What did you do in your most recent session, PT2!

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #9047

Ha ha! That’s funny!

Stinkpot - hate it all you want, it carried me through all five waves of the Hyperion Slaughter at OP3, and I do believe I’ll drop BNK3R with it here this evening. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #9048

Yes, I’m going to use it extensively for science. I’ve never really used it and was heading to the approach to Bunker, so I went and got one! It performed better than I’d expected.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #9049

On a scale of 1 to Pimpernel, I’d give it like a 4. Novel, and it works if you help it, but just firing it at an enemy on its own is pretty rough.

(Dandroid16) #9050

I remember wasting BNK3R in NVHM with a corrosive bandit plasma caster, back when I was first learning the game. Fun times.

It’s fun sometimes to start new characters just to experience the greater variety of viable gear while leveling up.

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #9051

1K post to go for 10K, @Handsome_Dad should visit and make a part 3. :wink::wink:

(Santa Söze) #9052

Remember : only explosions allowed in the last 10 posts. :wink:

(█ KILL THEM BEFORE THEY TRY) #9053

The entire forum : AWWWWWWWWWWWW leaves through the back door

Edit : just realised how misleading this was. What I meant is why only the last 10 posts ? xD

(Santa Söze) #9054

It’s in honour of Handsome Dad. His only wish was to see the last thread close with Denzel walking away from an explosion.

I think it’s fitting this one does too.

Oh I think there was something about family photos. All the PS4, XB and PC players getting 4 person co-op sessions going and the host “photographing” the other 3.

Let the human sacrifice commence!

I mean EXPLOSIONS!

https://media.giphy.com/media/26tPdwMm4jyClgxTq/giphy.gif

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #9055

I’m already stockpiling explosion images in preparation. :grin:

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #9056

Jakobs Assassin went after BNK3R with the Stinkpot because Stinkpot.

He did that thing where the dead enemy will float ever skyward, but he was still dropping loot as he lofted up… individual bills, random green grenades and assault rifles were falling on me for some time and bouncing all over the map, but most of it fell who knows where.

…went topside for a little variety, and he got carried away with the mines.

(kbk160008) #9057

Oh boy… I could not expect this kind of opinion. I feel strange, don’t do this to me sir.:scream:

Brawn Trio would be awesome.

I was a little surprised to find that people prefer fast progress. I feel so uncomfortable because I feel pressure when I’m in a hurry.
It’s still a bit hard to think of when I ran in the arena for the purpose of doing TT.:tired_face:

(Santa Söze) #9058

You’re a great player seonsaeng kbk. I learned a lot.

@Handsome_Dad once said he goes fast by going slow. I think you play this way.

(kbk160008) #9059

What is this Jefe?

(Santa Söze) #9060

Sorry - it was my attempt at Korean - I spelled it wrong :man_facepalming:

선생 seonsaeng (“mister” according to Google :laughing: )

(kbk160008) #9061

Oh. You tried that. Mister Jefe.:grin:

(It's a LVL 72 Poncho of the Ancients) #9062

NeglectedSal gathered up some stuff and paid a visit to Terramorphous. First fight he took him down in some dumb time like 45 seconds using a Lead Storm and a Lady Fist. It had to be dumb luck, because I couldn’t do it again…I tried. This will be something to work on.

Then Sal started the Tiny Tina DLC. He’s just blazing through it. Nowhere near the same experience I had with Jakob’s Zer0. Still fun, but not as challenging.

Picked up the Grog Nozzle. ummm…I thought the Rubi made the game easy. I’m gonna use it for a bit…just because…right now it’s fun, but…I don’t know. I already felt kinda cheap using the rubi and the kitten, but the grog is just not right. I’m gonna hafta turn this mission in.

Anywho, stopped at the Lair of Infinate Agony for the night. Probably finish the main story tomorrow.

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #9063

So today I tried to b0re Bunker with the Stinkpot… and it seemed impossible, I got bored of trying and used my Triquetra. Sad times. Anyway, here’s the “fun”.

Also I googled “Borderlands 2 most hated weapons” and stumbled across a steam thread where someone said this:

" I can understand not liking Shotties in general, but there are a lot of good ones out there. It’s all about how you play.

But yeah, I hate the Flakker. What a PoS excuse for a legendary, and the Warrior gifted it to me 4+ times or something ~_~ That’s about 1/3rd of the legendaries I’ve gotten from The Warrior too.

The Flakker is only ‘useful’ in an extremely narrow set of conditions. Basically, on the rare occasion that a number of enemies are close~ish to you and bunched closely together, which rarely happens. :zero: / 10"

I mean…

I tried messing with a Stinkpot with Maya and Gaige before. It was painfully mediocre, but it dropped, so I figured f*** it. Why not? lol

I do love me some Twister, and recently, I got a Two for Greed which I’ve been enjoying. I wanna get a 72 Cobra and do a full playthrough with only Jakobs elementals.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #9065

This expectation (that higher rarity means higher and/or easier damage output), despite attempts to shake it with game hints, will always be a source of vexation for players. It’s like the game only has white-purple gear, and they added orange/pearlescent to be more of a ‘novelty’ or ‘collectible’ that may or may not work. If they stick with this (which is fine) in BL3 and want to avoid that perception, they’ll need to beat us over the heads with it throughout the game (red text references, NPC dialog, even a side mission based on this concept), or we will default to the ‘rare=better’ expectation, to be disappointed when we finally get a rare thing that doesn’t perform as expected.

That’s a very fair assessment. :face_with_monocle:

Was it not tearing BNK3R up though, B0re or no? What level, BAR, build, gear, etc? BAR was on for me (20% across the board), playing at OP3, Rogue COM (mag size, crit damage, Tw0 Fang and Vel0city) with a corrosive Bone. I’d go into Decepti0n just long enough to throw Kunai to apply Death Mark, then unload onto it (Rising Sh0t my only ‘active’ skill here). A full magazine (enhanced by the COM and BAR) would take maybe just shy of an inch off his health bar.

B0re-ing him is fun though, just because it’s a great way to maximize it in ways that aren’t common on the ground.

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #9066

I would have loved to as well. :blush: Next time. I’m looking forward to a 3 Sal party.

OT: I was farming a Slaga…still nothing that I’d like to keep. Going for Bullets Go Fasta prefix with matching grip and Dahl stock. it’s an easy farm so I’ll just keep at it.