What did you do in your most recent session, PT3!

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #447

Sounds good… haven’t done a Bunny-focused run in a while. Roll for initiative! :game_die:

edit - Natural Selection Annex is up! My Tediore Siren is on her way through a fresh UVHM restart, so she’s only doing level 1, but still… I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous about it. That said, she crushed it (I only put the Bunny down to handle a blazing Spiderant). With a Chaotic Neutral COM and a Tediore allegiance relic buffing mag size, and a Bunny all Bandited up for mag size enhancements, a fresh reload has 10 rockets in the magazine. Firing one rocket drops it to 9, and the reload throws 9-rockets worth of damage. Well, not exactly 9x one rocket for whatever reason, but huge damage (which includes all the little grenades it poops out along the way). Kite enemies near each other, Phaselock to Converge them closer, fire a rocket into the mass to polish off the weak ones, then reload toss if needed (while they’re still stunned so it’s easier to get the reload toss to hit them). I don’t think I could do all the rounds with the Bunny (not enough rockets, and the first wave is shenannigans, but still).

Here’s a Bunny reload polishing off two Rabid Skags (who survived the first Phaselock/rocket blast, but were weakened by all that). While the Bunny itself is Fire, the subsequent reload/grenades are explosive.

The range is nice… sometimes I would kite/Converge them into the side nooks where it would be easier to bounce the reload around and get more grenades down near the enemies.

…even got a Tubby to drop a Legendary Binder COM. I already have one for her, but this does help subsidize her rocket appetite when doing this sort of thing.

(Focused for Success in a Distracting World) #448

The Kerblaster I believe is the only additional item in the HS’s loot pool ; but if I’m not mistaken it gets rolled separately. I’m quite sure I’ve seen a Warrior legendary AND a Kerblaster drop at the same time.

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #449

I’ve been messing around with Thoughtlock and find it interesting. Never really used it before. Considering a build that doesn’t include Ruin for maybe the first time ever…

(Focused for Success in a Distracting World) #450

I’m running the Peak right now with TL. Actually the point of this particular exercise is to put to rest this “fire is bad on the Peak” nonsense.

Anyways, it’s great. I recommend trying it with and without Subsequence. Without, attack everyone but you TL’d guy. With, follow the bouncing ball.

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #451

Yeah i’ve seen some gameplay of SS and I am certainly open to trying everything. I dropped it to OP0 just to make sure I wasn’t going to die, being that I didn’t really know what to expect, and also was using a Bee so the results are a bit skewed, but it seems very interesting.

On a side note, Butt Stallion pooped out this for me.

(It's an OP8 Poncho of the Ancients) #452

Please let us know what you find. I did use a fire Lady Fist on Dookis mom, and it worked, but I’m not sure it was any better than the corrosive.

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #453

Definitely my favorite Maya build so far. I ran it without SubSequence until OP3 or 4 when @Adabiviak suggested it to me in my peak run thread (which I need to get back to, damn you D’s mom), and SubSequence made a hell of a difference. My build included Ruin and wore a Leg Binder, and it was a blast for mobbing. 10/10 would recommend.

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #454

I’m actually trying to challenge myself to drop Ruin, I came up with this using a Mirrored Trickster COM I already had:

Not sure if this is even sensible. I’ve never really bothered with KR before either so this will be very interesting :slight_smile: Scorn as my slagging tool, it’ll hopefully make me better at aiming it!!

(Focused for Success in a Distracting World) #455

I just cleared the Black Queens and the entire Doc Mercy area with a Sawbar. Luckily there were no robots in the latter area.

It’s safer to say it’s impractical since most maps end up being mixed with robots. But other than robots, Scorch and the fire spiderants, fire is just as good (and in fact better than corrosive for the other spiderants).

@Kuolemanlaakso - 10/10 build. I’m doing that next!

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #456

That looks good to me, but I’m no expert. I also think you can do almost anything with a Maya build and make it work, so consider the source.

OT, I got Gaige&Purge her corrosive Hail, so at 26 she will have a Hail for almost every occasion. Did Rakkaholics and turned it in to Mordy for the first time ever. Got a corrosive Cartel Sloth, so my Dahl/Tediore Maya will have a good piece waiting for her when she gets started.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #457

Tediore Siren continued her run through a storyline reset. On the way out of the WEP, she got a Rabid Skag and BUL Loader to slug it out. The BUL Loader dozed the Skag into a corner and was beating on it faster than the health regen… If I stayed there for maybe a half an hour and kept slag on them, he might have actually killed it.

Sometimes I save Launcher reloads (fire then switch weapons) to save the reload toss for an enemy where it might score a kill.

Tediore shotgun reloads are incredibly satisfying when they kill, especially if you get the child orbs in on it.

Nice shield you got there… be a shame if someone threw up all over it

I absolutely did not kill Saturn with the Retcher, but I did use it for the finishing blow. I have some… odd things on my bucket list.

I found a ton of Legendary Loot Midgets, but they only dropped relics (though I got a Wanderlust in a chest). This was a rare toilet spawn.

Enemies came at me with some dangerous gear: shock Scorpio, corrosive Veruc, Florentine, slag Omen, and I think someone had an Infection, but the Flakker is hilariously safe at a distance.

Finally got all the Jimmies! He was also a rare spawn from a white weapon chest.

I thought I’d make a stand in this little room… this left a mark. :grimacing:

An enraged Goliath slammed this guy off the cliff here into the lava for an environmental kill. Nice shot dude!

(Carlton Slayer) #458

Lady Killraven finished all side quests except Cult Following and Finks Slaughter Dome before finally doing WEP, which brought her to level 22. Once she finished that and recruited Brick (and did Rocko’s Modern Strife) she dinged level 25 and is poised to at least open the Tiny Tina dlc. Not sure if she’ll get far as that dlc has a level 30 starting requirement IIRC but even if that’s so she’ll at least get her feet wet, pun intended :smile:

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #459

After much ado, I managed to run the Moonshiner off the cliff. This sacrifice to RNGesus got me Wanderlust, two A Legendary Pointman, a Legendary Ranger, and a Veruc.

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #460

Due to my mistake the other day losing my eridium I decided to go and get some from the Dragons. I also realised that I lost my Deputy’s Badge, which is irritating but not massively bothersome, i’ll get a new one later. Anyway, i’m still farming them but this is the most efficient run so far.

(It's an OP8 Poncho of the Ancients) #461

Still no OP8, but I’ll get to that in a moment.

I’ve been watching a lot of BL2 streams. As it turns out there are some pretty good players on Twitch. Most of them are really nice and helpful people. Anyway, I started chatting with a fellow that indicated that he would like some assistance in the game via co-op so I decided to step up to the task.

I’ve not played much co-op at all, so it’s a new experience for me. This guy says he has all the vault hunters at 72, and his main is Gaige who is currently OP3. Says he has been struggling and having a difficult time finding gear.
We started with the Tiny Tina DLC and it did prove to be a challenge. I know next to nothing about Gaige, and it’s taking some time getting used to her Death Trap. My new friend also goes into FFYL pretty often and in the worst possible positions. I’m trying to do the right thing and revive him, but this often puts me down too. It’s been a learning experience and making me a better player I think. Trying to revive someone surrounded Skeleton Mages and Skelly Archers can be quite the challenge.

We did eventually finish the DLC and because he was concerned about his lack of money(due to dying very often) I decided to bring in Deputy Sal and farm the Handsome Sorcerer with him. Of course the Deputy makes very short work of the HS. Got him a Flakker and a Conference Call out of the farming as well. Another issue I have is that damn robot keeps trying to charge Sal’s rough rider. Doesn’t really hurt anything, it’s just a bit irritating.

The other thing I don’t like is that he is couple levels under me. Because of this all the loot is under level.

I was able to show him number of things, like farming the snowman and I also helped him defeat Bloodwing. Also gave him quite a bit of gear as I am over flowing with it on my many characters and mules.

I come to find out, that he didn’t get to OP3 by himself but rather was “power leveled”. While I’m sure it’s nice to have a high level character to start with, there are definitely some major drawbacks. Learning the mechanics of the game through the leveling process has it’s merits. This game goes pretty deep.

I think I’ll suggest we start a new game w/ new characters. I really think that is the best way to learn the game.

I’ve also been continuing my journey to OP8. I farmed just about all my gear to OP7. I used Salvador for much of the farming, which sped things up considerably. Upgraded all My BoA as they all where between 70-72. That said, the upgrades where minimal being just a percent or two.

I also found a purple OP7 Muckamuck. Not the best parts, but a muck all the same. I’d forgotten how much I love this gun. While on the Peak, I use a pimp for most the run, I do pull out the muck to down a couple marauders that like to poke theirs heads up from behind shelter.
I’ve gotten all the way to OP7 without a DPUH but I’m considering farming one. On my last Peak run I think I could have achieved a second wind off of Rouf if I was dealing just a bit more damage.
So far I’ve made three attempts at OP8. On the first I went down to Dukino’s Mom. Fortunately I think I have a strat in place for her and can get past her now with little trouble.
On the next run it was Doc Mercy that got me. Really just slopppy playing on my part.
On my last run I made it to the assassins. I already knew they were going to be rough.

Each run I make it a little further.

As of yet, I’m not discouraged and I feel that I’m making progress. I feel confident that I can do it. It just may take some time.

(This Just In: CNN CEO Hunter Hellquist denies fake news) #462

IMO, unless you are fighting a boss, let your co-op partner die in these situations. All it does is cost them a little $ to respawn, but that’s it. I was in co-op this weekend, fighting the handsome dragon as hellborn krieg (not a good match up with that opponent) and 2 co-op partners, and they kept trying to revive me instead of letting me respawn and instead of keeping themselves alive. I eventually tried to keep my distance so that they could not reach me before i held down the x button to intentionally die prematurely.

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #463

I base this choice on who I am at the time. For me it’s role playing to revive them if i’m Maya, but if i’m Salvador or Krieg, I say screw them :rofl:

Anyway, I used Maya to get a Deputy’s Badge as she hadn’t done those Lynchwood missions yet. Took about 5 reloads to get this.

(This Just In: CNN CEO Hunter Hellquist denies fake news) #464

I should have thought about my response a bit more. You bring up a good point. As Maya, I’ll absolutely PL co-op players out of FFYL. As Hellborn Kreig, if my FotF is creating novas and i’m holding a grog nozzle, i’ll revive someone (knowing that the novas and healing from the grog (and elemental empathy+raving retribution) will keep me from going into FFYL. As Zer0, i have thrown transfusion grenades before going into Deception and standing invisible near someone i am reviving. Between not being seen and healing by transfusion, this keeps Zer0 from going into FFYL. So really depends on the situation, gear equipped, etc. Alternatively, you could help the co-op partner in FFYL by helping them get a kill by slagging who they are targeting, maybe help bring down the target’s health, etc. without making the kill yourself.

(Lypreila) #465

Back after a short break! The Hubby and I blew through Torgue DLC on TVHM in our Midgets and Monsters playthrough (We switched up builds a bit to explosive on Krieg so we cant call it Never Down Cooldown anymore lmao).

Got a pretty nice shock Slowhand and … hm man I love that gun. It’s just fun.

Started an Anarchy Mechro playthrough, ran her up to lvl 25, and I’m only up to the WEP. Just farmed a variety of Maggie’s. Gunstock, Bowie w)Hyperion grip (Zero playthrough here I come?) And some more. Having fun with it! Dont know if the Maggie will be good for Gaige but It’s probably gonna replace the Law I’m using in the short term.

(Is this thing on?) #466

This is where being on mic can be really helpful - I’ve lost count of how many times a partner has been desperately shooting a target with a big fat health bar when there was a softer target at <50% right behind them.