What did you do in your most recent session, PT3!

(It's an OP8 Poncho of the Ancients) #527

It’s possible that I may change my mind and still try solo, but right now I’m not feeling it.

The Peak has broken my spirit…lol.

I read an in depth analysis on this a while back (can’t find it) and recall that the only way you know you got two 20s is if the chest contains a legendary. ( the roll looks the same as one 20, I believe) He calculated the odds etc. and determined that they weren’t very good especially when compared to farming a legendary.

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #529

They way you know you’ll get a legendary is if you get 20 on a 5 eridium roll. One free die getting 20 is two purple items, if you get 20 when you pay eridium, it will be a legendary and a purple. At least that is what I understand from the thread I posted.

Edit: I just realised that a 20 and a 10 when you pay would still show as a 20 but be purples only, so you are right.

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #530

this is what happened to me. I got one 20. They should color code the number. Mine showed the 20 in red text. Maybe two 20’s should be orange? lol

("The first rule of Fight Club...") #531

I can help, if you need it. Enjoy Peak runs with others. :slight_smile:

(It's an OP8 Poncho of the Ancients) #532

That would be awesome and I’d be really grateful. When would be a good time to do this?

(Mcore) #533

Finished up first playthrough with some friends online. Saturn dropped the hive. And inside the “first” chest as I call it… A corrosive Lyuda. Needless to say that playthrough ended pretty much immediately afterwords.

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #534

Loaded up NightOnKriegMT for the first time in a while to progress his UVHM. Headed over to Tundra Express for A Train to Catch and all the stuff associated with the exception of Mighty Morphin. Not terribly difficult, except that I had to relearn how to Krieg. Got a LLM during the Pretty Good Train Robbery who dropped the Rolling Thunder I usually farm from Wilhelm, and dinged 59 and specced Bloodsplosion right before throwing the tea party. Going to take a break from Krieging for a bit, maybe dip into Savladof Bandi for a change of pace.

(The Natural Born Timekiller) #535

Vladof + Bandit Salvador? Interesting matchup.

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #536

It is. So far, level 37 Hoarder build target, it works pretty well. I do two manufacturers primarily to avoid carrying around ammo I won’t use. So far there’s a lot of Vladof with a dash of Bandit, but I knew it would be disproportionate when I started. Non red text Vladof is better than non red text Bandit as a general rule. To be honest though, at this stage of the game the Bandit shotguns aren’t as bad as they could be. That could change in UVHM, and I expect it to, but I’m not going to crap on them until they crap on me.

Speaking of SaVladof Bandi, we just hit the Dust and cleared those sides after getting ourselves a technical. I really thought he was further along TVHM than that. But whatever, the show must go on. Got a corrosive Anarchist from the Dahl chest in the Buzzard’s Nest, which was an improvement over the TMP he was holding, as well as a new fire Pooshka. Went over to spank Bad Maw and gain entrance to the Stronghold. Gonna stop for the day there and rescue Roland tomorrow.

(The Natural Born Timekiller) #537

From my experience Bandit shotties hold their own until UVHM (so exactly what you just said), although I haven’t moved my other Sal – the Brawn-centered Iron Zerker – since two months ago. They just don’t have the base damage or the DPS as either Torgue/Jakobs or Hyperion respectively. The only advantage they have over Torgue in particular is that they’re not element-locked like Torgue is to explosive.

I had realized that when my own Hoarder Sal was just about to start TVHM hence is why (other than the Rubi that I still have, lawl) I’ve went pure Vladof since.

(The doc is in.) #538

Unfortunately… I’ll be away this week-end too. Some “family reunion supper” shenanigans. I managed to avoid holidays but can’t dodge that one. :expressionless:

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #539

I think it mostly comes down to use. In my case crowd control or situations where enemies can’t be easily isolated, possibly even chronic backpedaling. They’ll be elemental, in the backpack, occasionally on the hip when I think they’ll be helpful, and if they turn out to be so much deadweight they’ll be vendored. He can still carry the family name on his smgs.

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #540

(Focused for Success in a Distracting World) #541

I had to get a new printer today so hopping back and forth from setting it up to game, I got OP4 unlocked.

I have gobs of OP4 gear that she can now use for the next few runs.

I’ve decided to go with the standard speed-run build : SS with the Siren COM. This actually works fantastically well - if the SS orb derps out, it expires and cools down much faster than the L Binder. I’ll still throw the Binder on for the bigger targets though.

Hopefully OP5 and 6 tonight. OP8 by the weekend and relegated to mule status after.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #542

Torgue Commando continues on his way through a fresh reset of UVHM in Tina’s DLC. It was tricky to catch the dragon in the Flakker’s shot, but it seriously wrecked face when it connected (especially with a Sentry out for Battlefront and slag damage and buffs from a L. Grenadier (from the UCP for the uninitiated)). This shot will finish off the dragon.

(Focused for Success in a Distracting World) #543

Oops - I was too fast :laughing:

Next I’ve got to decide whether it’s worthwhile to get a few new bits. I can very easily get Pimps, Lady Fists, Hails, Bad Touch, etc at every level (my previous Siren keeps the various missions open for these ; and the BT glitch is still in effect for this character) - but kinda done it before. No Sandhawk allowed. Maybe an Actualizer? :thinking:

(Relmitos) #544

Alright, friends! Finished off Captain Scarlett’s, and BOY what a ride!

The Magnys Lighthouse was a tough climb, at least the very beginning was. I died once there, but never died again for the rest of it. I continued my crusade against evil, stopping pirating by confiscating floppy discs and stopping the DJ from spewing profanity across the echo waves. Killing Mr. Bubbles made me happy as I’m a real big Bioshock fan(PvE FPS games are one of my favorite genres, not so much a fan of games like CoD or Overwatch/TF2)

Climbing the lighthouse itself was funny to me. From what Scarlett was saying I got confused and put on my Pangolian shield, getting ready for the Leviathan. On my way back down it occured to me that there was probably an ambush waiting for me outside, so I put my Vladof Absorb shield back on without even fighting anything with the Pangolian on. To the surprise of no one, pirates were waiting right outside to stab me in the back.

For the record, yes, I did remember Roscoe before fighting him. That said, having spent much time playing BL1, killing Rakk Hives is no problem at all. That and a Conference Call. Roscoe didn’t stand a chance against my onslaught of shotgun bullets. The Leviathan though, yeesh, that was a hard fight. Him, I did die to. Mostly because he tricked me. I kept on trying to shoot the weak spot on the underside of his mouth when his head came out, thinking that was going to have to happen. It did have to happen, but just waiting would’ve made that much easier. tbh not having Deathtrap at my side would’ve made Leviathan MUCH harder. He kept the attention of the sandworms for most of the fight, giving me time to shoot the weak spots. That said, not killing the worms for a long time did allow them to swarm me between DT spawns, that also proved troublesome, but it was just fine.

All in all, I enjoyed Captain Scarlett’s. It was funny at times and had the usual Borderlands twists where it throws something completely random at you. To Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage next, where I expect more of the same!

edit: Noticed I had to go kill Hunter Hellquist still, and the quest gives Eridium. I still need ammo upgrades, so I quickly went and put an end to him. Torque’s Campaign has started out amazingly. Attempting to sign the waiver got me burned, I’ve only killed 2 packs of enemies so far and I’m enjoying this. Course, first pack had a Tubby Skag in it. That was nice, but it didn’t drop anything. That was not so nice.

(Is this thing on?) #545

Just so you know, the DLCs are a bit different in terms of special enemies, so don’t waste your time looking for any. There are some really easy to farm red chests though - three in Badass Crater and more in the Arena outer circle (once you unlock that and complete the main missions.)

(Trahurn) #546

0r30, the melee assassin and DeadEye, the snipe-zerker made their way from Liarsberg to Sanctuary with Claptrap in tow in NM. Nothing of significance other than running out of sniper ammo because there was a badass psycho when we went to avenge Rhys and collect a power core.

I’m thinking of creating characters dedicated to each weapon type. Have there been threads for who is best (and worst) for each type?