What did you do in your most recent session, PT3!

had two perfect double penetrating unkempt harolds OP8

1 Like

Now that I’ve prestiged Sal, now working on prestiging Gaige. Had to kill bullymongs with transfusion grenades as a passenger in a vehicle, so made multiple tours through NVHM eridium blight and three horns divide in a bandit truck, roused the locals, jumped into the bed of the truck and then started chucking grenades. Think I’ll need to kill bruisers with tediore reloads next…or stand in the middle of a swarm of varkids and let them kill themselves on my spike shield :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@paulothead: Explosive Fastball, 16M damage. I don’t know about parts - I’ve deliberately kept myself ignorant, so I don’t go down a rabbit hole looking for perfection. :slight_smile:

@kawashiultimate: Yeah, I especially prefer it with the Bee (not on Sal), because the DPUH pellet count is listed and therefore doesn’t get full amp damage for each one. #GoHardOrGoHome

4 Likes

You beat my slogan. You win, sir.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t that depend on the level you were when you first started the map? The initial level (at the FT start point) can be anywhere from 15-24 in NVHM.

2 Likes

I don’t think there are any visible parts (although I think you can see evidence of the different delivery systems) that you could check anyway. You would just check the max stats list (link at bottom), which only covers legendary nades, for the max numbers. As for perfection, there are very few things I care about, so I don’t spend much time down that rabbit hole either. Re:Harry- there are uses for a DPUH, but I don’t really do any of the things it’s really good for so don’t ask me.

I also enjoy the Intense and Explicit versions, but that’s a fantastic repurposing of an older NBA slogan. :clap: :clap: :clap:

edit: here’s that link I promised and forgot to deliver on.

Max Stat Gear Lists

2 Likes

Well then…

From L3 to L9, Axton managed to pick up a Calipeen by deciding to make an impromptu hairpiece for Hammerlock (instead of Claptrap), laid waste to Blackburn Cove – with multiple assists thanks to the Sabre Turret --, even beat down Midgemong albeit not from resistance from Midgemong’s friends. That Sabre Turret came in handy too as it intercepted and dropped Bewm by itself, which allowed me to focus on knocking Boom off Big Bertha and knock Boom himself off. Therein lies the first Legendary item of the playthrough: the Bonus Package. Lobbed. 10 child gurnades. 1.2 fuse time. Sabre Turret had no factor in fighting Flynt, that took four Tediore reloads.

So afterwards, fixing up a Catch-A-Ride and cleaning out Windbreak Camp to get a new power core, the one Bandit chest yielded the first Rare gun as well… a Vladof Renegade. Once Axton got settled down in Sanctuary, he helped Marcus test out a crate of spankin’-new Maliwan elemental weapons, and afterwards tried to get a name for the bullymongs at the behest of Hammerlock, only to eventually come back to ‘bullymong’. Hammerlock has to be The Most Interesting Man in the World, with Krieg a close second.

Next: Assassinate the Assassins, turn in Plan B, and power back up the Happy Pig Motel.

The only skill to speak of is 4/5 in Preparation. Figure I’d start the playthrough following the Cookie Cutter Axton build before I start to do anything nuts.

3 Likes

Also purchased the second Rare gun in the playthrough just now; Dahl Carbine, Onslaught (+ Magazine Size) prefix.

2 Likes

I like it! Reminds me of an Ozzy song. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The first time I used that tactic I was surprised how well it worked. And that is what began my, what now appears to be a, love affair with Tediore arms. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

New Maya going through nvhm, needed a couple of levels to do Data Mining.
Decided to fully complete Hallowed Hollow, which I don’t particularly care for, only killed the Kinpin in the past.
Clean run. Got another Hellfire from Sully the blacksmith, I think it’s the 2nd I’ve gotten from him in maybe 10 times in there, which was nice.
And finally got all the red-eye pumpkins, with a marked map. I would never have found the one behind the fence. Disappointing since it’s just a red chest, yawn.
Did get a better strategy for the Nightmare Shrakks, which have taken me down in the past. There’s a crevasse where one of the TV sets is that you can run down and the Shrakks can’t gang up on you, much better than trying to get all of them swarming and bombing you.
But no reason to replay the bits I’ve missed in the past, dull.
That was on Xbox, flipping over to PS4 now to do tvhm Firehawk with my latest 1Life Maya there.
–RoA

2 Likes

Not sure, i might create a new character powerlevel it to 30 and visit wambam island to see if if i get craw at his max level.

3 Likes

I’ve just been running around destroying with the Veruc on Gaige while wondering the whole time how it is not on her top gear list…

2 Likes

There is a good discussion in this thread

2 Likes

Had a fun session before class earlier:

After mopping up Three Horns Valley (bothering to do the Medical Mystery questline for once), Axton was sent on his way through Frostburn Canyon, and found himself a nearly perfect Turtle (body and capacitor, battery was Anshin if memory serves). Green rarity but still. He marches through Frostburn Canyon, picks up a multitude of crap, frees Lilith and… uh… picks up two class mods (one dropped from a random mob), Rifleman and Engineer.

Usually when I start new Vault Hunters/playthroughs the game pushes me in a certain direction with potential builds… not this time. I get nothing from either the Engineer or the Rifleman class mods. I’m going to just have to keep playing until I get an idea, and until then I’ll have to stick with the cookie cutter guide.

L12, the 3 points went to finishing Preparation, and working on Impact.

1 Like

Gonna report something cool, got a Unforgiven from the warrior last night, actually my third pearlescent from him so far. First was a lv72 avenger with my very first maya, second a storm not too much time ago…
Also did have few cool drops, lucky moment for me:
Dobby lyuda pure vladof, shock op8, not even farming
Thrusting harold, world drop from a little snownan
Several legendary class mods from Loot Goon Goliath chests, psycho soldier and siren
Perfect 99% Reaper… so far my fourth one. Oddly just one with Krieg.
Two perfect muckamuck, a perfect Diaub,
Critical sledge shotgun with matching grip, corrosive op8, midget in Frostburn

Also did find a tubby varkid in Varkid Ramparts, caustic cavern, flying down the pillar. So that made me ask… a tubby varkid has a change when it changes form to adult, or to badass? He didn’t evolve, was just like one of those everspawning adults that the area usually have. Never found a tubby varkid before, now I seen them all, happy bout that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Axton, well… blitzed all of Bloodshot Stronghold/Ramparts not once but, at least with the Stronghold, twice. Once completing A Dam Fine Rescue (rescuing Roland without needing to go to the Friendship Gulag thankfully), and now going through for Out of Body Experience and Splinter Group.

Actually, funny story about Splinter Group – just before dropping into the Rat’s Nest, there was a neat little Shock E-Tech TEDIORE LAUNCHER!!! My word, at very least when actually shooting the Tediore Launcher, it wrecks. I’m not sure about the reloads. In point of fact I spent the second charge through the Bloodshots and the Rats chucking Quickshot reloads.* XD And then said Launcher wipes out the Splinter Group like it’s nothing. =|

Next Time: Out of Body Experience, then A Train to Catch.

• Fun as it was, it did not change much of my opinion towards Tediore. It’s probably going to take me a lot for me to change course.
1 Like

Those are best for Javilineer Krieg. They’re too ammo hungry as actual launchers for my taste. Topneaa FTW.

As long as you give their gear a shot I’m a happy guy. As guns they’re not outstanding (although their shotguns are pretty decent IMO), but they are pretty potent as grenades.

1 Like

On a different note, NightOnKriegMT took a walking tour of the Mines of Avarice. Warlord Turge wasn’t much more than a speed bump, so that went better than expected. Everything else was very successful. As in no respawns, solved the jumping puzzle in one go, really surprised at that. Maliwan everywhere except golems. Grabbed a Grog because I was there anyway. Got a pearl from the Gold Golem. A NE Bearcat. Didn’t want to spit in RNGSUS’S eye so I haven’t vendored it yet. @Adabiviak, what say you? Is there a use for it or should I just get the cash? After that tried for a Fastball a few times, got an underleveled DPUH with a Maliwan grip that I already cashed in for chips. Done for the day, dont really want to fight the Handsome Dragon, but that’s what’s up next. Maybe I’ll slog through it tomorrow.

1 Like

And Psycho Anarchist worked through Arid Badlands/Arid Nexus, eliminating skag and robot alike in his quest for data. Hit level 49 along the way, and I just finished getting gear from the folks in Sanctuary. Got a shield upgrade from Zed, and a nice AR from Michael!

Time to kick back and listen to the theme music for a bit…

2 Likes