What did you do in your most recent session, PT2!

(6EQUJ5 Do you copy?) #9630

Would make sense on a “chance per run” basis.
Chance per spawn/varkid is what it is. Or should be.

Both would require either thousands of runs (OOO) or thousands of spawns (Varkids).
I could do OOO… Maybe.:sunglasses:. Count me out for Vermy.
Thou I do have a Pimp’ya’Durp Gunzerker now. idk.
Still. It would require an obnoxious amount of time to peer review “on the field” any of them.

(Dandroid16) #9631

Yeah I’m happy enough to trust the wiki and patch notes on this one. Lol

I got the ahab on my 2nd run today, still doesn’t make it hurt any less.

(spectacularly mediocre) #9633

Actually got another OOO to spawn after basically all day of trying.

But does he drop a Twister? Of course not. I guess I’ll count myself lucky that I got two OOO to spawn in one day?

(It's a LVL 72 Poncho of the Ancients) #9634

This is how I got my Twister. Just dumb luck on my first visit to Scylla’s Grove. I’ve tried repeatedly to get him to spawn again here…nada…in a couple months. The Twister I got really isn’t that great tho. I’ve been contemplating doing the 100 eridium thing for a better one but it just seems so tedious. I like the Twister and all, but I’d rather spend my time farming skullmashers…lol.

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #9635

FWIW I dont think the Twister is worth it anyway. I’d much rather have an Orphan Maker, Triquetra, Striker or Coach Gun.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #9636

Hmm… sounds like that perimeter is the domain of Zer0 (and maybe Sal if he’s rocket jumping). Still… I must check this out.

(6EQUJ5 Do you copy?) #9637

Now that i think about it…
I remember being totally discouraged when I farmed mine. I think I didn’t got one the first day/afternoon.
Maybe 1% is the number after all.

If you’re looking for just a shotgun I agree. The Twister is a niche weapon. The slow penetrating bullets are great against shielded Nomad or Knights. I love it on my Mechro, being shock of course… Of course with Zero and B0re.
Other than that mehhh… Not sure. I tried it when I got it with the Gunzerker and really didn’t work with Gunzerking. For me.
If you can manage to save the other BA Savage when he does Spawn. The “Dexi route” definitely have an advantage. imo

(Dandroid16) #9638

I passed an old one I had down to my barely used 72 Sal, and it’s pretty ridiculously good IMO. I mean I wouldn’t call it a must-farm, considering there’s plenty of other excellent, if not superior, options which are much easier to acquire. Also, yes, for a character with no aggro relief or misdirection like almost every other character, having a gun which can just wreck nomads and such head-on is nice.

It’s a gun that’s cool as hell, and actually works, without being overpowered or broken. Inconceivable pairs well with it, gotta say. Lol. I’m having visions of Jack’s Absolute Advantage with a twister, and that’s just fun.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #9639

One of the UBA Marauders in here had a booster shield that dropped one; picking it up definitely filled my shield. Weren’t we discussing this somewhere?

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #9640

The Twister is a bit like Apple products. Popular, but just not as good.

(6EQUJ5 Do you copy?) #9641

:sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

(community sadboi) #9642

Still not as overrated as The Bee. :laughing:

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #9643

I can’t disagree with that :rofl:

Anyway, more Kottos tubby farming, more F***ING BUNNIES… Ahem, anyway, time to carry on :sunglasses:

(Rumplebunny) #9644

Yeah I love it on my Gaige too. It’s a long-obvious choice for her but it synergizes so well with her. Shock obviously and the pellet vortex isn’t affected by anarchy, and the one I have has a small magazine (made smaller by anarchy) so it’s one-shot-then-reload which means more stacks, more Shock and Auuuggh, and Cooking Up Trouble is more or less constantly up (except during the reloads). I kinda want one for Zer0 too, because B0re and I oftentimes have him equipped with a shock Bone (for Unf0reseen boosting.)

Man, you guys are crazy. I love the Twister with Zer0, Gaige, and Maya. Second favorite shotty after the Omen. :sunglasses:

(It's a LVL 72 Poncho of the Ancients) #9646

I don’t dislike the Twister. I dislike the process of obtaining one. As I’ve said before I got mine by accident. I didn’t try to spawn OOO and I wasn’t actively farming. I just got very lucky. That said, I think I’ll actually farm one soon.

OT:
Jakobs Jr(Zer0, Jakobs casual allegiance) is continuing to progress through TVHM at a pretty good rate.
Wilhelm fight was a lot of fun. Not stupid hard, but still a challenge.
Got hung up on the Gluttonous Thresher. I figured this was because I was a bit under leveled. I was at 37 and I think he was 41 or 42. It was frustrating because I had a 41 Muck and a 40 Ornery Revolver in my backpack that I couldn’t use. I almost broke down and farmed a slag gun. After many failed attempts I finally got smart and positioned myself in a way that put a group of loaders as well as a barrier between me and the thresher. With the loaders helping out and providing the occasional B0re shot the thresher went down pretty easily.

After that I decided to backtrack a bit and gain a couple levels before it was time to defend the beacon. Did Tina’s Tea Party which is something I haven’t done in a while as I usually skip it.

Made it a point to try to collect all the red text Jakob stuff(from the main story). Did the Clan Wars to get a Triquetra and later a Maggie. Farmed Slappy for a Striker and lastly McNally gave me a Hammer Buster.

Just finished The Man who Would be Jack and hit level 46. The aforementioned weapons still seem to be quite effective. Going to see if they’ll carry me through the Bunker.

Now just need to make sure I don’t over level as UVHM is nearing.

(Is this thing on?) #9647

We were - probably “Random Information”, which would be a good place to at least drop a link (if you are so minded!) I wonder if they also re-fill the shields of those thieving rats in the Fridge and Pete’s bar?

(spectacularly mediocre) #9648

I mostly want a Twister just because. My Deputy Sal has just about everything he needs, save for better Rough Rider and Evolution. If I ever get a Twister, I highly doubt I’ll actually use it with Sal, but instead just hand it down to either Gaie or Maya (assuming either ever get to OP8).

(6EQUJ5 Do you copy?) #9649

There. Fixed it for ya! :wink:
I was doing your other favorite farm.

Not perfect but close enough. At least got rid of the Tediore sight! Not as aggravated by sights as others might be (Getting there though :wink: ) but that “thing” was just too much.
Managed in the meantime to upgrade my OP3 Kerblaster and found a nice purple Spitter.
Zorg can now move on to Dragon Keep and dispose of the Ugly Sorcerer.