantick acc increse realod speed but I know that increse firerate.
Edit:
Yeah it increse realod speed too, I wish I can use this site.

(LootHunter_twitch) #1006

For various reasons I’ve started PC gaming again. Just so had some spare money, and ended up piecing together a whole new beast.

So, one thing i had in mind was to play Borderlands 1. I only ever played the vanilla story through once on the PS3, just normal mode. So with a new PC built, was kinda looking forward to getting max level and dlc.

Got me a 2560x1440 monitor and an RX580 card, so playing this with Freesync on the monitor in high res settings looks pretty amazing for a game so old. Can’t imagine how wonderful B3 will be based on the fact they are using the new Unreal engine (bring forth the day)…

Just stepped into Zombie world to see what was it was like, and was pleasantly surprised.

(Is this thing on?) #1007

That does look good. Have fun!

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #1008

I’m taking a fresh Roland through on the Xone. Still v. Clunky with a controller, but it’s nice when I manage to pull off some decent headshots. Got as far as killing sledge, and have a rather gorgeous cobra which has made life a lot easier…

(Is this thing on?) #1009

Sweet! What level are you at?

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #1010

Just popped 18, I think. Did a few side missions for nostalgia!

(Is this thing on?) #1011

I have a Brick somewhere around that level, also on XB1, that I have somewhat neglected. If you want to try setting up some co-op at some point, GT is Alkymist96.

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #1012

Hmm. I don’t have a gold subscription but I’m sure I got a couple of months free with the console…

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #1013

yes, I know.

I just might dust off the ol Xbone if you guys aren’t opposed to me joining the fight? :grin:

edit:

Hit me up Darth! I’d be happy to help/join the struggle. :blush:

(Is this thing on?) #1014

Confirming that my Brick is still sitting at level 18.

Took Roland back out to try and finish off Robolution Pt.2, but gave up at Knoxx-trap. He wasn’t so bad, but I kept failing to notice the Divine Wind claptraps in time. Pretty frustrating to have all the remaining ones suicide the moment I went into FFYL (or at least, that’s what I assumed happened from the sudden disappearance of all the red dots bar Knoxx)

I will obviously have to level up a bit more and try again later.

Edit: Five days later!

Took Roland back to the Hyperion dump to farm robot parts for Tannis, and got a couple of good passes in. Those Divine Wind Claptraps are still causing me grief though, especially when they catch me from behind. I did score a legendary along the way, but I grabbed it quickly and now can’t figure out which of the items it actually is!

After that I needed a change of pace, so Roland headed over to Dr. Ned’s Island. Got the turrets up and running and looked for the good doctor, but he was nowhere to be found. Decided it was time for a change of pace though, so it was off to Skyrim next.

(Scridation, Leader of Otters, best in Funk's collection) #1015

So… I’m new to this section. Messed about a bit in Bl1 before (I find the interface difficult after 2) but finally got my teeth into it. Started at the beginning with a new Siren (I got Mordecai a reasonable way into the plot a year or so ago but I think most of those sessions were quite, erm, late night and I didn’t recall much plot so I wanted to start afresh!).

Really rather enjoying myself, even though as I say there is some UI stuff that I struggle with (fast travel station, oh my best beloved, TELL ME WHICH MAP I NEED TO GO TO!).

I’m loving Phoenix in particular. I’ve heard lots of people say they don’t spec Blight Phoenix on Maya because of barrels and I’ve never really found that a problem, but man, with that skill on tap I’m actually becoming aware that walking around with a toasty inferno under my skirts has hazards as well as glory. I also discovered Eridian guns which are sex.

I’m learning so much on my travels. For instance, that Rakk nest upside down like bats:

That bandits write all the best love-letters:

That there are lots of new Claptraps to meet and possibly degrade or worship. So many new Claptraps! With different personalities!

Ok, that one seems quite familiar. Others however might be described as

What was the last game you played?
(odiscordia) #1016

Once you get a feel for it, bl1 is awesome. Yeah you gotta do a little leg work at the travel stations but it’s not too bad. Half the time bl2 tells you an ass backward way to go anyway. Eridian guns are actually pretty awful unfortunately. Ammo regeneration for regular guns is widely abundant. Otherwise, enjoy! Also, yes, phoenix is stupid powerful. Max out intuition, girl power, and mind games and youre like an invincible pinball of firey death.

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #1017

I am much the same with this. If I go to BL2 and come back to the original. I really have to keep pushing thru cause at first, it’s not as pretty/smooth/polished for lack of better terms. But once you get into it, the passion hits me like a ton of bricks and I’m back for awhile once that happens. its very addicting.

(Scridation, Leader of Otters, best in Funk's collection) #1018

Completion!

It took a long time and many fierce battles, but I finally found a texture in Borderlands 1 that isn’t brown.

And who was it told me the vault doesn’t have any awesome loot in it?!

Seriously though, that was a lot of fun. Any recommendations as to what to do next? :bldancing:

(band) #1019

Well, there is the ubiquitous Ideal Playthrough for BL1 guide. Following that it’d say DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN.

You could end PT2 and turn that into PT2.5(scaled) around the mid Lv50s, go on to Knoxx and experience that lovely DLC, and finish off doing whatever you pleased from there.

If you’re unwilling to jump into the muddy sea that is vanil-… Borderlands 1 so quickly, you could visit the muddy greens and blues of Jakobs Cove(DLC1), bully some poor defenseless Claptraps(DLC4), or visit Knoxx early(DLC3). The main problem about doing the DLCs in PT1 is their levels are set depending on where you are in the campaign. Eventually you’ll out-level enemies and rewards. If that’s no problem, carry on, the game will eventually catch up to you in PT2 if you leave some side-missions alone.

Personally, I typically run through PT2> PT2 DLC3> and then finish up with the rest of the PT2 DLCs(1, 2, and 4). If you do that you’ll be on-level for everything and won’t end up playing… tooo many things twice over.

Multiplayer could help with going through PT2 so quickly ahem

I’m sure Trans-Atlantic lag can’t be that bad

(Scridation, Leader of Otters, best in Funk's collection) #1020

Yesss…

Not least because I heard a rumour you can provide the ‘Gamed with Fame’ achievement…

I should probably focus on work for the next few days but may be steam messaging at some point :blleaking:

(Geomason) #1021