What did you do in your most recent session, PT2!

(6EQUJ5 Do you copy?) #9710

That’s it. I give up. You can’t fight Gods. Even with a fully loaded Commando.
I mean. I’m not trying to spawn oOo or something. Just trying to get a second Badaboom…
I kneel before RNGsus.
Yes Master. I have sinned.
So here I come Mortar and your puny Ambush Commanders.
YOU-WILL-FEEL-THE-WRATH. And I will be forgiven.

Nope - I’ve only used COMs that focus on the middle and right trees. As it sits now the Hunter COM fits perfectly for this build. Since he can only use roid shields, this gets him some effective melee damage, extra cooldown so he can use a Bandit relic (which gets him reload).

I’ll throw on the Leg Ninja if he’s got a big target.

Incidentally, I don’t really need those 5 Precision points anywhere else : he’s not running MMF, and 2 points in Unforseen is fine at sub-OP levels.

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #9712

To blow off a little steam today I took ImPatient Zer0 to B0re the BNK3R a couple of times hoping to get a Sham for SaVladof Bandi. No Sham, but the first time I did get a corrosive Rightsizing B!tch. Never when you want it, amirite?

(Dandroid16) #9713

My gunzerker (Lil John) decided to go unlock a few OP levels, and found this 1337 rare gear in an eridium chest. Lol

(It's a LVL 72 Poncho of the Ancients) #9714

Jakobs Jr Found the Firehawk, then decided to get through Mercenary Day to have an avenue to upgrade when needed. Farmed the Snowman for a decent grenade, got a sub par grenade…but I’ll make it work.

Rescued Roland…not too bad…man I miss my Muckamuck.
Farmed Tinder some more…Nothing.
Killed Wilhelm…again, miss my muck. This Chinook is the best sniper i’ve found in this play through, but it’s not a Muckamuck.
Did Mighty Morphin just to get it outta the way…died alot.
Gonna farm Tinder…then I dunno…play Sal for a bit?

El Mariachi ran Scarlett’s in record time (he finished before Lucinda Williams’ “Car Wheels on a Gravel Road” did).

Then he ploughed through some Hyp farming. Of course this was an OP8 farming an OP0 Hyp so it went something like : gate opens, step out, shoot til dead, NKLO tiggers, step inside gate threshold to reset, shoot Hyp with NKLO still active, repeat 10 more times before GZ expires, collect loot, repeat.

He dropped a Shreddifier and a Hornet that got ignored as he was after the Bandit gear. Decent haul for a quick session :

He’ll go back for matching grip corrosive and shock Tattlers - the fire one’s all Bandit :+1:

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #9716

Just got absolutely facehumped to death by 4 rabid skags in the first group of enemies of Badlands… This game sometimes :rofl:

(spectacularly mediocre) #9717

Got sick of trying to spawn OOO, so took Call Me Sal back out to Washburn Refinery to PimpDuuurp Hyperius for a bit. Took care of some loaders, said hi to C3n50r807, then took care of some more loaders.

I get to the entrance to the Hyperius area and realize I’d picked up some rocket launcher ammo at some point. Proceeded to empty the said ammo, only to get careless and put myself in FFYL. With only available target being Hyperius, attempted to PimpDuuurp him from distance but failed miserably.

After paying for the reconstruction fee, PimpDuuurp’ed Hyperius for many, many times hoping for a decent OP8 Evolution. All I got were bunch of Evolutions with elemental resistance in 60’s.

(Is this thing on?) #9718

Da DukaNuka, after seeing MayaHelpYou catch him up quite a bit, got a little competitive and went back out for some more XP. (Those commandos are just impossible, right?!)

Checking the quest log, the most obvious thing to tackle was the Highlands lost echoes, but the very first spot I ran into a swarm of rabid stalkers and realised I wasn’t geared well to deal with them. Got past them about three respawns later; in comparison, the Pyre Thresher was a cakewalk.

That left me around level 58.5 and next story mission up was the WEP, which I wasn’t feeling good about at that point. Normally at this point I’d start Torgue but, after seeing a clear trend here, decided to do Marcus’ Mercenary Day instead. I tried to keep Tinder at bay by planting my turret near his spawn point, but I missed the cliff I was aiming for. I still have no idea where it went! Anyway, DPUH’d the heck out of him, and my choice paid off - my first legendary from the train chest:

Not sure how I feel about the stats distribution, but it’s on-level at least. I managed to somehow respawn the yeti bullymongs in the upper village and, between that and turning the mission in, I dinged 59. There is now a treasure trove of about 8 items unlocked in the vault back in Sanctuary, so WEP is starting to look a little more promising. I might do the Rats mission and farm for a shock RokSalt though.

(6EQUJ5 Do you copy?) #9719

I think they keep respawning until you do the side quest.

Was a bit nervous tackling Sawthoot after bragging at Mortar but everything went nicely. Very nicely. Who said it was difficult? Probably someone in TVHM not having “console” turrets on his/her side. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The Ambush Commanders were no match against the twin Nova, Kerblaster, SwordSplosion and Fastball.
Bit apprehensive of Cramfist’s Foundry and it’s Buzzards. I had a Bandit corrosive PC but wasn’t of much use. Not really surprised there. So I went back to my anti ASTF cannon (Anoying Stuff That Fly) and they went down smoothly

Ditto for the Buzzard Nest.
In both cases I managed to get rid of the Buzzards quickly wich is, as you know, tremendous help.
So yeah. Smooth run, no respawn! That was cool.

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #9720

Those parts give me a headache :stuck_out_tongue:

One question, does the grip matter on an Infinity?

(6EQUJ5 Do you copy?) #9721

Not the mix of your dreams but who cares about recoil on an Hyperion gun? A little more damage from the Jackob’s grip doesn’t hurt. Especially with 2 more pellets per shot. Spread is still tight and reload isn’t much of an issue.

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #9722

I guess. I’ve been known to not pick up a drop that would otherwise be perfect because it has the wrong sight, so I guess i’m rather picky :rofl:

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #9723

@Kuolemanlaakso
I’ve done the same, although it’s really only tediore tv’s that cause a good drop to stay dropped.

Re: Infinity grip: that’s a good question. The matching grip mag/reload bonus is a non issue, so the traditional reasoning doesn’t apply. I would think that a grip that increased accuracy, recoil reduction, or damage might be desirable. :salt: Take my statement with some of this salt because I’ve not played around with Infinity pistols much since I learned about parts and effects.

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #9724

Yeah, I found a shock one in my inventory (probably from the Peak a while back) that has a Torgue grip, wondered if it was worth keeping!

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #9725

I would keep it. I might even keep an eye out for a True Neutral Necromancer com to see if I could get some silliness going with Gaige. You could probably do something similar with Sal and Moneyshot, but it’d probably be more effective with Gaige (I think @Ninja_Mrrr designed a build around that, actually. I hope you’re doing well, Ninja.)
Edit: found it.

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #9726

Yeah, I don’t really like Gaige tbh, but I guess I could maybe try it with someone, maybe Zer0? OSOK?

(Trahurn) #9727

Maeve and Morgian (Bandit), the Mechromancers, ran Mercenary Day to open up the train farm in UVHM. It was easier with them than with the Gunzerkers, which is confusing because the Mechros had a real hard time with the end of TVHM.

Are any Infinitys worth keeping??

I can’t think of an ideal grip but Torgue’s accuracy loss and added recoil might make it less than ideal. For Zer0, perhaps Hyperion for accuracy?

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #9729

Well probably not, but I do tend to keep stuff for no reason if it’s a Legendary/Pearl, or if it’s pretty. I’ll just keep it anyway, someone might need it one day… Maybe? :smiley: