What did you do in TPS during your most recent session?

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #2424

I don’t play “allegiance” exactly in TPS, but I have divided up all the red-texted gear evenly among my characters, and they don’t get to swap (outside of brief foreign exchange programs). It’s more like a random allegiance. To this end, Nisha has the Razorback, and sticks with it (not because there isn’t a better Diaub around, but because of personal rules about it).

Athena gets the Rapid Release, but I do give Aurelia the Nought to get the most out of Bitter Riposte (as the shortest delay Tediore shield :thinking:)

With BL2/TPS back on track after the botched 1803 update :roll_eyes:, Athena picked up the No Such Thing as a Free Launch mission. One phase of it brings me to the “Printing Error” echo… makes me laugh every time I hear it. I love jump-based combat mechanics, and TPS delivers.

Smite! That zap from the sky is satisfying, and the subsequent nova is like Death From Above with smaller radius (and it’s ‘free’ where Death From Above costs Anarchy).

Hades’ Shackles! Combining this with Epicenter means that per jump, I get a singularity to pull enemies close for slam damage and Hades Shackles’. :heart: I also love stacking as many damage mechanics onto as many enemies as possible. With my shield up addressing a crowd, I’ll slam down for Epicenter, slam damage, and Hades’ Shackles, let them beat on my shield for some Prismatic Aegis and Superconductor (no Return Fire, lest it kill them prematurely in these sorts of situations). As Hades’ Shackles starts popping novas (and damaging nearby enemies), I’ll release the Aspis which will bounce to other enemies with Wrath of the Goddess, all of whom should be close enough together that Zeus’ Rage will overlap. If I’m lucky, I’ll see Flereous (Overload) somewhere in the chaos.

Then Athena will do that deep laugh, and I might swoon a little.

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #2425

EeyAurelia took the tour at Titan Industrial today. Helped thin the Tork herds, rescued Gladstone, and then built Felicity’s new body, which of course had to be put down promptly afterward. After that a brief walk through the haunted sublevel before she had a look at Moxxi’s toy box. Decided to wait at the beginning of the Hyperion Hub of Heroism until morning. Level 19.9, ready to pull out the Machine that was waiting in the customs locker.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #2426

Wilhelm rolled the Veins of Helios and picked up the In Perfect Hibernation mission. Then he picked up the Badass Holodome round… I forgot how nutty this was; I think I was staring down three Radiant Virtuous Ophas (with a cadre of Guardian Gargaunts) near the end (with visits from Felicity and Flameknuckle). My attempts to play King of the Hill on the main ring were very short lived. He was loaded as follows:

• Frigida
  • Zappinator
  • Party Line
  • Shredifier (corrosive)
  • Haymaker
  • Ack Ack
  • Celestial Enforcer
  • Tesla

With the Shredifier and Ack Ack, anything airborne was as good as dead. If they were over the void/blades, I’d use a Frigidia and if I froze them before they died, I’d save ammo and let them fall to their death.

Despite pulling it off in one try, I went into FFYL maybe four times. At one of these, I had to rely on the Termination Protocols detonation to revive me. Once up, I jumped away only to fly past an Arch Exalted (which have a shock radius like Witch Doctors)… I was back into FFYL before I hit the ground. This is early in the leap after the Second Wind which will bring me right past it. :laughing:

The Haymaker is a nice adaptive shield, but I find it tricky to wind up in a situation where I have DoT and am in a position to melee an enemy to transfer it, though I think it happened twice during this fight. Frozen enemy + explosive damage + melee damage + critical hit lets me finish off most with one hit.

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #2427

EeyAurelia looked a little crestfallen today, so I took her back to Helios in an attempt to lift her spirits. Got into Jack’s Office, and through R&D. After blowing some scientific types out of an airlock we consoled ourselves with some whimsy and murder (TM @FunkJunkie, best thread title ever :grin:) rounding up and completing all of the sidequests there before bouncing around the Veins of Helios. Kicked back at the beginning of the Lunar Launching Station to wait out the night (currently level 22 and a bar). We’ll open up that fast travel and circle back to the sidequests in the overly tapped veins of some tweaker named Helios before pushing the story any further.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #2428

I’ve switched back to my mixed (BL2/TPS) dice for now, and they rolled Claptrap in Regolith Range where he picked up the Last Requests mission.

Deadlift was unfortunate in that I rolled Pirate Ship mode at exactly the right time. These last few salvos near the end polished him off here. I can aim them fairly well if neither the target nor myself are moving, but the first 3/4 of this mode was spent with me chasing him around the map and trying to arc the cannonballs right while flying true.

That explosion at the top of the shot? Long Distance Hyperion Punch… I still don’t quite understand its targeting mechanism (sometimes it derps out on very close enemies).

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #2429

EeyAurelia did all of the sidequests in the world’s largest, and fullest of gaps, bouncy house. (I think the names the boils get during the Space Hurps quest are great. Better with butter, Vegans are weird, hehe) She exited into the Lunar Launching Station and knocked out all of the sidequests there. The Sunshine shield we got for tricking the defector into the moonshot shell had one of the best delays I’ve seen on a shield yet, so we equipped it and retired the level 3 Rapid Release (still hoping for a good purple tediore somewhere along the line). After doing all of Tassiter’s dirty work we shut down the eye, attempted the Humpty Dumpty, and then headed for Vorago Solitude. Stopped there for the night. Level 26 ish, and chomping at the bit.

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #2430

@paulothead
Just moving this to the right section. IIRC i have a lvl 50 clap trap and a couple other low level characters on ps3. I’d be willing to start fresh or whatever you want. If it works out I’ll even buy the dlcs

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #2431

@Piemanlee
My Nisha (37) and Clappy (36) are both ready to start TVHM, and my Aurelia is about to finish the vanilla game in normal with plans to take on the Claptastic Voyage. I plan on starting a new toon when Aurelia finishes up, so maybe a fresh start would be best. I’m on the east coast (NYC), and usually play during the day, but am willing to schedule sessions. Shoot me a friend request (psn Hanzothesaw) and we’ll get it sorted.

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #2432

We’re in the same timezone. I work 7am-4pm most days. Normally play a couple hours between 6 and 10. I’m pretty sure my old psn was pooptang, but I’ll include my forum name in the message when i send it.

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #2433

I hope that’s it, I would laugh every time I saw it on screen. I’ll get a mic sorted in preparation. If I have the dlc could you play if I hosted? Also, I’ll double check my psn id. I think that’s it, but it never hurts to be sure.

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #2434

I don’t own one, i always just used messages or we could set up a PM on these forums and use it.

This i don’t know. We can always try. I don’t mind spending the money to buy the 2 dlcs if needed.

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #2435

Gotta say, this has me pretty pumped. I hope my wife doesn’t hate me too much for gaming in the evenings. :grin:

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #2436

Claptrap rolled The Cortex and fought/ran his way there where he went for a spin in the Mutator Arena. He picked Bloody Good (activating Action Skill causes bleeding with better cooldown on the skill) and Spray’n’Pray (bonus damage for hip firing) because these had glitch chests for rewards (difficulty level 1 because I wasn’t sure how stiff those options were). Meh - not a fan of either of those game options (they’re just sort of passive and make me want to limit my gameplay options (no ADS nore Action Skill). Still - was a hoot. I summoned this guy when the going got tough (repeated slams to dump Cryogenic Exhaust to keep the enemies stunned until the nova fired).

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #2437

Try level 9 mutator with melee Athena. XD

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #2438

What makes that arena great is that the highest level is actually really hard. I like the fact that there’s a difficulty that I cannot handle when there’s a range of options from which to choose, so I can set the difficulty just right. TPS doesn’t have an OP system do do this for the regular campaigns, but the Mutator Arena does.

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #2439

EeyAurelia took all of the Vorago Solitude sidequests followed by the final steps in the vanilla story today. Nothing good from the Sentinel. Turned it into Jack a bar below 29, so she headed over to Serenity’s Waste (packing a level 28 Flayer that has been passed down since Clappy found it) and pounded Iwajira until she hit 30. Then she started a very Claptastic Voyage. All the way to Fyrestone, cleared that area, and then decided to chill for the night. She’ll continue giving Clappy a mental enema tomorrow.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #2440

So I haven’t played Aurelia for so long, I forgot several of her game mechanics. Nosing through the loadout and build I left her jogged my memory about how I played her.

For example, she’s got a nice glitched Torgue pistol. I figured it was her explosive weapon for handling frozen enemies (which is her thing). I forgot about Silver Lining… reload the gun until some glitch fires up, launch her action skill, and whenever an enemy is frozen, aim for a critical shot. The glitch and explosive vs. frozen enemy is a safe bet for an instant kill and adds a round to the magazine. Most glitches will still out-consume this, but it does make them last longer than they otherwise would.

She’s got an Omni-Cannon… it’s deceptive to use, because it looks like the sway has burned off until you fire and it goes wide. Case in point: note that I’m zoomed in squarely on his face with the red dot, but see the shot going below and to the left (that will totally whiff). Another moment or two and that wouldn’t have happened (I don’t know why I keep treating it like a Jakobs… probably the skin (I’m used to Hyperion sniper rifles having vibrant colors)). In the next frame, I’ll see the red dot zip down to the left.

I like cramming damage into shots; though this body shot with cryo against a shielded enemy is no ball of fire, it does demonstrate some things about her damage output:

• 76297 is the base damage
  • 113K is the explosive damage from the gun
  • 45778 is from Long-Range Killer (full 60%… I should do experiments to see what they consider “long”)
  • 9156 is from Custom Loads

In this shot, you can see amp trails from the Rerouter, dust particles from Systems Purge, an explosive nova from Custom Loads, and a healing nova from Magic Bullet. I love shooting Elpisians out of the air so much that I kept restarting this map just to do this… I love enemies that leap at me with big, long arcs, so I can draw down on them out of the air.

(Jack of all trades, master of one.) #2441

Using Razorback, huh? How does it feel on lvl 70? I just never really used it.

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #2442

EeyAurelia reassembled the bridge in Fyrestone, and then started collecting sidequests. MINAC, Chip, and then back to the Nexus. Took Id and Ego trap’s jobs, and collected that stuff on the way to Overlook. Activated the fast travel, and then dipped back into the motherless board to finish those off and corrode Clappy’s dignity. (Has anyone else noticed that if you collect 4 of Ego Traps trophies, activate the Fast travel in Overlook and go back for the 5th you’ve already collected it?) Corroded some dignity, helped Id get ready for the vomitorium, inflated and deflated the ego, and then headed back to Overlook. Gave that suppressed memory a laxative and then forced the Denial Subroutine to admit that it was in denial. Opened up the Subconscious, picked up the Overlook sides, announced the Byte club, ran into Felicity, and stopped just shy of trying to purge Teh Earworm. Next time, on Tripping the light Claptastic.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #2443

It kills things without issue? Aurelia can bring some pain with sniper rifles, so if I was using one that was actually bad, she’d probably still rock it.

For this run through Pity’s Fall, I had Moxxi’s Vibra Pulse, the Razorback, the Omni Cannon, and Kaneda’s Laser. Everything was snipe material there: distant targets got the Omni Cannon, and close targets got the Razorback (the Vibra Pulse and Kaneda’s Laser were “oh crap” weapons).