What did you do in TPS during your most recent session?

I enjoy resetting resetting and playing through again. I mean who doesn’t love killing Deadlift over and over.

3 Likes

Just got it back again last night. Looked at Athena but didn’t press Continue because I’m saving it for later times, when all is said and done.

Thanks khimerakiller and others. I finally finished the game, and Claptastic Voyage. I didn’t think I would be able to beat EOS and Eclipse on UVHM. But enough jumping up and down in the tube and a decent shotty did the trick. I have now beaten the game with Athena and Jack. I’m now trying to level Jack up to 70. Will drop things off to Athena and Nisha as he finds them.

Don’t think Nisha will finish. She’s good in a mob, but seems the weakest in boss/badass fighting. I only used her to get Athena a level 60 Excalibur, after Athena lost hers. So no biggie.

I’ve decided to abandon my level 7 Claptrap. Just don’t like the weirdness of the skill tree.

Started an Aurelia. I love cryo. So far having fun with her.

My most recent mission I kept restarting the story, with Jack. I wanted to keep beating Holodome level 3 for a new legendary class mod. I’m starting to think the only legendary given out is the Elpis one. The cryo one. It’s fun, but has fewer points and has some odd skill selection. I would have to go wayyyyy down a tree just to the +4.

Next is off to Crisis Scar to shut down the signal. Might start an enforcer soon.

4 Likes

Not true but @khimerakiller could talk your ears off about it. :wink:

Don’t use the randomness-based right hand tree but the others instead. He’s quite literally a blast.
But @khimerakiller could talk your ears off about it, too. :slight_smile:

Those Chronicler of Elpis coms are among the best class mods once you can afford to support them via enough skill points.
But again, @khimerakiller could … You know the drill. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I had a Steam friend msg me about Luck Cannon recipe’s or the best chance to yield a Luck Cannon from the Grinder. I know of no such recipe, nor do I think it exists. I think it’s pure RNG and you can only use variables that make the chance greater. Such as: purple jakobs pistol + DLC legendary + Vanilla or DLC Legendary. I am not sure if using 2 DLC leg’s increase the chance or 1? I’ve not noticed a difference, but I also don’t necessarily pay attention to that specifically when grinding for a Luck Cannon. (This method I haven’t used in years and was on Xbox1, and I’ve heard that the Grinder had an update at some point which made it nearly impossible to get a Luck Cannon)I did attempt a few tries and could only yield a Proletarian Rev pistol out of the DLC legendaries.

I have also used DLC Legendary + Vanilla Legendary + Vanilla Legendary and netted a Luck Cannon from the Grinder. I’m currently in the process of trying the following recipe: DLC leg + DLC Leg+ DLC Leg. all DLC legendaries to see if I get more DLC legedaries as a result from the Grinder.

I’ve been farming EOS again and trying to draw out the phases so I get more opportunities for a Luck Cannon to drop. Those Swarmers drop them for me from time to time, so just having a longer fight allows for more spawns. Apparently, UBA Glitches drop the Luck Cannon but I haven’t seen that for me yet. only the Swarmers drop them for me during that EOS fight.

You can try this, but I would just go with CV leg + any leg + purple.

1. List of Reliable Ingredients for DLC2 Legendaries [WIP]

Luck Cannons

The ingredients for the Pro Revolution seem to also give a Luck Cannon on occasions.

Proletarian Revolution

[ Pro Revolution ] + [ DLC2 Leg Wpn ] + [ Purple Pistol ] ~= Better than Avg. In Getting One
[ Flayer #1 ] + [ Flayer #2 ] + [ Purple Hyperion Pistol ] ~= Better than Avg. In Getting One

Flayers

[ Pro Revolution #1 ] + [ Pro Revolution #2 ] + [ Purple SG ] ~= Better than Avg. In Getting One
[Note: A purple Tediore SG may give better than avg results on occasions]
[ Flayer #1 ] + [ Flayer #2 ] + [ Purple SG ] ~= Better than Avg. In Getting One

DLC2 Weapon Legendary except for the Flayer

The best way to get them is by using this combination
[ Any DLC2 Leg Wpn ] + [ Any Main Game Leg Wpn (or Berrigan RL) ] + [ Desired Type Weapon ]

2 Likes

thanks for the info, but I’m a pretty seasoned vet on the Grinder. Been at this for years now. Takes a little bit to shake the cobwebs off, so-to-speak. The Luck Cannon chance is very low. Been at if for days now. Here is what finally popped up. RNG’s heavy hand! :acmaffirmative:

I’ll keep at it till matching grip shows up.

Date: 12/10/2020 -
New post, dind’t feel like doubling up. lol

I’ve been feverishly farming for a perfect Luck Cannon. matching grip with my sight of choice. I prefer Torgue and Jacobs but will settle for Mal/Dahl sight, the rest I don’t accept. to the grinder they go! lol Farming has really sucked me back in to TPS. I find myself playing with the passion I had years ago. Looking to move on from farming the Luck Cannon, I had a good friend help me out with converting a console save file to PC so I can use gear I spent years farming for on console. A huge thanks to @Geomason for converting the two saves I had. a Nisha and Athena both having gear I spent years farming for. Now, I have that gear on PC, which I quickly moved to my new Nisha. The save file from console has over 30 days worth of play time. To my PC time: 5 days. lol it take a long time to build that kind of time up. On console, there isn’t the afk time you have to take into account like you do on PC. I have a ton of AFK time built up on PC. Console, not so much. When I fired up the game, I didn’t leave it on. I turned off the console. PC I treat differently. its a laptop that no one touches but me. So I can leave a game on and walk away and come back as desired. Needless to say, I’m loving my perfect Dastardly Luck Cannon. I started farming the Holodome rewards per round. I’m currently farming the Badass round reward hoping for a Berrigan to show up.

Edit: 12/11/2020 -
I’ve been farming the badass round mission reward from the Holodome continually. Still no matching grip Berrigan. It doesn’t appear very often. It’s kind of a slog to farm to be honest with how little I see it pop up. A couple days straight of just farming this mission reward and I have seen roughly 4 Berrigans.

3 Likes

Late reply and mini rant:
As a big fan of Hyperion weapons in BL1 (especially stinger SMGs), I was disappointed with the reverse recoil added in BL2. Then I came across Old Hyperion in TPS, and my heart sunk. How could they have alluded to the hot crimson tones of the originals but made them so awful?

Anyway, I’ve been getting back into TPS recently. I never got very far into it before BL3 released, but now I’m back. I got all 6 characters into Concordia, and a few of them a bit further. I’m loving the diversity of the action skills and personalities, and the way they interact with the NPCs during missions/introductions seems more immersive than other BL games.

Just now I had a perfectly timed random NPC line. I got a Rolling Thunder from the grinder, and I decided to throw a grenade because I couldn’t remember what its effect was. I nearly downed myself with all of the explosions going off, and someone said, “Are they trying to kill us with that thing?” Yep. Everyone in this room… including me!

4 Likes

Yeah I was totally wrong about Nisha. Finished game and Claptastic Voyage and is at level 70.

Just stopped short of Hyperion Hub of Heroism(Home Sweet Home) with Aurelia. I find the game goes pretty quickly from here on in.

Still have my Claptrap. Started an enforcer. Seems like a clumsy Zane :slight_smile:

Playing more BL2 these days. Itching to get back to TPS. I’m going on a limb that the Sheriff in Lynchwood is Nisha?

2 Likes

Yes she is.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to do a total run through UVHM without getting killed. Athena so far has done the best. She only got killed twice in main story, and only once in CV. Thanks EOS.

I was surprised that Timothy doesn’t do as well. Outside of his skill, he’s not very survivable. At least not to me. And Nisha can’t even get past Deadlift. I have her armed with a kick butt pistol that destroys mobs, but she still struggles with bosses.

I don’t think I’ll try again until I find a level 70 Thunderfire. I had one but Timothy sold it by mistake. I wouldn’t mind finding another Flakker either. I only have a level 42.

As far as the most recent session I finished CV with Wilhelm. I wasn’t originally going to play Wilhelm, but one thing lead to another. Ready to start him in TVHM. Tinkered with Claptrap a bit. I will probably end up playing through with him also.

1 Like

Try speccing into Teamwork, Winning, Leadership, and then put one point into Optimism. You should be near unkillable.

And then Jack’s action skill refund is so good, that once it’s about half done, just cancel it. Winning and a turtle shield should keep you alive plenty in the short time it takes to get it back.

Nisha does pretty good with 30 stacks of Order and a turtle/high capacity adaptive shield. But she still revolves around killing enemies fast.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll definitely give that a whirl.

1 Like

Deadlift is all shield. If your weapon isn’t high shock damage you’re going to struggle with him with any character. Shock homing or longbow grenades are also useful in this fight, along with a decent shield for yourself.

1 Like

Finish CV on TVHM with Wilhelm and Athena, not sure yet which one i will bring into UVHM first. Also grinding up some leggos for them - a shame that you cannot grind shields/oz kits with the almighty “2 legendaries + 1 purple + moonstones” :frowning:

Also got Claptrap to 70 (my first) and will farm some quest rewards (like Company Man, Shield of Ages…) on max level - as I am in dire need of them, i am at the end of CV to fight 5h4d0w TP and boyyyyy i got my *ss whooped real bad.

1 Like

Corrosive Machine sr and Absolute Zero laser worked well for me, I’m running Ld.Hammerlock.

2 Likes

Have you grabbed the Excalibastard yet?

Not yet, but will it help me on that fight? Shadowtrap is all shield and armor :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, you really need at least one strong shock weapon and a decent corrosive. The other thing when you’re chasing him all over the arena is to get to his new location ASAP as otherwise he’ll regenerate. Longbow/homing shock grenades are a big help. I lucked out and got a couple of decent glitch weapons that nailed that fight.

1 Like

Really, no. It’s not a very good gun.

The Heartful Splodger is an easy to get choice for the corrosive option. Just keep reloading til you get loop.

2 Likes