What did you do in your most recent session, PT3!

I just ran Axton through all 5 rounds of the Hyperion slaughter (inspired by some lively discussion elsewhere… also I hadn’t done it in a while heh. :smiley: )

A splendid time! A couple of scary FFYL moments (including to an aimbot Hyperion marksman with a shock sniper rifle, screw that guy) but no deaths, whew! Round 5 is always such a rush. The UBA Constructor fell somewhat quickly thanks to my poor turret getting in its face and eating its ground pounds to distract it while I SWORDSPLOSION!!!ed it and its three attending badass surveyors into oblivion. The second constructor set up shop over on the landing decks so I had a fun time dodging and inching my way towards it.

Got a slag Chere-amie with a Hyperion grip for my efforts, which I accepted because whatever I never farm for these. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Mahya Mahya completed the NVHM. The red chest before Handsome Jack gifted me with a Legendary Siren mod. This was the second legendary on this playthrough (the first one was the Thunderball Fists from Flynt way back when). Farmed the Warrior for Eridium to buy ammo SDU - repeated the farming until I got most of the upgrades.

Oh, and I finally found Michael Mamril, he was standing by the Black Market. Figures I find him when I’m not actively looking for him.

6 Likes

I’ve had Henry jump onto the side of the cliff and just keep floating up forever. It was kind of amusing seeing him so ridiculously high in the sky. Prime Godfinger time, if I had had one at the time. Lol

5 Likes

I just started using a Krieg build using Hellborn and Melee… Wow. I got the idea from this post

I wasn’t convinced i’d be able to do it so I just took it to Lynchwood and I have to say… It’s amazing! Keep in mind that this gameplay is the first time i’m using this setup, so I know it’s a bit average haha but it’s honestly surprised me. Hellborn turns Krieg into a walking Moxxi weapon :rofl:

Yeah that’s pretty much how the RNG in this game works, you get stuff when you aren’t bothered, but when you REALLY want that drop, the game says NOPE!

5 Likes

@Kuolemanlaakso
The same RNG dropped me a Legendary Siren COM before the Warrior, so I won’t complain about it. Hopefully, it’ll be nice to my Maya on her TVHM journey. At least she’ll have a fairly large stash waiting for her at UVHM, thanks to Sal.

EDIT - I can never get the formatting and quotes right here.

4 Likes

This might help: NEW FORUM BASICS.

5 Likes

Looked to me like you nailed it, Nice. :+1:
Made me think about dusting off Krieg to give it a try. But I parked him before I could used to the RR. So I know mine would definitely involve dying. :anguished:

2 Likes

Aha! That was great to see. My previous playthrough was with an OP3 character and was having a hell of a time (because of EE and Raving Retribution) getting my health low enough to get to RtB. Obviously that’s a problem because of my level - I’ll try it again with my OP8 guy.

I had to take out Elemental Empathy and go with Thrill for healing - which worked great - but was counter to suggestions. Again, level makes a huge difference. Incidentally, I recommend a point for Fuel the Blood and Bombadier if you’ve used Maveco’s exact build. Not sure why he choose not to take them since the L Sickle boosts it.

Hellborn is definitely my favourite tree.

Edit - just saw this :

Careful with fuel the blood as it boosts the self-damage from silence the voices procs, suddenly you could hit for more than 80% of your total health in a single self-hit while slagged

3 Likes

With little time, because I wasted a bunch playing Lego: The Hobbit and Journey, Gaige&Purge did the getting to know you dance this morning, and accepted all of the available sides. Will play the Name Game with Hammy and start the Three Horns Valley dance, including Southpaw, next time.

4 Likes

Kinda off-topic but it may be of some use.

I did try expanding a bit on the subject a couple of posts later

By the way, on Buzzaxe Bombardier’s point I meant fuel the blood instead of fuel the rampage.

4 Likes

That’s great - thanks. I asked this question elsewhere a few times and didn’t get an answer :+1:

1 Like

It’s one of the glitches design details that, for a long time, most Psycho-enthusiasts knew but none of them (me included) really bother having them properly documented on the main guides.

4 Likes

Maeve and Morgian (Bandit), the Mechromancers, did Shielded Favors and Symbiosis in UVHM. We took the route along the docks/boats and Morgian ran out of ammo just before the ladder up onto the pier. Slag AR, slag pistol, shock pistol, and fire sub, all hit empty numerous times as we opened what boxes we could and used weapon drops for restock.

For a bit it was slag only and let DT do the dirty work, using the fire sub to finish off low health enemies. We made it partway through the fight on the pier with the car trunk above the outhouse until there was a double armored psycho spawn. Without corrosive, even with Slag, they take too much to bring down when DT can be distracted by multiple enemies. We also let ourselves get cornered by the outhouse.

We did kill Midge-Mong, the restock from a respawn helped there, but it was a much tougher fight without a prebuild of stacks. Still, it was a uniquely fun experience.

3 Likes

Finally got Zer0 to OP3 and was so very close to OP4, but I got sloppy. Finally got a corrosive badaboom which is what got me to OP3 really. I also have a shock one and non-elemental. So I’m good on badabooms for a couple OP levels. Not using any Jakobs weapons on this zer0, kinda makes me sad. Oh well.

Maybe I’ll send Jakob’s Zer0 to the peak see what he can do today.

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, at OP3 FtB and Bombadier haven’t been an issue. It never ceases to amaze me how different the game is between OP levels.

1 Like

The difference is small enough on the lower op levels that it can pass unoticed, it becomes easier to spot at the higher levels, specially if slag is involved (in my case, I started to notice it on op7 during digi-peak when fighting slag centurion spiderants).

2 Likes

Took the Maya I had at level 11 through SS&P with the worlds worst Bandit AR and while it was a nice distraction my heart wasn’t really in it at all :frowning:

Dunno if it’s just because I’m tired or I need some time off Pandora again or what! :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh do tell! And in Maya’s hands…

1 Like

How about an actual fun non-pain-filled run like Hyperion or Jakobs.

2 Likes

Just the medical mystery one. Nothing fancy!

3 Likes