What did you do in your most recent session, PT2!

Once you get to where the Gluttonous Thresher is supposed to spawn, you can jog over to the big door where the Constructor spawns in to trigger the New-U station. Then, Mr. Thresher should appear for your dispatching pleasure.

1 Like

Tried farming the fastball and striker yesterday. No results sadly. I haven’t had a fastball ever that I can remember

Day 8 - After a brief hiatus where I played through Wolfenstein: The New Order after getting it on sale, Maya beat the Warrior around level 58, then went to 60 on Eridium Blight quests, then started clearing Lynchwood. McNally dropped a 61 Cowboy Hammer Buster - oh well, one more level until she can use it. Shot a bunch of cars in the Dust before remembering she had the Hyperion Contract quest, crap. Oh well. With her ruin build, it’ll be hard as hell to control what bandits die of anyway.

Lynchwood’s now about half done. Two of the four optional goals for Hyperion done. I would’ve done a third, but way too many bandits died of that crazy corruption DoT.

5 Likes

You have to trigger the fast travel at the Fridge side of Outwash first.

2 Likes

if I had known you was taking pictures, Iwould have cleaned up some of the trash off the floor :relaxed:
now everyone knows what a trashy Bar I keep :joy: :wink:

5 Likes

You may not be aware but…People have started to murmur…

We’ve all known about how you keep your BAR…

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Snowman has been stingy the last few days so I am running tubbies in the Dust today. Not sure what I’m looking for, but fun nonetheless!

3 Likes

Did a few Midget farming runs in Thousand Cuts with my Rough Rider/Banshee Maya, got a Shock Bone, only OP6 though

Respecced my mid 50s Zero to melee for the first time since NVHM and ran the Tina DLC up to the Kings. Most fun I’ve had in that DLC dealing with the skeletons. Not looking forward to the Kings, but only a half level from Kunai which should help

3 Likes

Short night tonight, just Sal starting up Tina’s DLC, ending at the start of Immortal Woods. One FFYL, against the Warlord, but it wasn’t hard to get back up (second wind off the warlord - style points! :stuck_out_tongue: ). No Monk COM yet, not that I expected any. The Forest seems like the best farming area, though I’ll finish IW first in case chests there contain anything useful. Hopefully this isn’t the start of a painful and lengthy ordeal like Ninja_Mrrr’s CN Necromancer saga!

5 Likes

Day 9 - Lynchwood. Bloodshot. Sawtooth. Caverns. Quests and their XP dropping like rain. Maya went from 61 to 63, and anything she even paints with her level 50 Cuting Slagga melts between the slag and Acid Cloud, let alone phaselock. I’ve deliberately tried to stick to phaselock to slow down the death and let her farm the crouching achievement and skin with her Hammer Buster. …she’s got about 1400 to go now. I keep thinking about just bagging UVHM for now and taking her back to normal to farm, but I figure I may as well get XP while I’m at it.

Noticed the huge difference my leg COM makes in letting me kill Blue. Without it, I can’t kill his legs before he regrows them, even with the Buster. Meanwhile, threshers are my bane, since I can’t heal off of them. Bleah.

8 Likes

I finished pushing myself through op8 with a friend on my Krieg and we headed out to kill Pete. With 2 other randoms it wasn’t too hard although we had a casualty rate (I was one of the 2 that made it so score)
We didn’t find too much in terms of loot from him. I managed to get an op7 corrosive fastball from boll witch is kinda helping me force my way through the story mode.

4 Likes

Got lucky earlier. One of my buddies didn’t know about the Rocko’s Modern Strife thing to eliminate enemies for midget farming, so he started doing it. But thankfully, I travelled so it made it “fail” the mission. I thought that would still mess it up, but it did not. As long as you either a) don’t talk to Rocko or B) fail the mission midway, the exploit still works.

And also…working on my BAR so there’s that.

3 Likes

Day 10 - More quests. Three Horns. Southpaw. Fridge. Fink. Maya graduated to Zero’s old level 64 Buster, then on to 66. Farmed some eridium on GunMule01. (I wonder what other people do? The Leprechaun seems fastest to me for a solo level 15; good for a quick 8 to 12.) Found runner skin #68; one to go. About 1200 kills left to AR skin.

5 Likes

Day 11 - More quest grinding for Maya. Highlands. Clan War. Tundra. Level 68. 900 AR kills left. Grind grind grind.

6 Likes

I finally had some time to play BL2 some more.

Krieg did yet more farming, looking for Fastballs. First run, Savage Lee spawned by the fast travel and dropped a Harold at level 64, then Boll dropped a level 66 incendiary Fastball. Don’t care about the Harold, but the Fastball is nice. Unfortunately I incorrectly calculated that the level 62 explosive I’m trying to replace was still marginally better than the new fire Fastball (which would be true against loaders or element-neutral enemies, but is quite wrong if one accounts for the fire vs. flesh multiplier :dukefp: ). So I wasted time doing five more runs looking for an explosive Fastball and finding only a level 65 Harold. Lee was both generous and fond of the fast travel today, apparently.

Onwards to Haunted Hollow, where Krieg found the normal number of tubbies (0). Getting close to 67, at least.

Then Sal helped the Crestfallen Player and became a Knight of Cupcakes and Justice and Stuff (and level 54). Carpet bombing dense spawns (particularly crystal skeletons) with Double Your Fun Bonus Packages was quite entertaining. :slight_smile: :boom: Since that’s as far as he’s going in Tina’s DLC until level 72, it was time to go back to The Forest and do a bit of chest farming looking for a Monk COM he can use. No luck so far, but I have established that tagging a couple pixies and just running through without fighting anything works fine. It’s not like Sal cares about getting Bees, so no need to waste the time fighting.

4 Likes

Farming with Sal - three sprints through the first half of the Forest, no Monk COMs. Having a double speed buff from the two pixies was pretty amusing though.

Time to take a break and do something that isn’t farming. So Zero finished NVHM, my sixth and final character to do so. Hero’s Pass and the Warrior were the same routine as always at this level. Sniping to Save the Turrets (BAR passed 50k, woohoo!), Lady Fist for the constructors. Zero got good use out of Unforeseen, since that took out the digi-Jacks nicely and made that fight even faster. It’s convenient how Jack holds still to be Lady Fisted to death when he turns to call for reinforcements at his console. Then Lady Fist Way of the Warrior as is traditional. Ding 30, half a level left until kunai!

Then back to farming. Krieg did four HH runs, and he found a tubby! :astonished: And it dropped an orange buzz-axe blade!! :smiley: Legendary Torch… :unamused: I’m starting to wonder if Krieg will find a Legendary Reaper around the time Zed finds a usable spleen…

Since Sal and Krieg are both hunting COMs, what the heck, I’ll take Axton out to look for a Leg. Soldier. Off to the snowman, and after a looong fight mostly hiding back at the rear corner of the elevator Axton finally killed it. Nothing useful from the train, sadly. I continue to be disappointed in Axton’s wimpy dps and poor survivability.

5 Likes

What level is your Axton? I’ve never felt wimpy in the dps department. Guess it depends on your playstyle. But a torque build with a grenadier com. Or if you got ucp(L. grenadier which is unfair from a console user pov but more power to you). I’m trying a dahl allegiance build but if you want easy I can’t really say it is. Depends on how well you use dahl. And I’m pretty sure if your worried about skills the cookie cutter is a good mob and boss build and it has lvl50 and 61 variants I think. As for Shields the bee can add dps for you while the turrets take fire. Otherwise an antagonist from the vender or blockade from the raid boss work great or a sham.

Also to add some input for my recent session I was farming the pimp. Sandhawk and rapier. Pimps in all flavors and sandbanks with the flying prefix in fire and shock. And obviously the only good rapier which is slag. Screwed up the whoops quest by accepting it at lvl 72​:expressionless: the second run. Lucky enough the to get a Banbury fire and flying fire sandhawk in only a few runs. Next up is a slag pimp to try the offhand glitch. Used it with a fire pimp and a Ahab and it’s stupid powerful even though not maxed. Now to farm tina class mods to boost money shot potential. Basically want this stuff to :fuelpump: my raid addiction that’s about to start.

4 Likes

Well I just started my first allegiance playthrough, I have made it more difficult by using a character that I am unfamiliar with, Kreig (manufacturer Vladof). I have only played him once and that was only through normal mode. This has been a steep learning curve on many fronts. Have reached level 14 but am still lacking a shield and relic. I may have made a mistake with choosing Vladof for the manufacturer but I didn’t want to make it to easy with Torgue or Bandit, now I am thinking I should have just made it easy.
Any suggestions on what some good items are that I should target? I picked up an infinity (level 9) and have a storm front (level 13) for the grenade mod so that is pretty much how I am surviving right now.

2 Likes

@kiwigjt any Meat Man is a good Meat Man, but my first concern is what com ? I don’t think they make one.
Here:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: That used to be a simple link until a few days ago … Anyhow if you look down in the BL2 section it has all Vladof’s gear. From it i think you’ll be ok for weapons, a Transformer or any absorb shield offering resistance to elements (maybe not fire in the long run), the 1340 Shield can come with that. You might need to bend the self imposed rules a tiny bit :wink: Good luck and i hope that helps, and i didn’t just mention something you already know :+1:

2 Likes

Axton is 56, building towards Double Up/Gemini (currently has Double Up, Longbow, and about halfway through the survival tree). Regarding the UCP, as noted in other threads, my position is disinterest and mild disdain. :slight_smile: The Bee - if Axton needs it in situations where other VHs don’t, that’s pretty much the definition of wimpy dps right there. Anyway, he’s been mostly retired for about six months now. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that he’s a very poor match for me. If he could get a Leg. Soldier and/or reach 68, he’d probably be OK, but neither is very likely to happen.

On topic:

Sal did a couple more Forest runs looking for a Monk COM. The second time he went all the way down to the mimic chest in the orc camp, and it had three Monks! All purple with +4 M$, sadly, but one was CE with +5 Asbestos. Comparing performance on treants with the Leg. Berserker, the Monk wins handily, even a garbage purple like that. Good enough for now.

Next, he did the Ol’ Slappy quest to unlock Striker farming. Naturally a Striker dropped, and equally obviously it had useless parts (mag size 3). :roll_eyes: Then Sal chilled with some bandits because I like that side quest, and went back to Sanctuary while I decide what to do next with him.

Gaige did the WEP and reached level 42. One death, because unlike Krieg and Sal she does not laugh at rabid stalkers. She did get the Pimon & Tumbaa challenge done, though. Lots of purples and blues during the run, but by far the best loot drop was a perfect parts green Coach Gun. That’s a nice gun! :heart_eyes:

Then one more HH run with Krieg before logging off. Nothing, as usual.

I’d just suggest that you do casual allegiance rather than strict allegiance. I believe every single one of Krieg’s COMs is from Bandit, so you’re going to have at least one empty slot if you go strict allegiance. Items - I think the only Vladof gear my Krieg has right now is the Rapier. It’s fairly easy to get and you’ll never need to replace it (it’s for stabbing things, so gun damage is irrelevant). Good luck!

4 Likes