Hyperion Siren rolled The Crater and went after Sully for Tina. She went ‘rooftop maniac’, Hyperion style:
- Get to a good rooftop. The Beatdown was made for this.
- Fire a slag dart at the target. This will pop your Amp shield, but you can keep firing until you start to see the shield recharge happening. This lets you get enough shots downwind to guarantee slag while keeping your shield full for Amp damage.
- Switch to your favorite sniper rifle (she’s using the Morningstar here), and immediately aim down the sights to start burning off the initial weapon sway.
- When you hear the three beeps of a full shield, take the shot. If you’re timing all of this right, the enemy should be slagged, your accuracy should be maxed, your shield full, and the crit stack counter ready for another stack (or to replace one that just decayed).
- The other skills that help sniping are passive (Accelerate, Reaper, and Mind’s Eye). These are also all buffed by the Legendary Cat COM, which is what I use here. Wreck would be, but when she’s in Thoughtlock mode, sniping is less… refined.
I see this comparison pop-up on the right, and I’m not sure what it means. Surely it’s not compaing stats from the Bloody Ninja COM to my Legendary Cat? The same values came up for all the COMs. What is that?
That little icon on my HUD above the kill icons is a “power up” indicator from the UCP. Any weapon with a hidden ‘feature’ will show that icon while it’s active, shrinking as the timer decays if applicable (Orc, Ogre, Grog Nozzle, Evil Smasher, etcetera). It’s great for learning how they behave as well as identifying when they’re active (for those that aren’t obvious). For the Morningstar, it shows a count of the stacks that buff damage.
I’ve never seen it this high, and after much deduction, I found out that I had inadvertently done the ‘Morningstar glitch’ once, and was getting two stacks per shot. I’d never played with that ‘feature’ before, but I can see the allure of taking it to an extreme. .
I also had an Ultimate Badass Burner Enforcer say to Maya, “Take your shirt off lady!” which I’ve never heard before (it was as I Thoughtlocked him).