What did you do in BL2 during your most recent session?

Close, flesh enemies aren’t flesh you’re correct, but they aren’t armor either. They take equal damage from all 3 base elements. Thus since loaders still take more damage from corrosive, that’s usually seen as the best element to use in the peak. (Although I have seen someone say that shock is slightly better against spiderants, I don’t recall why though)

5 Likes

Spiderants have varying elemental resistances on their heads but least of all to shock / most of all to corrosive on some, fire on others. If you can get all crits, corrosive and shock is the same.

5 Likes

The hellfire was a back weapon, I do sport the hornet mostly. In fact, the hornet is one of my favorite weapons in the game so I always have it handy.

I pick up a hard hitting slag Lyuda that I’ve been messing with for slagging. I shoot first with the rifle to slag them and then I phaselock them. The Helios does more damage that way.

I also forgot to mention I’ll be throwing magic missiles or quasar for my nades.

4 Likes

Just to reinforce the anti-Hellfire bit, it’s only good with a fire Bone and you should be switching between shock and corrosive Bones ( don’t bother with an ammo relic, at least initially ). So Hornet.

On topic: finished my least favourite mission : Clan War. I kinda have to as I want dual Maggies . So I sided with the 'dunks.

Then farmed for Maggies and got about six to choose two from.

This belongs on that other thread about learning things ridiculously late but I always assumed you needed to respawn in Lynchwood. Turns out that after the first time in and out of Lynchwood, you can respawn in the Dust two meters from Mick. I’m such an idiot.

8 Likes

Finished NVHM with my Bandit Allegiance Gunzerker. Skipped most of the side missions to try to get through it quickly. Was under-leveled for about the 2nd half of the game.

Died a lot trying to reach Control Core Angel, so once I defeated the BNKER I did the Marcus Saves Mercenary day to try to get some better loot. A Bandit Rocket Launcher was about the only usable loot though.

Got murdered in Hero’s Pass. (a lot)

Once I got through Jack and the Warrior with Bandit Sal I switched over to my “No Restrictions” Sal and took him to the Beatdown.

4 Likes

I decided to finish the BAR Challenge of killing Orcs, killing the treants as well, had 3 bee’s drop in one run

not sure it confirms it, but I always have a Corrosive Vengeful infinity equipped while running the peak and it tends to mow stuff down pretty quick

2 Likes

The Hellfire has no place at the Peak. My personal opinion. Unless your like @bew_ and you’re purposely making it more of a challenge for yourself. :wink: show off! LOL bew has some awesome vids if you haven’t checked the channel. You’re missing out!

This is just visually stunning, imo. :acmaffirmative: Love your vids @bew_

4 Likes

Me too! Best ever, every time!

3 Likes

It depends a bit on character. Hellborn Krieg can still make use of it with burn damage boosts and Elemental Empathy. He can also use the Bad Touch as an SMG but it’s harder to acquire and doesn’t always have as good stats. The flesh enemies don’t take extra damage from fire but it still does the trick :slight_smile:

3 Likes

of course. agreed. I have not taken Krieg through the peak yet. But, Krieg would most likely be the only exception.

1 Like

Slagga, Badaboom, Krieg Class Mods (ok, not weapons…), Tattler, Gub is ok. I’d rather use Bandit than Dahl, which I only realised after committing to a Dahl Allegiance Salvador playthrough :confused:

3 Likes

@gitface191, that’s super funny!

Messed around with the Unofficial Community Patch before logging off after not getting anything done besides increasing the health regeneration of the Legendary Pointman COM. Have not had the time or energy to play like I did previously but hopefully this weekend I can get back into recording.

2 Likes

Of all the Infinities I’ve had drop most are non-elemental, a couple were shock and one fire- have yet to get a corrosive one to drop…

1 Like

I’ve found the Doc Mercy’s on the Peak to be pretty generous. I got a perfect corrosive one with Maya’s run…that I never use :confused:

5 Likes

Took my Vladof Gunzerker out for a spin. He was underlevelled for his story quest (A Dam Fine Rescue) so spent a while eating the dust in ffyl before listening to sense and going to complete some side missions. It’s a while since I’ve played Sal and I need to get used to him again to stop myself going down every other killl (that said I rarely if ever die; he’s brilliant at second winds, especially because I can now Gunzerk while down…).

Then ambushed a coop game with my random 40-something Zer0 (who happened to have some very nice weaponry). Not sure how well I did but I remembered how much I LOVE playing Zer0 in co-op… so much fun :slight_smile: A little tipsy now.

8 Likes

Is that what we’re calling ‘asking on steam if someone wouldn’t mind company’ now?

Good times, I still don’t know how I got you with that res :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I assumed you were in the middle of something but joined you anyway to steal kills :grin:

2 Likes

Maya didn’t mind :wink:

1 Like

Saved Roland from the Bloodshots in my last recording session. Mad Mike glitched out on me and did not spawn with a rocket launcher which forced him into throwing insults and grenades at me. Tested out the gatling version of the Stinkpot which absolutely wrecks loaders after they have been slagged.

I made a Brute explode with the Elephant Gun to which is a first.

6 Likes