What did you do in your most recent session, PT2!

Not really… I use Shadowplay’s DVR, and when something neat happens, I commit it to video with a quick keystroke. Then I review the video afterwards and grab the appropriate shot. Trying to catch good ones on the fly is hard.

Case in point! Hyperion Siren went to Oasis and played Shade’s Wingman. Still hopped up on sniper Maya, I wanted to snipe two things on this relatively simple mission: a Sandworm, and a Rabid Stalker. The Sandworm wasn’t too bad, but the Rabid Stalker left a few scars before I got one.

Also, this guy came at me with an Infection. I switched to a Neogenator (overleveled by three clicks over the gun), and a single DoT application still ate through two thirds of the shield before it wore off. Another shield, some on-level thing, or a second application would probably have killed me with that same shot.

6 Likes

I’ve had that happen before but I was also able to walk thru the bars of Moxxi’s cell- if it happens to you again give it a try… @paulothead- (in order of easiest to hardest- at least for me) Sal, Maya, Axton, Gaige, Zero, Krieg. Zero’s order will depend on if you’re doing melee or guns…

7 Likes

Bandit Mechromancer ran through Hero’s Pass with a loadout not up to my playstyle (I died several times). Evolution, Slagga, Orc (corrosive), Dart (fire), Prazma Canon (corrosive), Legendary Anarchist, Bone (corrosive) and MRUV (shock). The Evolution is cute for DoT, but is otherwise very soft.

Fun fact: Deathtrap’s Stare can go through ION Loader shields. Good if there’s a person hunkering down in there, but otherwise useless on high-level Loaders.

4 Likes

If I’m being completely honest with everyone, myself included, I’m a tad intimidated by the prospect of the Peak. More specifically by Krieg vs. the Peak because I feel like most of what I’ve read here on the forums points to Hellborn and I prefer to avoid DOTs as much as possible. I had considered trying to roll Sal first, because I assumed Sal would be the “easiest” and then I could use him to farm gear for everyone else. On the other hand, I rarely make the easy decision in real life, why should Pandora be any different? Also, would it be a better idea to work a toon as far as I can before moving on to the next one, or would keeping them around the same OP level be feasible/practical?

6 Likes

Enemies need to die and I mean die quickly.

I support your Bee use, I am a Bee user and i believe it makes me a better defensive player. Keeping it up is a skill on its own.

I think I even run the peak one time wherein enemies failed to break my shield until I get swarmed by Black Queens babies (for me that is the next difficult area after the 4 assassins).

and I sub :sunglasses::+1:

5 Likes

I managed to get my most recent Krieg to OP4 just going left and middle tree. It started to get hard in the last run, but I did it all with Leg Sickle ( except bosses when I went Crunch ). The point is : there are many ways to get Krieg to OP4, but beyond that things get hard ( at which point I become useless ).

I think it’s great in one way to stagger your toons by 2 levels so you can punt gear down ; it also keeps you in the mode - success in one run feeds the next character.

Conversely, you run the risk of getting ground down - the Peak can get pretty frustrating and tiresome. It’s perfectly acceptable to halt at a given OP level ( OP4 for several of my characters ).

Also , I do recommend getting Sal and Maya there first : they’re both the best equipped to deal with the Peak and will allow you to get accustomed to the layout, general strategy, etc.

Also remember HD’s guide and the elemental anomalies.

5 Likes

Full disclosure, I’ve got both of those links bookmarked, and without them I’d still be viewing the Peak as a No-Go zone in my fast travel menu. If it weren’t for my compulsive “I want to go everywhere at least once” mindset it might not have gotten this far. I had thought about Sal and Maya for similar reasons, and am glad to hear that I’m not completely round the bend. However, @HeavenlyAnarchy and @CommonDefence seemed excited about hearing about Kriegtopher stumbling through, so I might try those three on a rotation and start threads for commiseration and possible advice on my endeavors. Thank you bunches.

5 Likes

Hellborn is viable, I used Hellborn+Mania. Admittedly I got help in the last couple of runs, but I feel like I could have done it if i’d been more patient.

4 Likes

I just ran a gun Kreig through the peak with a few friends… TWISTER KREIG IS ALL POWERFUL SHOTGUN GLORY

2 Likes

Kriegtopher is addicted to bloodsplosions and RtB, so I’ll probably see how far that’ll get me before I branch out into his firebug nature. Because SWORDSPLOSION!!! and Kerblaster. :bomb::boom:

3 Likes

I believe this to be the case, but I’m not sure I’m ready to strap in for that farm. Maybe one day…

2 Likes

This. I went to OP8 with Sal first because, frankly, he can just facetank through everything as long as you hit something. With Maya, though she’s still strong (and laughs at those frickin’ turrets thanks to Cloud Kill), you’re not gonna quite be able to get in everyone’s face like Sal can and you need to learn some tactics. After getting those two to OP8, I feel a little more confident in maybe getting some others up there in the future (I have an Axton at OP3, a Krieg at OP1 (though OP1 isn’t that big a deal really), and a Gaige at OP4). And I just realized, I have no Zer0 at any OP level. Jeez. Time to change that!)

Yup, that’s what led me to want to go all the way to OP8, the desire to see and experience everything the game has to offer. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I fixed that one for you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My Terramorphous kill with Melee Zer0 ended uploading :

6 Likes

My most recent Vault Hunter on a game that isn’t quite BL2 finished NVHM story, he killed the final boss I can’t mention here with a weapon that’s in both games: FLAKKER

2 Likes

Maliwan Mechromancer played some King of the Hill under the bridge to Overlook. Then Gaige noticed that she was full of Eridium, and I can’t stand the thought of picking up Eridium when it won’t go to any use, so she went to Wam Bam Island for some treasure chests.

I bought four treasure syringes, spent three on the pods there, quit, restarted, ran to one of the fresh pods, and no syringe. Apparently they can’t be banked between games.

3 Likes

Well damn, I don’t think I even tried :frowning:

2 Likes

So it begins… I took Salvester to the Peak for the intro tour. I failed once due to mismanagement of gunzerk and an overly aggressive approach to a BAR-TNK, but

on the second try. Rubi and Harold one pair, Grog and level 70 Striker the other. I’ll probably unlock OP1 with Maytastrophe and Kriegtopher before I forge ahead with the next round.

3 Likes

Nice, just a tip, it works better with the Harold in his main hand if you’re using that combo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m not committed to that particular ball of cheese, I was just a little nervous about losing my Digistructed virginity, but I’ll make that switch next time. :+1:

3 Likes