What did you do in your most recent session, PT2!

Mahya Mahya dealt with Boom and Bewm, but no Bonus Package for her troubles. I think this is the first time Boom and Bewm didn’t drop one for me.

Mahya Mahya then barely managed to get through Flynt, who dropped both Tinderbox and Thunderball Fists. Decided I don’t actually like Thunderball Fists.

Ran the usual errands to gain entrance to Sanctuary, then proceeded to get piles of Eridium at the slot machine with some help from Call Me Sal and Claptrap’s stash.

I still need to get better at using phaselock. Probably helps if I actually remembered to use it.

(Santa Söze) #8928

If you come across an adaptive that gives you substantially better health, I’d go with that. I had better success in general with adaptives until end-game, when I went to a Rough Rider. The shield is going to be down most of the time anyways.

The build looks great by the way - you may want to max out Burn Baby Burn if you have issues maintaining self-ignition. I did for some reason.

(chris) #8929

Took no backpack Zero aka Zabka into TVHM. I think I am sticking w/him for a while even though it is a serious pain sometimes. It took me 7 tries to get a fastball from Boll, and then I called it a night. It was fairly productive going from 31 to 35.

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #8930

I’m going to start paying attention to the health bonuses on adaptive shields I see going forward, although health hasn’t been the hugest problem yet. My initial respec was for 5/5 BBB and nil in FtF, had problems with self ignition and switched it to this. I usually strike that match with a volley of nades (Firestorm for fleshy stuff and Magic Missiles for armored), and then staying lit is easy unless I pull out some Torgue gear. With a Hellfire or a Good Touch (or pretty much anything else Maliwan) now I’m never not on fire for too long. :smiling_imp:

@Jefe Funny thing about the adaptive shields. Running through Wildlife Exploitation I saw 5 adaptives. 4 were level 41 and white rarity, all with lower health boosts than my 36 RR. The fifth was 41, blue rarity and better by around 2000 hp. The difference was barely noticeable, other than the occasional fire resistance making ignition a little harder before the shield broke completely. So I think the answer to my original query might be that I could have ridden that RR until I started UVHM.

(Santa Söze) #8931

The Rough Rider is ultimately the only choice for Krieg imo. Yours sounds like it had particularly good parts.

I just never bothered getting one for leveling up as I kept finding good adaptives ; and it was easier to buy an Evo at level 50 than farm a RR.

(█ KILL THEM BEFORE THEY TRY) #8932

Wouldn’t say it is the ONLY choice, Flame of the Firehawk is a pretty amazing choice as well. But I’d agree that it’s overall Krieg’s best shield.

(Santa Söze) #8933

The FotF and I don’t get along :wink:

But obviously in principle I agree.

Edit : to clarify, my eyes can’t take the flashing. And also I’m a complete sucker for health stacking for those with good passive regen : Krieg, Sal and Axton ( even Maya does incredibly well with a RR ).

Without some intervention, FotF is rather painful to use with its ridiculous visual effects, though. I use one with Deputy Sal, but I wouldn’t touch it if I was on console (thus no way to tone down its visual effects) and I always take it off on rare occasions I’m playing with my friends.

EDIT - I also don’t have on-level Evolution for Sal. Gotta go through the Scarlett DLC again so I can go see Hyperius.

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #8935

@Jefe I have no clue about shield parts, so maybe? The health boost on the level 36 was 3929, and on the level 41 blue adaptive it was 5600-5900ish. I didn’t vendor it when I put on the adaptive, so I’ll try to figure that out or post a pic or two next time I touchdown on Pandora.

@Enderborn1 I have Flames at various levels (58, 66, and I’ll get one at 72. I knew I was saving them for something. :wink:) waiting for UVHM in the safe. Once Kriegtopher got his first RR he never wore anything else, so I’m looking forward to trying something different. I expect that if I can deal with the visual pollution they’ll serve me well. I wasn’t a fan of it before this Krieg, but I also avoided the Hellborn tree like the plague too. Things change, am I right?

(Santa Söze) #8936

Hmmm. Maybe not. I’ll put it this way : a RR and a Neo will have almost identical health boost if they have the same parts (and level obv).

A Neo’s health boost is substantially better than a purple which is much better than a blue.

Still, if it works who cares?

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #8937

Here’s a screenshot of the first time I saw her (got it on video… should upload it, I suppose).

(Santa Söze) #8938

Do you ever load up a character and stare blankly at the build that you last left him/her with? What the hell was I doing with this guy??

I do this more often than I’d like - particularly as I have a penchance for having too many characters and doing temporary odd experimental builds.

Today’s head-scratcher is Mifune (Jakobs Zer0) who had on a bladed S’masher, a Hunter COM (he normally only uses L Sniper and L Killer), a slag singularity grenade(?!?) and a MELEE build.

I guess I’ll run with it and see what happens.

Edit : I put the L Ninja COM on instead and played with some bullymongs. I had the Boll mission open so did that. He happened to drop a green tesla with 0 fuse time. I have a Law and Order in the backpack but didn’t have a shield stripper :thinking:
So this is starting to be a bit less weird.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #8939

Dahl Commando did a quick walk of Enrique for Tina. Enrique hit me once and knocked me down to the healthgate, and as I’m running in front of him, Preparation isn’t going to get me past the mid-point before more Bikers come out, so I’m taking pot shots at him behind me to keep Able up (buffed by the L. Engineer COM too) to get past that hump quicker.

Also! Never did this before - if you shoot Enrique after he’s asleep after his walk, Tina will say, “Damn Girl, that’s my puppy and he was already tired out. You cold… I like it.”

(It's a LVL 72 Poncho of the Ancients) #8940

Jakobs Zer0 v2, whom I’ve dubbed OrneryZ(most of his shotguns have this prefix due to matching grip), set out to collect more stuff for NeglectedSal (the Deputy).

First thing he got was a pair of slag LadyFists. One with Bandit grip and another with Jakobs grip. Didn’t want to spend too much time on this farm so I stopped there. At some point Deputy Sal will go back and get a matching grip.

Since I got the LadyFist fairly quickly I decided to do a couple runs for a ROM in Oasis. I hate this farm as it is SOOO boring. After the initial fight you just run to the gun…over and over again. Most times I give myself a time restriction of 1 hour then stop. I didn’t expect this to be fruitful, but lo and behold a Rustlers Orphan Maker appeared after about 20 minutes!

I feel I was both lucky and unlucky as the ROM requires either a Bandit or Jakobs grip to work with the Deputy build. So I got lucky in that it had a Bandit grip and a mag size of 3. Unlucky in that all the other parts on the gun are also Bandit. Of course I would have liked it to have Jakobs parts…oh well. It’ll work and I’ve set that mission up for possible future re-farms.

Next Zer0 went to his bank and retrieved his Lvl 72 Deputy’s Badge to replace NeglectedSal’s lvl50. Really not necessary since the only difference is a 1% improvement in shotgun damage. Also had a Doc’s Triquetra with Torgue Grip to give to Sal.

Dumped all the acquisitions on to a Mule and OrneryZ retired for the night.

Deputy NeglectedSal collected all his new toys.

First place he went was the Unassuming Docks. Figured I would do a couple runs in search of the Chaotic Evil COM w/ +5 Money Shot. With the ROM/Lady Fist combo those skeletons didn’t stand a chance. It was truly Ridiculous. I did about 5 runs and was rewarded with a Legendary Titan from a Tubby Bones and the purple Chaotic Evil COM I had been searching for. Good stuff.

I respecc’d and followed the Deputy Sal Brawn build to the tee…almost. I did spec out of Inconceivable completely, but put a point in Asbestos since it’s boosted by the CE Com.

Did a couple runs at the Snowman. He went down fast…real fast…stupid fast. Got an upgraded Leg Berserker COM from the train.

Next stop…Nexus Badlands. Rabid Skags? no problem, Loaders? bah…Saturn? well…he did give me problems. I had whittled his health down pretty good but he killed me. Paid my fee to the New-U and went again. This time I swapped the LadyFist for the Slag Rubi and alternated between the two to keep my health up. Took Saturn down. It was more of a challenge than when I do it with Zer0, but it wasn’t that bad. I was surprised at the range that the ROM is effective as I kept at a pretty good distance for most of the fight.

My last stop of the night was Southpaw. Did two runs…on the first I made it to the end where one of Rouf’s body guards got me. I was trying to complete the map without depending on the Rubi using only the LadyFist in my main hand. While this does kill stuff the fastest it doesn’t provide the healing. On the second run I stuck primarily with the Rubi and mopped the floor with those guys.

Deputy Sal is certainly a force to be reckoned with. Even though virtually all his gear is made up of sub par parts

It’s a lot of fun but I still have a lot of practice to do. I still don’t feel entirely comfortable with having my shotgun in my off hand. It’s also far a more chaotic play style than I’m used to as well. He is the polar opposite of Zer0. That said, I’m glad I stuck it out, got him to 72 and have been able to Deputize him.

Really looking forward to killing more stuff with Sal.

(chris) #8941

That really cool, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen it before. Then again, I don’t have as much time in that DLC.

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #8942

Saturn stinks. He has no crit spots, so the Lady Fist doesn’t provide anything other than slag, which you can’t apply to Saturn. It’s totally doable with your ROM if you kite him and duck for cover, when I use my ROM+Moxxi (Rubi or Grog, either work for this) I start by throwing a handful of Storm Fronts for sustained heals and then face roll it, but I think the general consensus is that Saturn is a mountain of health that deserves any and all cheese you can scrape together. I did pretty well with a Flakker/Nuke Em combo, and Pimperdurping is ridiculously quick. And Beehawking works well too.

(Santa Söze) #8943

He does have turrets than can trigger NKLO though :wink:

Obviously this requires a respec, but it can go pretty quickly with a Lyuda (or two).

(It's a LVL 72 Poncho of the Ancients) #8944

Right, and that’s exactly what I ended up doing. I should have known better than to try with the Lady Fist. The Rubi was more than sufficient in keeping my health up and the ROM was more that capable of applying massive damage.

I will eventually try the Gun Lust build as it specs NKLO. I feel like I need to roll with what I got for right now because using my offhand as my “main” weapon still feels a bit foreign to me.

I’d like to get a better ROM as well, but even the “less than perfect” one I got seems pretty OP.

(Kawashi Ultimate) #8945

While I can’t do that with my other Gunzerker in TVHM (since I filled out Brawn, the only way I can be even capable of taking down Saturn using NKLO is in UVHM at about the low-mid 50s), I think I can do that with a Launcher (INCONCIEVABLE AMIRITE?!?!) or so. I haven’t played the Iron Zerker in a while though so yeah.

This was two nights ago so I can’t go into detail but EXPLOSIONS PER SECOND fought the Law… and won. The only thing that’s really important here is that it’s the first time ever I’ve shot – or in this case since my Torgue Psycho was in BXR due to low health and needing to proc RtB, hurled an explosive axe at – Deputy Winger. During this questline in Lynchwood I was fortunate enough to find an Explosive Damage Elemental Relic (+23%) so I no longer have to fervorously hold out for another Crunch Class Mod and can ride out the Legendary Psycho for as long as necessary. But it does mean I lose my +3 Max Grenades from the Stockpile Relic it replaces. Sad. =|

So the Sheriff of Lynchwood is out of comission. Right in the trash can where Wilhelm was disassembled. In the words of Krieg’s id, Jack will pay for what he did to he who dances with explosions. The price: his daughter and accomplice, Angel.

To be continued. =| (Still going to wreck Opportunity - namely, complete Hell Hath No Fury - first)

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #8946

Would they work to proc Bloodbath? I’m asking for a self igniting friend? :wink: