What did you do in your most recent session, PT3!

(Is this thing on?) #567

I just fire off as close to a single round as possible after a reload. That way, I can leave the rumble on without killing the batteries in my controller.

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #568

Does that work on XBOX? On my PS3 the vibration never went away. I turned it off because I began to find the vibrations annoying in general, but if I could’ve stilled it with a pull of the trigger I might’ve used that smg more before this.

Heh, good ol’ infini-bee. One of the things I remember trying out in my first ever UVHM leveling. The Infinity was terribly underleveled (NVHM levels probably) but the Bee damage is so ridiculous that it pulled through for a while. I had no real grasp for how to build a character back then and refused to let go of the skills I just wanted to have no matter what. Then you resort to ridiculous crutches to get by somehow.

And then you get to the point where you don’t necessarily bother to slag non-boss enemies before peak or OP levels unless you don’t pick up good equipment for a while.

Yep, that gives me flashbacks to my original Pete farming strategy when I first started playing. Glitch up onto the ledge, shock Infinity with Sheriff’s Badge, and just sit there for 5 or 10 minutes. lol

I was so clueless. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Is this thing on?) #571

Both 360 and One, yes. I think when the game first came out the vibration was on all the time, but there was an update to nix that? Right now, it only vibrates when the mag is full.

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #572

I didn’t start playing until after the last patch, so I would think that should apply to my game. I remember it vibrating randomly, but that could be chalked up to a more noobish me not being aware of my reloads in true pious bullet painting fashion. I may turn it back on to see if that’s what it is. Thanks for the extra info. :+1:

Edited to be on topic:
SaVladof Bandi rescued Roland today. The customary respawn to Mad Mike, but other than that pretty unremarkable. Got an upgraded corrosive Droog from the red chest in the cell, but didn’t need anything else. Went back for Splinter Group (forgot that we wanted to start UVHM with a level 50 Rok Salt) and Out of Body Experience. Dashboard for a 1340 Shield with an absorb chance over 20% and still dashboarding for an elemental Rok Salt. That’s enough dashboarding for 1 day. I suppose I’ll try again in the morning.

(The doc is in.) #573

Congrats on your OP8 acheivement.
And yes. Sun and Nat are awesome. Awesome players that’s a no brainer but also great partners.
Same goes for Kuole.

:rofl: You don’t say!

(Focused for Success in a Distracting World) #574

Sun has waaaay more experience off-host melee Zer0 than I do but I can tell you it’s something else. It’s like playing blindfolded (Zat0ichi :laughing:).

I’m constantly asking my partner if I actually hit something (thankfully the answer is usually : oh yes, you sure did).

(It's an OP8 Poncho of the Ancients) #575

I didn’t really consider this. In the short time I’ve been doing co-op I’ve normally been off-host and it can be sketchy even for gun Zer0. I can’t imagine melee Zer0.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #576

I agree with @paulothead; if you leave the map and come back in, another one will show up. I think you can really pile them up if you do this.

(The doc is in.) #577

Pretty much sum up my Warrior farm so far. A mask and nearly 600 eridium worth of gemstone guns discarded.
Did get a matching grip Klook Muck thou. Fire rate of 3.1 on a 9 rounds mag is kinda fun on a Muck! :slight_smile:
But the Jackob’s stock limit it’s potential.

Couple more hours before I have to leave. Time for the dices to balance the odds.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #578

It is only Sun who helped Oblivion.

That is just Sun being humble.

You know what a better way to test it? Let’s do a 72 melee zero raids, You will laugh how easy voracidous is with a party of melee zero.

(Relmitos) #579

How so? The named mobs don’t have boosted drop rates of a specific legendary or something?

Aside from that, got far enough into Torque’s to kill Pyro Pete and saved Moxxi. Pete’s Bar is my favorite thing in the game. (Almost) Endlessly spawning enemies, free for all kill spree? Good for some quick fun.

I had so much luck I wish i would’ve spent it on a real lotto ticket or something. After getting to Moxxi’s bar and getting a sponsorship deal, I decided to play the slotmachines because I had about 90 mil cash just sitting around not really doing anything. First thing I do is roll one of the Torque Token machines, not realizing that it was going to use Torque Tokens. After a bit of swearing, the machine finally ends lands on it’s slots; all three are three bars of Eridium. Cha-ching, I got way more tokens then I put in on that one. Then I went over to the cash slots, and before long I landed on 3 vault symbols. I got a Slag Deliverance out of it. I need my legendary spawns to stop being Slag. Ah well, back to work.

(spectacularly mediocre) #580

All I have been doing of late is tubby farming at either Unassuming Docks or behind Ellie’s garage. Well, my persistence has finally paid off and a Tubby Spiderant finally dropped a Bekah - two levels below with possibly the worst parts combo.

I think I’m done farming tubbies for a while now.

(Rumplebunny) #581

I haven’t had much time to play lately because I’m sorting and packing to move next week, but I snuck a little time in tonight. Salvinsky continued his reset playthrough in UVHM, plowing through Data Mining where Saturn actually dropped something:

Back to Sanctuary to hit up the locals for their various bits of underwhelming gear for the big Hero’s Pass fight, and Mr. Mamaril decided to show up as well. He had a Veruc strapped to his back:

but he gave me a blue Maliwan pistol which was sold off with the rest of the junk everyone else gave me. :smiley:

(Relmitos) #582

Not my finest moment of BL2, but I ran and lost the Death Race about 6 or 7 times in a row before I realized I was doing it backwards. Whoops.

(The doc is in.) #583

Vid or it didn’t happened! :sweat_smile:
Sorry for laughing but it would had been a memorable show!

(spectacularly mediocre) #584

I remember doing the same thing the first time I went through the DLC.

(Focused for Success in a Distracting World) #585

Well Sif has reached her final destination on her second try.

First attempt failed when I made a bafflingly bad decision when the constructor spawned together with Doc Mercy. But second attempt went great with one or two FFYLs.

The highlight was taking down the quad-Assassin spawn with a Bee shield and for most of it keeping the shield full. I used a low-level Quasar for most of her climb and of course it’s the only way to do this really - hug the pipe, fire one in the middle and zig zag hop until Rouf can be Phaselocked, fire another Quasar and go crazy on Rouf’s face (Binder COM for more Suspension), another Quasar, Wot next because he goes down so quickly so there’s enough time for SS to grab one of the other two (hopefully Reeth), etc.

I’ll convert her to a mule and will probably get back on melee Zer0’s story playthrough.

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #586

But did you use the Rapier? It’s great for shields, you know… :wink:

Anyway, after a while of abusing the NVHM dragons for eridium, Kottos now has all of his upgrades completed. Irritatingly had to go back just for 150 eridium to get the last bank upgrade but it’s done now. Might do the same thing with everyone eventually, even Gaige who I have no intention of really using again.