What did you do in your most recent session, PT3!

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #1012

Build checks out :laughing:

2 Likes

(Compulsive Reloader) #1013

Third eridium pumping station in the Badlands, and surprise!!! two Hyperion Predators,both with corrosive launchers running at me.
First one took me down, I was able to 2nd wind off him, then phase locked the second and pimp’ed him.
Did get my blood pumping a little faster…
–RoA

2 Likes

(Hyperion Numba Wan - Accept No Substitute!) #1014

Oh snap, I remember Umpire Sal. I had viewed that build looking for a guideline to use for my other Zerker. I will keep that in mind.

So the newly Hellborn Krieg… man, when they said Loaders would be a problem for him, that was not a joke. So many visits to the New-U Station trying to manage things. Didn’t want to dump more Golden Keys than I did (5, which yielded only a Maliwan Launcher, Incendiary SMG, and a Bandit Blasster).
Eventually he did get past the Bunker but it was a slog. Walked him over to Control Core Angel and I might leave him there for a while.

Mainly I have a heck of a time staying alit. LOL

3 Likes

(The bespoke Eldritch Horror.) #1015

Loaders giving you problems, get a Gub. It’s what I used to bust the BNK3R. Elemental Elation makes it absolutely fiendish. As for staying on fire, play with those points in the tier 1 skills and Flame Flare. You can add more into Flame Flare until it becomes problematic. Are you using Toast or Torch coms? I started TVHM with a Magic Missile and an Infection, the nade set me on fire (Delusional Damage for the win) pretty regularly and the Infection was good for Elemental Empathy Heals (but became less effective for actual kills in UVHM).

2 Likes

(Hyperion Numba Wan - Accept No Substitute!) #1016

I have a Legendary Psycho, that came from the WEP (not sure if from a Loot Midget or a Hyperion Chest, it seems so long ago).

Haven’t been able to find either Toast or Torch Class Mods ample enough.

3 Likes

(The bespoke Eldritch Horror.) #1017

At level 60 I’m using a leg Psycho and having pretty decent results. I can snap a pic of my build when I get home later if you think that might be helpful. Re: staying aflame and gear, I prioritize elemental effect chance for my Maliwan gear. As long as you’re putting out dots you have a good chance of self igniting, and Flame Flare will extend that time. 5/5 can be suicidal without enough enemies to keep Elemental Empathy going, but it will keep you burning longer. I usually rely on stacking dots for that. And a Flame of the Firehawk is helpful too, although a Rough Rider is helpful for staying alive while on fire.

The Legendary Psycho enables javilineer gameplay. That might be something to consider carrying the gear for in your backpack.

3 Likes

(brianbailey393) #1018

Well didn’t get to Op3, farmed the bunker instead. 8 hrs later… finally got all the heads from him! And krieg got his baseball cap booyah!

2 Likes

(The bespoke Eldritch Horror.) #1019

@kawashiultimate
This is a snapshot of my build at level 60. Currently rocking a Legendary Psycho com, FotF, Maliwan/Torgue quasi-allegiance (so everything Maliwan except for: relic, com, and Torgue shotguns, assault rifles, nades, and a Harold). I’m using a Magic Missile for slag/self ignition and then going to town. I started TVHM with all of the Hellborn points and a Blue Razed toast w/o Pain is Power (I think Elemental Elation and Fire Fiend?) and then built toward Bloodsplosion (specced that point at 59) with single points in Mania tier 1 for the com. I’m sure it’s far from perfect, but this has been working pretty well for me so far. Maybe there’s something I’ve got going on there that could help you.

3 Likes

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #1020

Here is the clip.

Fastball Axton vs Voracidous L72

2 Likes

White gear Sal is about ready for WEP now. Finally found some better white gear and just wrapped up a few side missions to get a little closer to the WEP mission level. It’s been a lot less work with the better gear, and that I’ve become accustomed to the limitations.

Rescuing Roland from the Gulag was not much fun. The constructor would not lower his face shield long enough for me to do any real damage, so I had to resort to the run behind him and unload everything I’ve got. Died on the first attempt but killed him on the second one, then Sal took a knee and Roland killed the exploder I trying to get a second wind from. I hate it when they do that. Brick has done that to me before.

I forgot to mention in previous posts a strange event that happened during the meet and great when Sal first got to Sanctuary, in the Rock Paper session with Marcus. When I shot the Vandal with the fire weapon, he popped off of the target board and died on the floor. I’ve never seen anyone come off the board before. Tried to get a screenshot but flubbed it. Always something new in this game.

2 Likes

(How much time do we have?) #1022

Decided to take my chances with the level 46 stuff I’d levelled into with my TVHM psycho, and took the run up to the Bunker. Found a random blue Tediore shield in Sanctuary that was better than what I had, so I skipped the Golden Chest.

I actually blitzed through the bots on the way and the first constructor with just the homing Quasar and the Shredifier, despite still being a bit under-levelled. Unfortunately, the loaders and troops that spawn in when you hit that area and then take the Constructor out got me.

After that, a quick jaunt up the hill to the second constructor; switched out to the homing Pandemic and had a couple of close calls, but managed to take that one out before going down to a DoT again. After getting back, the chests coughed up a green rarity spike shield which was again an improvement, and a couple of purple corrosive Maliwan SMGs.

The Pandemic, SMG, and Shreddifier did for the turrets, bots, and Bunker, who dropped me TWO purple corrosive launchers (one Maliwan, one Tediore). On to the Control Core, and that was a cake walk in comparison. Pandemic + Bloodsplosion is a very interesting combination - I was able to target a single loader, then watch the circle of death spread around to the other side of the room. Levelled up to 47 as I completed the fight, and grabbed a corrosive e-tech sniper from Marcus’ strong room, so I should be good for the next little bit.

One odd thing though: I know the stats on the COMs are basically down to RNG, but this was unexpected:

So the level 42 COM has twice the health regen of the level 46 one, with the same shield recharge delay? That is weird…

3 Likes

(The bespoke Eldritch Horror.) #1023

Hey, I’m Krieging it up today too. :smile:

NightOnKriegMT went to settle some unfinished business with a Constructor and a Thresher with an eating disorder. The constructor was a problem until it derped out. It just sat there and let us take shots at its unprotected eye until it popped. The Gluttonous Flogger took its lumps like a man while I got a second and third wind off of some loaders. The Beacon. That went well until the constructor spawned. After 4 respawns I activated the Holy Spirits transition and used TheFunCannon’s repair/save/quit/repeat trick, that I only know about from @nat_zero_six and the low level NVHM challenge, to get a fast travel. Did the Sanctuary sides that pop up, decided that I would try TTAoDK after upgrading my Harold, and maybe my Kerblaster. Dinged 62 without getting a Harold, but 2 shock Fastballs. Will hit the fields again before I go to the Unassuming Docks.

Edited to give credit where it’s due. A previous version of this post credited the trick to @nat_zero_six. The trick was learned from TheFunCannon speed run videos. Apologies sir.

2 Likes

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #1024

I learn it watching livestream of TheFunCannon speed runs, so credit goes to them.

2 Likes

(The bespoke Eldritch Horror.) #1025

Thank you for correcting me @nat_zero_six. Fixed. You’re still the man, and my hero.

2 Likes

(Hyperion Numba Wan - Accept No Substitute!) #1026

So uh…

Fuerza was sent to raise all kinds of hell in the Eridium Blight, first starting off with the painstaking mission of tearing through Sawtooth Cauldron with a sluggish-af Pounder and a massively underleveled Unkempt Harold. The funny thing was, I finally got a gamechanger in… an L49 Hulk I happened to find in my safe. That and King Mong dropped a L47 Bushwhack. And that helped immsensely in beating down fleshy stuffs.

Well, not before cleaning out the Arid Nexus and enduring a long, insufferable battle with Saturn in which the Hulk took its sweet time to smack things in the face, even with Money Shot. Afterwards, after dinging 50 and taking out two Class Mods I had held up: a Legendary Berserker and a Neutral Evil Monk - may try to find Chaotic Evil now because that may help out with the Torgue shotgun’s painfully slow fire rate.

Those Skrakk are fugly. Like Rathyds except somehow even less photogenic.

Also only needed to smack down Spycho twice to gain a Neogenator.

Effectively then… Fuerza morphed from a directionless Zerker to a Torguezerker to… Deputy/Umpire Sal. Jakobs shotty for the fleshy stuff, EXPLOSION NOISE!!111!! for loaders. It’s a pretty addicting way to play Salvador honestly.

Now let’s go beat down Handsome Jack.

2 Likes

Just wrapped up WEP with White Gear Sal. Was a couple levels low still, but hanging back and being patient paid off. Pimon jumped me while at the ammo machine but the RL took care of him after 6 or 7 shots. The 6.5 sec. reload seemed like forever. The SBA loader outside of Specimen Maintenance got me once and then one of the LMs inside did also. They were all wearing their Sunday best skull bars and I got sloppy.
Bloodwing was not bad. Only 2 levels above Sal. Along the way through WEP I found a non-elemental Hyperion SMG with a Maliwan barrel that was only one level above Sal. Not the unique White Weisenheimer but pretty darn close. Dinged 19 a little ways before Bloodwing and gave it try. Not bad, so I used it on her and it did a good job of chewing up her health.
Died on the first attempt from nothing to shot for a second wind. Second run went much better. Kept more skags alive despite how annoying they were.
So Sal is back in Sanctuary getting ready to go ask a favor from the Slab King, but will probably first run a few side missions to close the Lvl gap a bit. Oh, and got a nice Dubble Gub from one of the WEP LMs. Maybe after his NVHM run with white gear is over he can take out all his finds for some target practice on bandits.

2 Likes

(It's an OP8 Poncho of the Ancients) #1028

I’ve been playing Melee Zer0 at 72, just to try to learn the mechanics and get comfortable. On a whim, I loaded up my op8 Melee Zer0 and reset UVHM. I figured, like my past attempts, that I would play it for a bit then go back to 72. Sure enough, it was tough as hell. I was starting to get discouraged, and was about to give up before I got to Sanctuary, but I made myself push through.

I’m not sure what happened, but as I was running through Bloodshot to rescue Roland, something just “clicked”. I worked through Bloodshot with little issue and just kept going through the story. Made it as far as the three pump stations (yes it was a marathon session).

Of course I still have a lot of work to do, but I feel like I’m on the right track. I’ve paid more New-U fee’s than I care to count. But all in all it’s been pretty awesome. I’ve actually been able to pull a couple MMF chains. I would say of everything required to play melee Zer0, shield management has proven to be the most challenging. That said, I think I’m finally getting it.

I know I’ve said it before, but this really is the most fun I’ve had playing this game. There will definitely be a bunch of Southpaw runs in my immediate future.

3 Likes

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #1029

:+1::+1:

if you want to test it in raids hit me up.

2 Likes

(superzi12345) #1030

Grenadier Axton did a peak run but without the sandhawk because my bad memory.
Did take a different approach scorch and tried a shock babymaker that did pretty well. Inflammable BBB made the difference.
Dmom melted to Avenger tactique. Very good throws. That saved me a bunch of ammo for the black queens. This time I did things right and 8 avenger throw with 118 ammo in the mag where enough to destroy them without minion spawn. God that was satisfying to pull out.
Saturn was a true pain. Hornet took a while with a leg Soldier to take one down once I ran out of Lyuda ammo’s, but as it was time consuming, was in controll too. I hate sitting back and abusing the bee but what can you do. Can’t waste a infinite load of full pistol ammos to take him down Hornet only I guess.
Binary boss was similar but easier, Hornet and bee can deal with him well enough to me, brothers, what beautiful piece of gear is the Hornet? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

(It's an OP8 Poncho of the Ancients) #1031

Absolutely! I’m more comfortable mobbing than raiding, but I’m always willing to expand my repertoire.

2 Likes