What did you do in your most recent session, PT3!

Got far enough into Scarlett’s to create the full compass. It’s been fun so far, though H3RL-E was kinda underwhelming. He had a whole splash screen and everything, so I swapped my gear expecting a big, big boss fight, and he kinda fell over without much of a struggle. P3RV-E’s room was harder then H3RL-E was. I almost died saving Pandora from the sexual menace.

Outside of that, I helped Scooter get more parts for Sanctuary, and that’s really about it. I found a better Pangolian shield at some point, but that’s really it.

3 Likes

Maya re-geared and went back to Dragons keep to take down the Handsome Sorcerer. It was much better this time. In fact it felt so good, she did it four more times just for the satisfaction. :yum:

Also had to rescue the Queen a few times, because the Leach and the three crappy Flakkers she dropped were just not acceptable. Then she dropped this.

I may have to get Sal out for a couple runs at Terramorphous and see if I can work out how to Flakk him.

Maya then headed off to enter Mr. Flexington’s tournament. The at lvl Slagga and Harold with the lvl 50 Pimp made it all go smoothly until Badassasaurus. Those damn ricochets! :rage: Had him down 80% and they got her. Finally succeeded and then made short work of the cheater. Now have enough Torgue Tokens incase a fineass Duurp shows up in one of the machines. Not that it will do her much good, but Sal will rock it.

Going to put up some wanted posters today and see if she can take home a good kitten.

Edit, side note: I was thinking about what term would best describe the Flakker’s -1.0 accuracy. Random led me to Desultory, “digressing from or unconnected with the main path”, which makes sense for describing a degree of inaccuracy. Too much thinking, I need to go blow up stuff. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

That Flakker though :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I’ve rolled a 20 twice now. I also wanted to ask(I don’t remember from Console) if I should be seeing two numbers and not just the one “20” roll? I read last night that @Stouty22 rolled 2 “20’s” and that is how he got that legendary. When use 5 eridium, I only see 1 number displayed after both dice roll. Is something off here? I find it odd to roll 20’s twice and get nothing better than two purples or a purple and an E-tech.
Here is both dice being rolled.

and the result.

Here is stouty taking it for the team. lol :rofl: thats a lot of loot shooting straight up…

and again…

@Jefe is just as thoughtful. Taking it for the team.

its fun snapping screen shots of the various phases of this lootsplosion.
and that slag is from the last dragon I killed. can’t remember the name.

My Son loves seeing this. lol

7 Likes

Less money to clean up later lol. Plus it’s still fun xD

6 Likes

No, I think maybe he means he did two separate chests? As far as I know (quite possible i’m wrong) it rolls two dice for 5 eridium, and the number you see is the highest of the two that you get. However if you get two 20s, it shows 20 because that’s the highest number from them. So you pay to roll both instead of 1 for free, and say you roll an 18, you may have had one die say 18 and one say 4, you’ll just see 18. Only when you get two 20s will you roll a 20 and get a legendary.

Sorry for a wall of text!

Edit: Found this that explains better than I did

4 Likes

Made a couple runs at the Peak, unsuccessful. I think maybe too many beers to be honest. I never do well on the Peak while enjoying tasty beverages.

I think I’ll give it another go tonight, but not feeling real confident.

@Dr_Do-Little and @Kuolemanlaakso I think I’m ready to setup a co-op session. I want to get this dude to OP8.

6 Likes

Unfortunately i’m away from home until the 18th and the connection where I am isn’t great for playing online. I’m sure @nat_zero_six and/or @Sun_Tsunami could assist as well in my absence! If somehow you still need help when i’m back home, though, let me know :+1:

6 Likes

It’s possible that I may change my mind and still try solo, but right now I’m not feeling it.

The Peak has broken my spirit…lol.

6 Likes

I read an in depth analysis on this a while back (can’t find it) and recall that the only way you know you got two 20s is if the chest contains a legendary. ( the roll looks the same as one 20, I believe) He calculated the odds etc. and determined that they weren’t very good especially when compared to farming a legendary.

6 Likes

They way you know you’ll get a legendary is if you get 20 on a 5 eridium roll. One free die getting 20 is two purple items, if you get 20 when you pay eridium, it will be a legendary and a purple. At least that is what I understand from the thread I posted.

Edit: I just realised that a 20 and a 10 when you pay would still show as a 20 but be purples only, so you are right.

5 Likes

this is what happened to me. I got one 20. They should color code the number. Mine showed the 20 in red text. Maybe two 20’s should be orange? lol

4 Likes

I can help, if you need it. Enjoy Peak runs with others. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That would be awesome and I’d be really grateful. When would be a good time to do this?

6 Likes

Finished up first playthrough with some friends online. Saturn dropped the hive. And inside the “first” chest as I call it… A corrosive Lyuda. Needless to say that playthrough ended pretty much immediately afterwords.

5 Likes

Loaded up NightOnKriegMT for the first time in a while to progress his UVHM. Headed over to Tundra Express for A Train to Catch and all the stuff associated with the exception of Mighty Morphin. Not terribly difficult, except that I had to relearn how to Krieg. Got a LLM during the Pretty Good Train Robbery who dropped the Rolling Thunder I usually farm from Wilhelm, and dinged 59 and specced Bloodsplosion right before throwing the tea party. Going to take a break from Krieging for a bit, maybe dip into Savladof Bandi for a change of pace.

6 Likes

Vladof + Bandit Salvador? Interesting matchup.

5 Likes

It is. So far, level 37 Hoarder build target, it works pretty well. I do two manufacturers primarily to avoid carrying around ammo I won’t use. So far there’s a lot of Vladof with a dash of Bandit, but I knew it would be disproportionate when I started. Non red text Vladof is better than non red text Bandit as a general rule. To be honest though, at this stage of the game the Bandit shotguns aren’t as bad as they could be. That could change in UVHM, and I expect it to, but I’m not going to crap on them until they crap on me.

Speaking of SaVladof Bandi, we just hit the Dust and cleared those sides after getting ourselves a technical. I really thought he was further along TVHM than that. But whatever, the show must go on. Got a corrosive Anarchist from the Dahl chest in the Buzzard’s Nest, which was an improvement over the TMP he was holding, as well as a new fire Pooshka. Went over to spank Bad Maw and gain entrance to the Stronghold. Gonna stop for the day there and rescue Roland tomorrow.

6 Likes

From my experience Bandit shotties hold their own until UVHM (so exactly what you just said), although I haven’t moved my other Sal – the Brawn-centered Iron Zerker – since two months ago. They just don’t have the base damage or the DPS as either Torgue/Jakobs or Hyperion respectively. The only advantage they have over Torgue in particular is that they’re not element-locked like Torgue is to explosive.

I had realized that when my own Hoarder Sal was just about to start TVHM hence is why (other than the Rubi that I still have, lawl) I’ve went pure Vladof since.

4 Likes

Unfortunately… I’ll be away this week-end too. Some “family reunion supper” shenanigans. I managed to avoid holidays but can’t dodge that one. :expressionless:

5 Likes