What did you do in your most recent session, PT3!

Yay another post! :slight_smile:

21 Warrior runs before I got a legendary, I demand my money back.

Interesting leg though, an Infinity. hundreds (maybe thousands) of Warrior kills and I’ve never gotten an Infinity from it before.

1 Like

After playing the game for ~800 hours I finally got one of the few dream items I haven’t gotten yet, a perfect OP10 Transfusion. No more using the blue rarity one. The difference is completely negligible, but hey, now for the half second that it’s on screen it’ll have the purple rarity material. I don’t strictly have proof for this, but my BL2 is 100% vanilla, if you’re the type to take people on their word.

Full kill included for proof, but the drop happens at 3:28 (The audio is muted, I had a video playing in the background.)

Forgive the awful play, this was a bit of a rough kill. I almost save-quit when Healianth took off. You can see through my mouse movements how much I was spazzing out when I got it, I honestly didn’t think I’d ever get one of these.

The only problem is that the perfect Transfusion was pretty much all of the incentive I had left for raiding. I’ll have to think of a new non-unique item to dream about getting.

2 Likes

Nice kill, and fun grenade.

The Dragons are the only raid set I’ve only done once. Did 'em years ago the first time I went through TTAoDK before I had looked at a YourTub vid or found these forums, so I had no strategy and didn’t know the best order of kill, it took me 40 minutes.
Soured me on them, have never tried 'em since.

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen the Dragons suck to kill with anyone but Sal or Zer0. I’ve thought about clearing all quests on all characters, but man, OP10 raids look really unfun on characters that aren’t blatantly overpowered.

2 Likes

and Voracidous.

On topic, after months, i kind of miss playing I got an itch to play. Borderlands 3 is a stranger now to me with all those new things and i don’t have the new dlc. last time i played is i do 1 story run on the krieg dlc on its release and thats it.

So i choose BL2 and started a Maya over the weekends. I just finished the bunker in tvhm and i kind of having a hard time, maybe i am underleveled, i am 39 and enemies are on their 40s or maybe i am just rusty.

1 Like

Also, that’s the worst level range for gear and missions. Levels 38 through 42 are the most painful in BL2, no real min-bosses to farm for good on level gear.
If the Dust would level properly, you could get Lyudas, but it doesn’t.
I’ll say that the addition of the Lilith DLC really helped in that. Drop into the Liltih thing at level 39 (as you are now) and play a bit and you’ll pick up nice gear to bring back to the main story line. Heck, spending a little time farming the M2828 Thompson AR, you can get it very early in the DLC and it’s a pretty quick and straightforward farm for a gun that will carry you for a while.

1 Like

I think i will stick to it. only a few more levels to 50. i will start lilith dlc on uvhm.

1 Like

Sal finally worked up the nerve to go up against the op10 Dragons. Well, he just never got around to it. Wanted an op10 blockade, got it after a rocky start. First, someone I play with sometimes joined my game and clearly did not understand the fight. He had his Axton turrets set up to fire slag rounds, so his turrets were hitting multiple dragons at a time, causing multiple dragons to land at once, now immune to slag (I believe) due to being slagged while airborne. Had to go offline at that point to have any chance of success.
The op10 evolution shield / CE Monk combo wasn’t effective, so I switched to op10 hoplite / legendary gunzerker for a big shield and almost 100% up time on my gunzerking,. Never used hoplite on Sal, but it did the trick. Dragons defeated multiple time, one blockade picked up. Not a single Tiny Tina com or skin dropped from the dragons or mimic chests though :frowning: . I never bother unlocking the red chests after the fight as I have never gotten anything good from those.

2 Likes

Got my latest Siren into UVHM, she’s in the midst of getting ready to fight Wilhelm. Nothing notable happened so far.

But she just hit lvl 52 and it hit me again, I’ve got twenty eight (28) levels to go before The Peak. That’s a long long slog, I’m not sure I’m up to it. 20 to get to 72 was bad enough, 28 to 80 is just so much…

After a long long time away from BL2 I started up a new Sal to get some play time in. Stopped at Knuckle Dragger to get a lvl 0 Hornet. It, the Gearbox sniper and Contraband carried him all the way to Sanctuary without incident. Although I almost blew Sal up once with the Contraband.
Playing it gave me the feeling of one of those rare moments in time when everything is as it should be. The music, dialogue, game play, all perfectly complemented each other.
Ahh nostalgia. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

A decent weapon, but I find the mag size and fire rate uncomfortable, so I always do Bad Hair Day to get the updated sniper, I often get something sweet like a Droog with 70 damage.

I actually keep my Skyrockets. They can be situationally very effective. Early game I almost always use one on Big Bertha, shuts that turret down in a flash.
Then indoors places with doorways to escape through. The Bloodshot Stronghold is full of good trap paces like that, a room fulla bad guys, toss a Skyrocket through the doorway and duck, instant room clear.

4 Likes