What did you do in your most recent session, PT2!

My most recent Vault Hunter on a game that isn’t quite BL2 finished NVHM story, he killed the final boss I can’t mention here with a weapon that’s in both games: FLAKKER

2 Likes

Maliwan Mechromancer played some King of the Hill under the bridge to Overlook. Then Gaige noticed that she was full of Eridium, and I can’t stand the thought of picking up Eridium when it won’t go to any use, so she went to Wam Bam Island for some treasure chests.

I bought four treasure syringes, spent three on the pods there, quit, restarted, ran to one of the fresh pods, and no syringe. Apparently they can’t be banked between games.

3 Likes

Well damn, I don’t think I even tried :frowning:

2 Likes

So it begins… I took Salvester to the Peak for the intro tour. I failed once due to mismanagement of gunzerk and an overly aggressive approach to a BAR-TNK, but

on the second try. Rubi and Harold one pair, Grog and level 70 Striker the other. I’ll probably unlock OP1 with Maytastrophe and Kriegtopher before I forge ahead with the next round.

3 Likes

Nice, just a tip, it works better with the Harold in his main hand if you’re using that combo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m not committed to that particular ball of cheese, I was just a little nervous about losing my Digistructed virginity, but I’ll make that switch next time. :+1:

3 Likes

Hey, I know people crap all over Sal and his cliché combinations (not me, i’m a Sal fan), but in the Peak, anything goes (within legitimate means, of course) in my opinion :slight_smile: It can be pretty brutal in there!

3 Likes

Unlocked OP6 after several failures (killed by OMGWTH 3 times). The OMGWTH fight was unnecessarily long (about 5 minutes) - I forgot to slag it all the time…

4 Likes

Just a tip, by the way, don’t try and slag it while it’s spawning, if you do, it becomes immune to slag :slight_smile: I think you can still slag the rocket pod on top if you do that but the main body can’t take slag.

4 Likes

I’ll second this - there are no bonus points for using weaker weapons; you either pass the level or don’t. You can always go back at your leisure and play with whatever loadout you think is “fair” if there’s some sort of pride around it, but the game doesn’t care about that.

7 Likes

I’m sort of missing posting here with my BL2 progress, however I feel it will be quite a while before I do again. I’ll still be here reading everything, but I just started a Nisha and also purchased Final Fantasy XIV today while it’s on sale, I get a month’s subscription to it free with the purchase so I may be getting as much out of that free month while I can. I will of course pay after that but I feel like if i’m still interested after a month of regular play, then it’s worth it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well despite a weak showing on my part in the Loot Hunt so far , I also feel duty bound to keep up appearances here :

I’ve managed to get 0ri0n to level 30 and haven’t even completed WAFTT - so my melee damage is completely OP.

I’ve farmed all the lootz so far except 2 items. There are few highlights as it’s mainly been the stultifying task of farming the dedicated loot sources ; but the most amusing ( rather the only amusing ) highlight was inst-Boring the BNKR with a Madhous!

Good to know I’ve got a good gun for Bitch & Sham farming once I finish up getting Roland out of my life.

2 Likes

I think your pain tolerance has its limits, have some fun will ya !

3 Likes

NO. BANE OF SAL! DO IT!!

4 Likes

Out of interest, does the movement speed reduction stack with two of them?

2 Likes

Why not do both, get a bane with Maya in your hunt character and do a bane of maya instead while hunting for loot.

5 Likes

First up tonight, checked out my TVHM Zer0 to see where he was at. Shut down a fake news radio station, and broke the real bad news to the others. @AMG_75 did not seem terribly happy about it, although he is wearing a monocle in this shot!

Took my TVHM Maya back out to run through the Slab King stuff, which was way fun. Face McShooty was so happy with his face job, he even did a little dance to celebrate:

After that, and shuffling some gear around, it was time to get some more eridium for my TVHM Sal. One thing I’ve never noticed before - the smoke from the Warrior’s nostrils once he’s downed:

And that was about it. Almost got my 100 Warrior farming runs done for my other loot post! :man_farmer:

3 Likes

This is hands down my all time favorite “What did you do in BL2” post. :acmlol:

giphy%20(26)

5 Likes

Took Maya on her first OP8 Peak run, yay.

OMG dropped a Sawbar.

And an Impaler in the chests at the end.

This run was much easier than the OP7-to-OP8 run, thanks to a somewhat less brutal assassin spawn, and wielding a corrosive Bitch that the BNK3R kindly dropped a couple days ago for me. My favorite Maya setup is Leg Cat + elemental Bitch w/ matching Bone, so I felt confident through the whole run (though I did BeeHawk D’s Mom and the double Saturns. Not gonna mess around with them, heh.) I used an Avenger for ammo regen between fights.

4 Likes

Broke the #2 time on Pyro Pete vs OP8 Melee Zer0 Time Trials, the run is here :

7 Likes