What did you do in your most recent session, PT3!

(spectacularly mediocre) #607

Call Me Sal continued with his OP8 main story journey.

The run through the Bloodshot Stronghold went… poorly. I played recklessly and paid for it with three reconstruction fees. I needed better awareness of where all the mobs were, as well as the damn barrels. At least I got an Explosive Fastball for all my troubles.

Going through Bloodshot Ramparts went much better, with no FFYLs. It helps that loaders are pretty easy targets. ROM+M$ dealt with W4R-D3N and loaders in very, very short order.

Traveled to Tundra Express to light up varkids, only to realize I forgot to bring a fire weapon. Took care of this by letting varkids hit me until the nova from FotF lit them up. Retrieved the badonkadonks for Tina without too much trouble. Feeling bit lazy, run through the river to the rocket launching platform instead of crossing the bridge and dealing with the bandit camp.

Managed to rush through the loaders and surveyors in End of the Line in one Gunzerk. I always forget the smallness of this map. Wilhelm held out a just a little longer than W4R-D3N, but not by much. Helped Sanctuary get airborne, then made my way to the Highlands and called it before I have to deal with stalkers.

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #608

We had some great runs. I agree it is more enjoyable playing coop.

Also enjoy the grog, i will enjoy the rubi :grinning:.

Lastly you need to change your taglibe to OP8 poncho of the ancient . :grin::grin:

(It's an OP8 Poncho of the Ancients) #609

You are absolutely correct!

(The Natural Born Timekiller) #610

I assume we can’t do that ourselves, can we?

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #611

We can go to settings and in the box with the full name, type whatever you want.

(The Natural Born Timekiller) #612

Is that so? =|

Well then…

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #613

Do you know about the Tinderbox hidden in the Snowman’s head by the Fast Travel? I think Roland says something about it being stashed somewhere, but I saw it in a YouTube video. Alternatively, you can use the firemelons or the incinerators.

(spectacularly mediocre) #614

I’m embarrassed to say I did not know about the Tinderbox.

(Carlton Slayer) #616

Lady Kilraven left Flamerock Refuge after unlocking The Forest of Being Eaten Alive By Trees. At level 27 she had some difficulty with the level 30 enemies but not much- fortunately I dashboard farmed a decent Sheriff’s Badge for her before leaving Lynchwood (and got an upgrade Law to boot). She completed Opportunity and now is ready to start the climb up Bunker Hill just as soon as she turns in all the side quests and possible increases her backpack space…

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #617

I never use a fire weapon for this. I just turn on the incinerator there and run backwards, it works everytime!

(spectacularly mediocre) #618

While I’ve used the incinerators before, I’ve generally avoided them after having a bad experience with them during my very first playthrough.

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #619

Yeah, I downed myself the first time I used one too, however there’s a delay between hitting the switch and the fire coming out, it’s usually enough to get out of the way. Or you could be a lunatic and let the fire consume you… Or maybe that’s just me :slight_smile:

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #620

No need to be embarrassed, we’ve all been there. :wink:

For example, I didn’t grab my first Lascaux until my 6th playthrough, and didn’t know about the Hornet dropping from Knuckledragger until my 4th UVHM playthrough. Also, I think there’s some Tiny Tina dialogue if you use a certain number of incinerators in Tundra Express, so self immolation comes with reward, or punishment, depending on how you feel about Tiny Tina.

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #621

Really? I didn’t know this. I don’t like Tina but still, new dialogue would be fun :thinking:

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #622

It’s there, I just loaded up and did an incinerator tour with SaVladof Bandi. When you hit 3 incinerators she asks

Spoiler?

Why you using all my fuel girl? I need that fuel to heat up my bath water. Mushy Snugglebites loves warm baths. (Incomplete to keep my spoilers from being complete spoilers. And because I can’t completely remember things from a minute and a half ago.)

(The doc is in.) #623

So that’s what they are for! :smiley:
Took me some time to learn about the Tinderbox too. Since then that’s what I use exclusively even if I’m carrying a fire weapon. High ignite chance and low damage per shot make it the perfect weapon for it.

Back home earlier than previously expected. Still have some specialty guns to farm and someone mentioned Madam Von Bartlesby and the Baby Maker. Good idea.
Unfortunately I think I broke her. She seem to disappear after a nova turret throw. (Died? Unlikely.)
Never saw her spawn afterward.
Tried quitting and reloading the game. Still no Madam. So I’m trying a switch console on/off…
Anyone had that before? She’s not the kind to only seldom spawn as far as I remember.

-edit-
Video removed because no one like to show off his an idiot to the world! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #624

I’ve been farming her recently actually, trying for a fire Baby Maker so Krieg can take on Terra. Not had this happen myself, she’s been there everytime, but then I am basically just killing her with beehawking while she’s phaselocked.

(The doc is in.) #625

Now I really feel embarrassed. Watched the vid more closely and … it’s not her you see dying but a regular Adult Varkid. Turn out I haven’t done the Tea Party missions yet since my playthrough reset!
:roll_eyes::flushed:

(Is this thing on?) #626

That wasn’t the good Madame at the beginning of your first run, it was an adult varkid (you could here the thing pod up while you were on the pathway shooting the Buzzard).

I could be wrong about this, but I think you actually have to run the Tea Party mission to have her spawn - have you done that yet?

Edit: confessionally ninja’d!

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #627

I’m sorry, but :rofl:
I did the same thing a while back to get a Baby Maker for AxTNT. I took Salvester to do it and realized that she was not there to be farmed. The tragic thing is it took me three save/quits to figure it out.