What did you do in your most recent session, PT2!

I’m on PS4, I would love to check out a Bekah, at OP2 I would think a 72 Bekah would still be viable.

4 Likes

not on sal with my level of expertise… I have only one rule for guns… it has to kill things or else but I will gladly let you have mine… zero would have loved it though… now he is OP8 it just needs some time to figure out…

4 Likes

You are on PS4?
Im at work right now but online most evenings. That’s really cool. Thanks!

3 Likes

send me a pm here with your PS4 handle I will keep an eye out for you when I am on

3 Likes

Maybe it’s the text and my imagination, but that sounds like a lot of work for one enemy. And also hard to do with a controller. :thinking:

2 Likes

@Sylvanei and anyone else looking at trying melee : Striker got his MMF guide finished :grinning::tada::sparkler::confetti_ball:

5 Likes

Ouch, 25 minutes is quite long for one skill. I’ll try and load it sometime on my terrible internet.

2 Likes

I couldn’t help but notice… Fire Nova Shield and no Maylay Shield? MADNESS!!!
(That’s probably Flame of the Firehawk though.)

2 Likes

It’s hide of terra. A melee shield :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Duh. lol
I’m an idiot, Hide of Terramorphous never crossed my mind. =|

1 Like

It looks like more than it is, but I enjoy this sort of gameplay where I stack buffs while dancing around an enemy like that. In practice, most enemies are dead by the time you hit your stride with that, but big fellas need the whole tango.

In UVHM though, unless you’re plowing them with a one-shot kill cannon, this is about right? If you want to rock MMF chains, shield stripping, timing/limiting kunai, prioritizing enemies is about the same amount of overhead. For sniping, I throw together a similar set of stacks that allow me to one-shot most enemies (without slag) in a mob (and I’m all excited because I finally figured out how to incorporate Rising Sh0t into all this).

5 Likes

Hm. Wasn’t expecting that much effort. I was thinking that you could do a build like this. Doing so gives you plenty of gun damage and melee damage, sporting a plethora of bonuses. Tacking on Headshot & Killer in late UVHM (and Bore, of course). So the cycle would be something more simplistic like…

Shoot an enemy (with slag) to activate Be Like Water, activate Deception, throw all your Kunai out, go around to their back for Backstab, proc Execute, they die. Assuming they die, you can then be a rolling ball of damage since you now have Killer and Followthrough active, amping your damage.

And for the moments when your Deception is down or something messes it up, you still have lots of bonuses through Rising Shot, Ambush, Killing Blow, Followthrough and Backstab for some hybrid damaging goodness. Along with Headshot & Killer later on to give you more painful gun goodness, or to further facilitate crit melee attacks if you can land them.

3 Likes

After a time of turning The Fridge upside down, Miss Management dings 24, and then 25. She can now use her Bitch and smack bandits and loaders upside the face with it.

And not gonna lie… it’s borderline OP in Normal mode where only a few critical hits can take down an enemy.

5 Likes

Did anyone else get a GBX TOS pop up on launch tonight?

It was dated August 8th.

?

2 Likes

I did too.
It was weird.

1 Like

Me three…I noticed the date as well.

1 Like

Yeah that did strike me as strange. Didn’t really pay it much attention though, there was much shooting to do, and boy, did I do a lot of it.

Unsurprisingly, BNK3R took a long time to kill because it’s so meaty. Didn’t help that I died once when it was down maybe 80% of his HP or so, but kill it I did. I went through all of my AR ammo twice over at least. Mostly because I was saving shotgun ammo for any Loaders that spawned so I could one shot the thing and start paying attention to BNK3R again, so I wasn’t really swapping guns types to much, though I still ran out of shotgun ammo a lot. I suspect that’s because it eats 4 ammo a shot, but it was worth it for the 1hko potential on all those loaders. Anyways, BNK3R didn’t actually drop anything really neat unfortunately. That part sucked. Finished the following section without issue because my Anarchy was stacked so high thanks to BNK3R. Hit 65 for killing a defenseless little girl and called it a night.

6 Likes

Saw it… was coasting through the startup menus with my keyboard and didn’t realize what it was until it was gone.

3 Likes

So…this happened. When @Captain_Conundrum made this gracious offer I didn’t know what to expect. I’ve always wanted a Bekah but have never seen one. I’ve farmed Tubbies until I’m blue in the face. Most of the time I get Leg Class mods for characters I don’t use or WTF shields. I’ve only ever gotten one pearl from a tubbie and that was a DVA stalker.
Anywho, @Captain_Conundrum walked in on Jakobs Zer0 cheesing Pete( had actually made an honest attempt at Pete prior, but that’s another story) and dropped off the goods. This was not only a Bekah, but a perfect one at that. Jakobs grip, Dahl Stock and Boss Prefix.

Only problem…it’s 2 levels under…I hate to even mention that because I don’t want to seem ungrateful as I am extremely grateful. I took it for a spin, leaving Petes Bar and working my way back to the Fast Travel. The 72 Bekah performed extremely well at OP2. I was not disappointed at all as it exceeded my expectations. I ran it through Southpaw and it had no issues there either.

That said, I have a 72 Zer0 that I haven’t played in quite some time and decided to let him have a try at it. As expected the 72 Bekah performs even better at level. So it was at this point I decided that I to start another Jakobs Assassin at 72.

First I dumped all his non Jakobs weapons except for a slag-pimp for emergencies. This left 72 Jakobs Zer0 with a purple Huntin Coach, Skookum Callipeen, Loaded Maggie and of course the Boss Bekah. He also has a couple other Jakobs weapons in his backpack.

I reset his play through and sent him on his way.

He made it to Sanctuary with very little issue. While he has Type-O slag grenades, with the Bekah they are rarely needed. I did use them on Boom/Bewm and Flynt. This gun tears through most enemies with ease. Also ammo was never a problem. I was never in danger of running out.

The one thing I would like to get for Jakobs Zer0 v2 is an Allegiance Relic with recoil reduction. The Bekah is totally usable without, but there is a significant difference that I noticed w/ OP2 Jakobs Zer0 who has the relic.
I predict that this gun will pass through Claptraps locker between the two Jakobs Assassins on a regular basis. It’s a shame that this gun is so hard to find, because it really is a spectacular weapon.

But…there’s even more to this story. While we were arranging the exchange, @Captain_Conundrum told me that he was also going to give me a bonus weapon . Again, I had no idea what this would be. I was really focused on the Bekah and didn’t think much about said bonus weapon.

So what did @Captain_Conundrum include with the Bekah?

A friggin TumTum Cobra with matching grip and Dahl Stock! Are you kidding me? I really didn’t expect that! I really haven’t given the Cobra much attention yet. I know it has a very low fire rate, but it’ll come in handy I’m sure.

Two extremely rare weapons with excellent parts/prefixes. To borrow from @SomeRandomGuy11,
@Captain_Conundrum is a champion bloke of the highest order!

P.S. @Adabiviak the new 72 Jakobs Assassin already had a Stinkpot in his locker…and now it’s in his backpack :sunglasses:

12 Likes

I am sure everybody is enjoying your excitement… but to be fair all the people here are really great people I have been reading a lot… and this board has made the game much more fun for me… people here have done the same for me… I always appreciated it… ya I think there is a lot of 72 gear out there built up before the OP levels came out… people are a lot more generous with 72 gear once I got into OP levels when swapping things for a good bee shield… even though I really didn’t want them… except because i new they were cool… I have a few I will probably not use before blds 3 comes out :crossed_fingers:… and to be real I am sure that those guns still exist in a save file somewhere… enjoyment is contagious too! Thanks :v::boom:

9 Likes