What did you do in BL2 during your most recent session?

Jakobs Assassin, not fond of his new melee-centric build, went and made a new build from scratch that he went and tested in a number of places, one of which was Southpaw Steam and Power, where this dude came at me with a Sandhawk. He doesn’t have the speed prefix, nor any bullet speed-enhancing skills, so they were easy to dodge from range.

edit - if some UBA Marauder with an amp shield gets one, will he be Beehawking me? :laughing:

5 Likes

MAYAnaise took on Motor Mama on OP8 whilst carrying a mule.
:fearful:
Never , ever again!

On the plus side I turned in the wanted mission and got a fire Kitten.

3 Likes

Ah yes, the poor man’s difficulty slider. My commiserations. Love the character name, btw.

Hot! :fire: :cat:

2 Likes

TOTES worth it. That gun is so awesome!

The mule got a slag version. :laughing:

Give 'em both to Sal!!

4 Likes

Ok Sal now stands at op1. Sal is probably the most enjoyable run to 72 I ever remember.
Now its over and wished it wasn’t, you know that feeling right? I find myself thinking, “ok now what?”.

I had a 65 Dpuh and I figured I would try for a on level (72 @ the time), first visit he drops a 70 Dpuh, close enough. Crappy sight, crappy grip, who cares, first visit. Now I’m looking for an on level chain lightning. The one I have is level 53. :anguished:

Need a good place for farming them, any suggestions? BA sorcerers drop em? (Wiki says)

Oh yea, I started a krieg for a mule. I got an hour into him. Don’t really like his action skill yet. Hopefully that will change.

2 Likes

Yes, they can drop them. To farm them I like using the sacrificial altar in Dragon Keep.

2 Likes

My spot for those is the room in the Lair of Infinite Agony where you end the quest for Simon and his brother. When you go back, there are 4-ish each fire mage, necromancer, and sorcerer, along with a couple BA instances of each.

Interestingly, I haven’t seen a single Magic Missile with Salvador. Not even the 2x ones that used to drop in there.

1 Like

I’ve used that alter not really knowing what’s going on there. Can you only use it once? Sometimes I only got money.

@TheRAbbi I’ll try that tomorrow…thx

1 Like

There’s another room in the Lair that’s good, too. 2-3 of each common mage, plus 2 (total) BAs. Big open area with lots of stairs.

And you’ll catch a couple on the way up Dragon Keep to the Handsome Sorcerer.

It’s only the x4 Magic Missile that basically requires you to do the BA round of Murderlin’s; all the other spell grenades can be found much more easily elsewhere.

4 Likes

That’s the room you go into for the side quest for Simon, concerning his dead brother, right? That’s a fun room!

Had a dual Melee Zer0 Peak run with a friend. It was an “off host” melee nightmare:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EgTm_IdzdEg

3 Likes

No, this is a different one. Fewer enemy spellcasters. This one has the dice chest downstairs that’s a trap- if you get close, it spawns a ton of skeletons.

1 Like

@Sun_Tsunami your melee Zero play is inspiring. Watching your videos and seeing you live shows you really have him down . I’m might change my zero to the melee version just to see what I’m missing.

@TheRAbbi the lair is not my favorite map, but only because I’m not familiar with it. I now Have a reason, need that chain lighting nade!

4 Likes

Thanks @da6770!

I can show you the run to farm the chain lightning.

3 Likes

Hit me up, still off 2 more days. I’ll be on sometime in the morning. Found a YouTube video, I’m watching it now.

If you don’t like it by level 31 (RtB) you never will. But Krieg is perfectly capable of ignoring his action skill and still being powerful.

3 Likes

Nor mine. But I farmed the living daylights out of it when I was bringing Axton up (he was my first BL2 toon), and kinda learned my way around. The Simon-wizards room is really quick to reach from the fast travel, and is by far the highest density of opportunities you’ll have for spell grenades other than the x4 Magic Missile. (If you run Salvador or Maya, then you don’t really need it anyway and won’t miss it.)

2 Likes

Farmed loot midgies in sawtooth cauldron for hours got some really cool stuff longbow fire bee, slagga, and shredder fire!!!

2 Likes