What did you do in your most recent session, PT3!

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #852

It is indeed a badass run. I run it with full nurse build with thoughtlock :wink::wink:.

Too bad sun went down in the final wave of round 5 i thought he can get back up so i went the other way.

Will upload the round when i get back to the office.

("The first rule of Fight Club...") #854

KittyZerker has its limitations. I was only running with Kiittens of each flavor with no real FFYL weapons. Had a blast, as usual, with you guys.

("The first rule of Fight Club...") #855

Starting tomorrow, 3rd Annual “UNOFFICIAL” Hunt! All are welcome to join.

(It's an OP8 Poncho of the Ancients) #856

Unfortunately I did not…but I do have a witness…

OT:
Been trying to do Petes Bar at OP8 but having a bad time of it. So…I did this…I lowered my OP level to OP0…cleared the bar twice…raised it up one OP level…rinse…repeat…now I can clear the Bar at OP8…for the most part. I still go down on occasion, but most times I can clear the bar.

Now I’m going to do the Peak in that same manner…

(The Natural Born Timekiller) #857

O Topneaa, you mah bes’ friend.

So to explain, last night Velocidad had to grind through the Bloodshot Stronghold/Ramparts, with plenty of FFYLs and deaths to spare. Ugh. He does break Roland from Hyperion’s grip in time before sent to the Friendship Gulag.

This morning, he heads over to the Tundra Express packing a few new Vladof toys after some Tinder farming (a Homing Fire Bee, a Longbow Fire Burst (0.7 fuse time), a purple Anarchist, and THAT CORROSIVE TOPNEAA, all on-level (56) ). Varkids ignited, Buzzard Academy raided for the badonkadonks, yadda yadda yadda, up to Wilhelm.

So the Topneaa is paired up with the Kitten (Anarchist with the Rubi) for End of the Line, and I found out I can hit surveyors flush with it, keeping 5 Shots or 6 sustained and the ORBS OF DEATH FLYING ACROSS THE SCREEN – by the way, also found a neat little Lucky War Dog Class Mod (+5 5 Shots or 6, +4 Out of Bubblegum, +3 Filled to the Brim, +29% Reload Speed, and a THICC +40% Magazine Size). And that combination outright flogged Wilhelm in no time flat. Seriously, Angel had not even reassured me I could beat Wilhelm before the Topneaa rotted him away with seemingly no effort at all.

Topneaa > Everything. <3

Next up, the rising action part of the story. :slight_smile:

Also just bought the last Launcher SDU upgrade, allowing for a total of 40 rockets. Filed into the “IS THAT GOOD?!?!” Department.

Awesome. Last summer I did the Peak from OP0 to OP7 with level 72 Ninja gear. That was one of the best learning experiences I’ve had yet. I’ve yet to complete the OP7=>OP8 run. I think Sun gave up on that one too. Striker did it last spring (and with a Love Thumper iirc).

(It's an OP8 Poncho of the Ancients) #859

That’s impressive…just to be clear…I’m doing the exact opposite(playing op0 with op8 gear). Just trying to get this ninja stuff down…I have to say this is the best way to play Zer0. It’s not easy, and I die frequently…but it’s SO REWARDING when you do get it right(between all the failures…LOL)

I did the same with raids. Level 72 with OP8 gear then increase the level every few runs. I capped at OP4-OP6. I haven’t solo’d a raid at OP8 yet.

(It's an OP8 Poncho of the Ancients) #861

ahh…ok. I may do the same. I just got a second wind from 72 Reeth via Melee…with op8 gear…not impressive…but F that bastard…damn it feels good to be a gangsta

(The Natural Born Timekiller) #862

More Topneaa madness… the travel back to Sanctuary.

Well, before that… I hate Rabid Stalkers even with Salvador because there was one in particular that killed VR twice, even as he was wildly chucking Fire Bees trying to get rid of it. It does sort of prove how flawed of a delivery system Homing is because stalkers (especially Rabids) move way too fast to get a direct throw on from anywhere except long range. And the worst part about it is it took trapping itself in a corner to bathe it in the fire of the otherwise admittedly potent power of the Fire Bees. Once that problem was clear, the rest of the trek back to Sanctuary was high-larious. The Gluttonous Thresher could not withstand simultaneous, constant Anarchist and Fire Bee power, the corrosive Topneaa bathed every loader in sight in acid, and it just tore through Constructors too during the beacon defense. I even got so wild with it that in the process of spamming E-tech rockets, I legit saw the FPS go down in real time.

I also forgot to mention dinging 57 after turning in Rising Action, and I expect to be halfway to 58 upon turning in Bright Lights, Flying City. Effectively, Velocidad is just bumrushing through the main story. Appropriately. =|

Whoa. Another Tubby, this one Stalker. Not an issue taking care of it with the Fire Bees and keeping it slagged, but there is an issue with the Legendary it left behind and it was cleansed with heat:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

To quote the Tourettes Guy: “This is the second time I’ve been [REDACTED] by this game.”

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #863

Bandit Slaughter round 1 with Gun Zero, Kitten Sal and Full Nurse Maya with Thoughtlock.

(Laugh hard. Read fast. Be kind) #864

I wanted to get an on-level Hornet for my level 72 Mechromancer, so I went farming Knuckle Dragger… About 90 minutes and quite a lot of kills later I gave up on that, being slightly bored and slowly getting frustrated…

For a little variety I started a new assassin. After a few minutes Chatterb0x killed his first named enemy and got a level 2 Hornet. Thanks a lot RNG!

(Trahurn) #865

0r30, the melee assassin and DeadEye, the snipezerker, cleared some side quests in normal mode. The Happy Pig is running, and its back has been inspected. Mail is delivered. Bullymongs have had Hammerlock’s identity crisis resolved. After reading other posts about the difficulty of off-host melee 0r30 hosted. I did notice some difference in trying to snipe off-host, though not untenable. The melee was reported to be somewhat cleaner, so those two will likely run with that hosting scheme going forward.

(It's an OP8 Poncho of the Ancients) #866

72 Melee Zer0 finished the main story. The fight against Jack went well, using melee I was able to take him out in about 10 seconds. Did have to grab a second wind from his shield surveyor. I ended up using guns to take down the Warrior. I’ll need to study up on how to do this melee. I’ve seen several vids on the subject so it’ll go on my TO-DO list.

On OP8 Melee Zer0 I’m doing Pete’s Bar…finally maxxed out my torgue tokens. I’m not focusing as much on MMF chains as I am just surviving. Also get the farm the machines for Duuurps and Harolds.

Getting to and from Petes Bar through the Beatdown is also very challenging. Neverending DoTs. Brutal.

For the hell of it, I got a matching grip Law for both of my Melee Zer0’s. OP8 has been farming the Zaffords and working on MMF chains while doing so. The Zafford clan is pretty soft, but they have some mean guns. Fortunately it’s pretty easy to Second Wind from them. Working on avoiding going down at all.

Eventually want to do a full story play through at op8 but not ready quite yet. I will eventually start a new melee Zer0 to play from 0-72. I’ve just played through the story so many times lately I don’t wanna burn myself out.

(Selling England by the Pound) #867

I find that run to be very challenging regardless of who i’m using. Those enemies pack a serious punch!

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #868

Took Gaige&Purge through the Nexus and into the Badlands. Respawned once at the first pumping station and then steamrolled the other 2. Saturn went down easy peazy to a few corrosive Hail magazines lobbed over the bus station, and dropped a corrosive Invader, which in turn trivialized the badass Constructor. The lesson I learned is that at 150 stacks you can still snipe to decent effect and a corrosive Invader is evil. Did Uncle Teddy and dashboarded a few times hoping for a shock Lady Fist. Gave up there, will probably take the first one offered to me when I get back. If anyone needs me I’ll be in Lego Middle Earth for a little bit.

(Is this thing on?) #869

Give my regards to LEGOlas.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #870

It’s quips like this that maintain your ‘forum dad’ moniker. :laughing:

On topic: Axton tried out the Stinkpot… not as good in his hands as Zer0’s. :neutral_face:

Phalanx does not block the incoming ice shards (I went under there and took repeated damage from them).

I love this scene in retrospect… what exactly did Buttstallion do to these guys? :open_mouth:

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #871

Round 2 of Bandit Slaughter with Full Nurse Maya, Gun Zero and Kitten Salvador (That Hoarder com is perfect for my pimpernel.

Also, Sun, Brantron and I are doing Son of Craw, got a few kills but not good yet for the time trials so I will share here.

Sal, Zero Krieg vs Son of Craw